Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question about Eulogio De La Cruz

Featured Replies

I don't know for a fact but I'm guessing that's what he wants to go by, and has asked the press to refer to him as Frankie.

why do they call him Frankie here in Albuquerque? It was in the paper, and even in the programs.

 

I believe his middle name is Francisco, so a logical nickname would be Frankie.

De La Cruz has admitted that his nickname "Frankie" is the result of those who are unable to pronounce his first name correctly. This includes teammates, radio broadcasters Jim Price and Dan Dickerson, as well as Fox Sports Detroit broadcasters Mario Impemba and Rod Allen.

why do they call him Frankie here in Albuquerque? It was in the paper, and even in the programs.

 

I believe his middle name is Francisco, so a logical nickname would be Frankie.

Actually his middle name is Martinez according to the media guide. Whatever his name is I hope to see him back up in the show soon.

  • 1 month later...

I think it started as "Frank" when he was with the West Michigan Whitecaps in 2004... I was there and always remember him being Frank. I could be wrong...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.