Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Should Dan Uggla be in the HR Derby this year ?

Featured Replies

I would love to see it, but I don't want anything to negative to happen to his swing. I remember Bobby Abreu dominated it, and never really found his swing after the Derby. If he was to be in it, he would have to be the favorite.

bobby has a line drive swing, uggla is a true slugger.

Yeah....a lot of guys who struggled after the home run derby were not prolific home run hitters to begin with. They were guys having unusually high home run totals for what they usually average. Its not something that is going to effect true power hitters.

The HR derby is BP... players take BP every day, and i know for a fact a lot of teams have their own little HR derbys during BP quite often... slumps are slumps, they don't happen because of HR derbys.

Its like the Madden Curse. No!

 

Exactly, even though it seems real, it ISNT!

While we are at it, we should try to get, Rich & Tommy to call the game since they are the best in baseball,

 

Yes I would like to see Uggla in the HR derby and lol @ screwing up his swing

 

also I love the fact that you brought up Rich and Tommy I totally agree that they should call the game as well!

After what happened in 2006 (Phil Garner left Dan Uggla on the bench for the entire game. I believe he was the only NL position player on the roster not to play but I'm not 100% sure of it) I'm more interested in seeing Dan playing than whether he takes part in the Homerun Derby.

 

He was an unknown, though definitely deserving, rookie at the time. I was disappointed, but I don't think they can ignore Uggla this time.

I just vote for both at the same time like any smart person would do. I also vote for cantu but we know that's not happening. When is the last day to turn in the paper ballots? I have a stack here to turn in. plus I've been voting 25-100 times a day online (numerous fake emails) lol

 

LOL you are not alone with teh fake emails and the Cantu voting, LOL, i was up to around 200 votes yesterday, and i just got started voting today, i think Cantu should be in there as a DH, even though it is a very long shot that he will be making it.

 

And yet on another thread we were saying Rab had too much time on his hands.

I don't think that a player should be in the HR Derby if he isn't in the ASG. But that said, Marlins don't exactly fair well in that competion anyways.

I don't think that a player should be in the HR Derby if he isn't in the ASG. But that said, Marlins don't exactly fair well in that competion anyways.

Are you saying Uggla won't make the All-Star team...

I don't think that a player should be in the HR Derby if he isn't in the ASG. But that said, Marlins don't exactly fair well in that competion anyways.

Are you saying Uggla won't make the All-Star team...

 

Not on fan votes. Probably on player votes. Just like the last time he went. My post was misleading. I was just making a general statement.

I say no, i wonder why because we like a team we think everything is great with that team, if Ross hit two more homerun will we be seeing someone saying he should be in the HR derby, i think that is one of the reason Hanley is second in the voting, we should be focusing on voting for him to be a starter, instead everyone is asking to split our time on him and Uggla.

 

I am sorry but what are you talking about splitting the votes between Uggla and Hanley? Have you even voted? because apparently you seem not know that you can vote for both of them without compromising either player's votes. Yeah Hanley should be a starter, but Uggla more than deserves to be in the all-stars game, chances are he won't beat Uttley but he deserves to be there.

I have voted many many times, i saw where someone voted for Hanley 7.000 times then will move over to Uggla with another 7,000, what i'm saying i would rather give 14,000 to Hanley trying to make him a starter than 7,000 to Uggla hopeing he make it, JMO

wtf are you talking about!!! :omg

You can vote for both 14,000! times without splitting anything they play different positions!!! :bangdesk

I say no, i wonder why because we like a team we think everything is great with that team, if Ross hit two more homerun will we be seeing someone saying he should be in the HR derby, i think that is one of the reason Hanley is second in the voting, we should be focusing on voting for him to be a starter, instead everyone is asking to split our time on him and Uggla.

 

I am sorry but what are you talking about splitting the votes between Uggla and Hanley? Have you even voted? because apparently you seem not know that you can vote for both of them without compromising either player's votes. Yeah Hanley should be a starter, but Uggla more than deserves to be in the all-stars game, chances are he won't beat Uttley but he deserves to be there.

I have voted many many times, i saw where someone voted for Hanley 7.000 times then will move over to Uggla with another 7,000, what i'm saying i would rather give 14,000 to Hanley trying to make him a starter than 7,000 to Uggla hopeing he make it, JMO

wtf are you talking about!!! :omg

You can vote for both 14,000! times without splitting anything they play different positions!!! :bangdesk

 

Let me put it plain, i would rather vote 14,000 times for Hanley to start the game than vote 7,000 for Uggla to try to make the game, I also posted JMO= JUST MY OPINION, i hope that is clear,

i'm not going to vote for someone because i like the team when their are other players around the league who are having a better year.

I say no, i wonder why because we like a team we think everything is great with that team, if Ross hit two more homerun will we be seeing someone saying he should be in the HR derby, i think that is one of the reason Hanley is second in the voting, we should be focusing on voting for him to be a starter, instead everyone is asking to split our time on him and Uggla.

 

I am sorry but what are you talking about splitting the votes between Uggla and Hanley? Have you even voted? because apparently you seem not know that you can vote for both of them without compromising either player's votes. Yeah Hanley should be a starter, but Uggla more than deserves to be in the all-stars game, chances are he won't beat Uttley but he deserves to be there.

I have voted many many times, i saw where someone voted for Hanley 7.000 times then will move over to Uggla with another 7,000, what i'm saying i would rather give 14,000 to Hanley trying to make him a starter than 7,000 to Uggla hopeing he make it, JMO

wtf are you talking about!!! :omg

You can vote for both 14,000! times without splitting anything they play different positions!!! :bangdesk

 

Let me put it plain, i would rather vote 14,000 times for Hanley to start the game than vote 7,000 for Uggla to try to make the game, I also posted JMO= JUST MY OPINION, i hope that is clear,

i'm not going to vote for someone because i like the team when their are other players around the league who are having a better year.

But here is the point..

 

You can vote for BOTH OF THEM at the same time! Voting for one is not going to hurt the other!

 

Also, Uggla is having as good a year as any 2B in the league.

I just vote for both at the same time like any smart person would do. I also vote for cantu but we know that's not happening. When is the last day to turn in the paper ballots? I have a stack here to turn in. plus I've been voting 25-100 times a day online (numerous fake emails) lol

 

LOL you are not alone with teh fake emails and the Cantu voting, LOL, i was up to around 200 votes yesterday, and i just got started voting today, i think Cantu should be in there as a DH, even though it is a very long shot that he will be making it.

 

Hey midaz hes not alone, if you dont use fake emails and vote for the Marlins your not cool, so right now YOUR NOT COOL! :)

I just vote for both at the same time like any smart person would do. I also vote for cantu but we know that's not happening. When is the last day to turn in the paper ballots? I have a stack here to turn in. plus I've been voting 25-100 times a day online (numerous fake emails) lol

 

LOL you are not alone with teh fake emails and the Cantu voting, LOL, i was up to around 200 votes yesterday, and i just got started voting today, i think Cantu should be in there as a DH, even though it is a very long shot that he will be making it.

 

Hey midaz hes not alone, if you dont use fake emails and vote for the Marlins your not cool, so right now YOUR NOT COOL! :)

 

So much for our skool system.

I certainly hope so, but I can't remember if he was invited last year or not. I don't think he was but maybe my memory fails me. If he isn't chosen, what excuse does MLB have ?

Cabs represented the Marlins last year

I say no, i wonder why because we like a team we think everything is great with that team, if Ross hit two more homerun will we be seeing someone saying he should be in the HR derby, i think that is one of the reason Hanley is second in the voting, we should be focusing on voting for him to be a starter, instead everyone is asking to split our time on him and Uggla.

 

I am sorry but what are you talking about splitting the votes between Uggla and Hanley? Have you even voted? because apparently you seem not know that you can vote for both of them without compromising either player's votes. Yeah Hanley should be a starter, but Uggla more than deserves to be in the all-stars game, chances are he won't beat Uttley but he deserves to be there.

I have voted many many times, i saw where someone voted for Hanley 7.000 times then will move over to Uggla with another 7,000, what i'm saying i would rather give 14,000 to Hanley trying to make him a starter than 7,000 to Uggla hopeing he make it, JMO

wtf are you talking about!!! :omg

You can vote for both 14,000! times without splitting anything they play different positions!!! :bangdesk

 

Let me put it plain, i would rather vote 14,000 times for Hanley to start the game than vote 7,000 for Uggla to try to make the game, I also posted JMO= JUST MY OPINION, i hope that is clear,

i'm not going to vote for someone because i like the team when their are other players around the league who are having a better year.

But here is the point..

 

You can vote for BOTH OF THEM at the same time! Voting for one is not going to hurt the other!

 

Also, Uggla is having as good a year as any 2B in the league.

He is saying the amount of time he is using to vote on Uggla should be use on Ramirez instead, so we won't get shutout in both position.

He is saying the amount of time he is using to vote on Uggla should be use on Ramirez instead, so we won't get shutout in both position.

 

Literally a fraction of a second in the paper votes and like... 2 seconds in the online vote... it makes no discernable difference

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.