Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Dan Uggla be in the HR Derby this year ?

Featured Replies

I say no. I've always hated the Home Run Derby. WTF does it have to do with baseball? I think it detracts from the game.

 

It's more entertaining than the actual all-star game.

The HR derby is BP... players take BP every day, and i know for a fact a lot of teams have their own little HR derbys during BP quite often... slumps are slumps, they don't happen because of HR derbys.

 

Good point it is batting practice nd uggla basically has a homerun derby hitting upper deckers in bp so y not as long as he dosent tire himself out hitting like 50 a round

I say no. I've always hated the Home Run Derby. WTF does it have to do with baseball? I think it detracts from the game.

 

It's more entertaining than the actual all-star game.

 

I rarely watch any part of the ASG. But I do find the HRD entertaining. And the Celebrity Softball Game.

The HR derby is BP... players take BP every day, and i know for a fact a lot of teams have their own little HR derbys during BP quite often... slumps are slumps, they don't happen because of HR derbys.

 

Good point it is batting practice nd uggla basically has a homerun derby hitting upper deckers in bp so y not as long as he dosent tire himself out hitting like 50 a round

 

If other teams are doing that, shame on them. BP before a game is to loosen up a bit and work on things. Like hitting to the opposite field. You will see some guys open it up towards the end of their turns. Or will sometimes "accidentally" get hold of one.

 

Our BP at home takes place before they open the gates.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.