Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Simple Question

Featured Replies

Why are the home games starting at ten after the hour and not five after, like they alway have been? It's no big deal but it makes the pregame show seem even longer and it builds more anticipation. When the games started at five after, once Rich and Tommy came on, I knew they would just talk for a few minutes and the game would start. Now, they come on and talk a few minutes and have another commercial and talk some more and then the game starts. Those extra five minutes seem like forever!

Why are the home games starting at ten after the hour and not five after, like they alway have been? It's no big deal but it makes the pregame show seem even longer and it builds more anticipation. When the games started at five after, once Rich and Tommy came on, I knew they would just talk for a few minutes and the game would start. Now, they come on and talk a few minutes and have another commercial and talk some more and then the game starts. Those extra five minutes seem like forever!

 

You answered your own question... Rich and Tommy get an extra five minutes to talk and the network gets another commercial break...

Why are the home games starting at ten after the hour and not five after, like they alway have been? It's no big deal but it makes the pregame show seem even longer and it builds more anticipation. When the games started at five after, once Rich and Tommy came on, I knew they would just talk for a few minutes and the game would start. Now, they come on and talk a few minutes and have another commercial and talk some more and then the game starts. Those extra five minutes seem like forever!

Got to love the anticipation though. Cant wait another 5 minutes to see his fishh :thumbup

Being a team that starts at ten after the hour definitely feels strange. There were always a few of those around ( I think the Mets and the Braves), well we joined the club.

 

Like in the NBA, almost every team starts at 7:30 local time except I think Philadelphia and Toronto.

deffinately different then years past, gets me anxious too cuz i really want to watch the game. but i am starting to see that start time alot more now.

Being a team that starts at ten after the hour definitely feels strange. There were always a few of those around ( I think the Mets and the Braves), well we joined the club.

 

Like in the NBA, almost every team starts at 7:30 local time except I think Philadelphia and Toronto.

Don't forget about the White Sox, all their games start at 7:11 due to a sponsorship deal with 7Eleven.

Being a team that starts at ten after the hour definitely feels strange. There were always a few of those around ( I think the Mets and the Braves), well we joined the club.

 

Like in the NBA, almost every team starts at 7:30 local time except I think Philadelphia and Toronto.

Don't forget about the White Sox, all their games start at 7:11 due to a sponsorship deal with 7Eleven.

Ah, but of course!

Being a team that starts at ten after the hour definitely feels strange. There were always a few of those around ( I think the Mets and the Braves), well we joined the club.

 

Like in the NBA, almost every team starts at 7:30 local time except I think Philadelphia and Toronto.

Don't forget about the White Sox, all their games start at 7:11 due to a sponsorship deal with 7Eleven.

Ah, but of course!

 

Just for the record I believe the Braves have been starting at 7:30. And I don't mind the 7:10 start. If I wait 5 more minutes til I go to ny seat it means I have 5 minutes less of sitting in the sun until it goes down behind the stadium and puts me in the shade. Which used to be around the end of the 1st inning. As far as I'm concerned they could start at 7:30 and it would be perfect.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.