Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NFL Mock Drafts

Featured Replies

Wondering what everyone wants their team to do on draft day?

 

I would love if the Dolphins draft looked something like this.

 

Trade JT to Jacksonville for their 1st and 3rd.

 

1st- Jake Long(OT)

1st- James Hardy(WR)

2nd- Dan Connor(MLB)

2nd- Martellus Bennett(TE)

3rd- Andre Woodson(QB)

3rd- Chilo Rachal(OG)

4th- Craig Steltz(S)

 

After that I could care less. I would be doing backflips.

Wondering what everyone wants their team to do on draft day?

 

I would love if the Dolphins draft looked something like this.

 

Trade JT to Jacksonville for their 1st and 3rd.

 

1st- Jake Long(OT)

1st- James Hardy(WR)

2nd- Dan Connor(MLB)

2nd- Martellus Bennett(TE)

3rd- Andre Woodson(QB)

3rd- Chilo Rachal(OG)

4th- Craig Steltz(S)

 

After that I could care less. I would be doing backflips.

 

I dont mean to rain on your parade, but getting a 1st and 3rd for JT seems like a BIG stretch.

 

BTW I am not sold that the dolphins take Jake Long, think it may be a smoke screen.

 

 

As for the Jets I am praying McFadden slips by the raiders at #4. If he does, he becomes a jet.

  • Author

I'd be fine with a 2nd rounder as well.

 

The three guys I would love the Dolphins to draft regardless of JT being traded or not are Jake Long, Dan Connor and Andre Woodson.

 

Stud OT, a can't miss LB and a very underrated QB imo.

IMO you're reaching for Woodson and Connor. I'm a huuuuge Penn State fan, but I think Connor is going to be a huge bust.

IMO you're reaching for Woodson and Connor. I'm a huuuuge Penn State fan, but I think Connor is going to be a huge bust.

 

A lot of scouts are saying he'll be a poor man's Paul Posluzny with a little more upside... I find that feasible. I think the bust factor is relative to the position being drafted... if he's taken in the late second to third rounds... he'll be a solid pick IMO

I don't know, Poz was the smartest and most determined linebacker I've ever seen. Physically, I'd agree with the comparison but Poz had immeasureables in spades and I don't think Connor does.

I don't think he has uber leadership skills on the LB Corps, but if he goes to a team in need of a complementary LB, he'd be excellent for that. If he has someone to motivate him to play better, he can be very solid.

The vikings have offered a 1st and 3rd to KC for NFL sack leader Jared Allen. Allen is 26 years old, while Taylor is 34.

 

I would say a very late 2nd rounder would probably be the best they could hope for Taylor. I am pretty sure they end up holding on to him though.

 

 

Also, I just read on espn that the bengals turned down two first round picks from washington staying that they are not going to trade Chad Johnson. We'll see how that turns out.

The vikings have offered a 1st and 3rd to KC for NFL sack leader Jared Allen. Allen is 26 years old, while Taylor is 34.

 

I would say a very late 2nd rounder would probably be the best they could hope for Taylor. I am pretty sure they end up holding on to him though.

 

 

Also, I just read on espn that the bengals turned down two first round picks from washington staying that they are not going to trade Chad Johnson. We'll see how that turns out.

 

OMG are the Bengals smoking something??? Two firsts!!?!? Take that s***! Chad obviously doesn't want to be there anymore, this is a great offer! :banghead

I don't think he has uber leadership skills on the LB Corps, but if he goes to a team in need of a complementary LB, he'd be excellent for that. If he has someone to motivate him to play better, he can be very solid.

 

We'll see, this whole thing is really just a huge crapshoot.

 

As for the Giants, I don't want to put down specific names because so much can happen but I think they need to address safety and corner on day one, hopefully in that order. If Phillips or Tyrell Johnson are there I think you have to take one of them. A pass rushing DE is also a given at some point with this defensive scheme, hopefully one they can break into a rover DE/DT role like Tuck has been working in. Other than that, I think they can go to war with what they have, I'm really pumped for the title defense.

I don't think he has uber leadership skills on the LB Corps, but if he goes to a team in need of a complementary LB, he'd be excellent for that. If he has someone to motivate him to play better, he can be very solid.

 

We'll see, this whole thing is really just a huge crapshoot.

 

As for the Giants, I don't want to put down specific names because so much can happen but I think they need to address safety and corner on day one, hopefully in that order. If Phillips or Tyrell Johnson are there I think you have to take one of them. A pass rushing DE is also a given at some point with this defensive scheme, hopefully one they can break into a rover DE/DT role like Tuck has been working in. Other than that, I think they can go to war with what they have, I'm really pumped for the title defense.

 

LB to replace Kawika Mitchell? CB for Madison?

 

But yeah, I see them taking Kenny Phillips first

So I scheduled a date with this chick on saturday afternoon and I totally forgot about the NFL draft :banghead

 

Hopefully I'll be somewhere with a TV.

I don't think he has uber leadership skills on the LB Corps, but if he goes to a team in need of a complementary LB, he'd be excellent for that. If he has someone to motivate him to play better, he can be very solid.

 

We'll see, this whole thing is really just a huge crapshoot.

 

As for the Giants, I don't want to put down specific names because so much can happen but I think they need to address safety and corner on day one, hopefully in that order. If Phillips or Tyrell Johnson are there I think you have to take one of them. A pass rushing DE is also a given at some point with this defensive scheme, hopefully one they can break into a rover DE/DT role like Tuck has been working in. Other than that, I think they can go to war with what they have, I'm really pumped for the title defense.

 

LB to replace Kawika Mitchell? CB for Madison?

 

But yeah, I see them taking Kenny Phillips first

 

LB isn't a huge issue, Kiwi and Pierce are going to start and they have two kids they drafted -- Wilkinson and DeOssie -- that they are high on. Also have Danny Clark for depth, but I think Wilkinson gets the job.

 

I think they'll take a CB on day one, but I think if push comes to shove they can hold out for another year with Madison, Ross, and Webster in a rotation with Dockery filling in when needed. Safety is by far their biggest need.

Here's what NFLDraftCountdown.com has the Dolphins taking in the 1st 3 rounds:

 

1 (1)- Jake Long OT Michigan

2 (32)-Curtis Lofton ILB Oklahoma

2 (57)-Chad Henne QB Michigan

3 (64)-Jason Jones DE Eastern Michigan

The vikings have offered a 1st and 3rd to KC for NFL sack leader Jared Allen. Allen is 26 years old, while Taylor is 34.

 

I would say a very late 2nd rounder would probably be the best they could hope for Taylor. I am pretty sure they end up holding on to him though.

 

 

Also, I just read on espn that the bengals turned down two first round picks from washington staying that they are not going to trade Chad Johnson. We'll see how that turns out.

 

OMG are the Bengals smoking something??? Two firsts!!?!? Take that s***! Chad obviously doesn't want to be there anymore, this is a great offer! :banghead

 

Well it was the redskins 1st pick this year and most likely their 1st in 2009 depending on incentives. They also had calls from the eagles and cowboys but told them no as well.

Here's what NFLDraftCountdown.com has the Dolphins taking in the 1st 3 rounds:

 

1 (1)- Jake Long OT Michigan

2 (32)-Curtis Lofton ILB Oklahoma

2 (57)-Chad Henne QB Michigan

3 (64)-Jason Jones DE Eastern Michigan

 

 

that site had the jets first 3 rounds:

(note: jets dont have a 3rd rounder, they traded it for Kris Jenkins)

 

 

1 Chris Long

2 James Hardy

 

 

I would take that in a second! I will be thrilled with either Chris Long or McFadden.

Here's what NFLDraftCountdown.com has the Dolphins taking in the 1st 3 rounds:

 

1 (1)- Jake Long OT Michigan

2 (32)-Curtis Lofton ILB Oklahoma

2 (57)-Chad Henne QB Michigan

3 (64)-Jason Jones DE Eastern Michigan

 

 

that site had the jets first 3 rounds:

(note: jets dont have a 3rd rounder, they traded it for Kris Jenkins)

 

 

1 Chris Long

2 James Hardy

 

 

I would take that in a second! I will be thrilled with either Chris Long or McFadden.

 

Hardy doesn't make it out of the first from what I've seen... and I think Roethlisberger will pull the Rooney's strings to bring in Hardy if he can... so, I don't think he makes it past Pitt if he's available

Dear Buffalo,

 

If you stay at #11, take whoever is left out of Leodis McKelvin, Derrick Harvey, and Branden Albert. If you want to draft a WR, either trade down or wait until the second round. There is no value in taking a WR at #11.

 

Basically, don't piss me off again.

 

Love,

 

wanks1212

I think Connor is a Dolphin with #64 tomorrow.

we just traded for an inside linebacker...i mean the pick wouldnt shock me...but i look for a corner or wide out here

  • Author

I think Connor is too good to pass up. He was projected as an early 2nd rounder and was a stud all four years in college.

 

113 Tackles 5.0 Sacks 2 INT as a Junior.

145 Tackles 6.5 Sacks 1 INT as a Senior.

 

If we take him with the first pick tommorow, I will feel really good about our draft.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.