October 3, 200818 yr Palin didn't drool. So, she did fine. She didn't drool and she did look kinda hot but she didn't do anything to convince me she's qualified to lead our country or even be 2nd in command. Her experience as a mom and a business owner doesn't exactly pad her resume too much in my opinion. The only thing I felt is that if the Dem ticket were flipped, we'd probably have a better president. More knowledgeable, more experienced, with a history of getting things done. However, he'd be a much worse candidate than Sen Obama.
October 3, 200818 yr Palin didn't drool. So, she did fine. She didn't drool and she did look kinda hot but she didn't do anything to convince me she's qualified to lead our country or even be 2nd in command. Her experience as a mom and a business owner doesn't exactly pad her resume too much in my opinion. The only thing I felt is that if the Dem ticket were flipped, we'd probably have a better president. More knowledgeable, more experienced, with a history of getting things done. However, he'd be a much worse candidate than Sen Obama. Yeah, I kind of thought he might have upstaged Obama a little bit. He seemed very Presidential last night, for whatever that's worth.
October 3, 200818 yr Palin didn't drool. So, she did fine. She didn't drool and she did look kinda hot but she didn't do anything to convince me she's qualified to lead our country or even be 2nd in command. Her experience as a mom and a business owner doesn't exactly pad her resume too much in my opinion. The only thing I felt is that if the Dem ticket were flipped, we'd probably have a better president. More knowledgeable, more experienced, with a history of getting things done. However, he'd be a much worse candidate than Sen Obama. Are you kidding? Biden's foreign policy is among the most wreckless in American politics. I don't care how experienced he is, it's the wrong kind of experience. I'd rather have Obama as commander-in-chief over Biden any day. Obviously I have professed a strong dislike for Obama on this forums, but Biden I absolutely despise. I'm not saying I agree with Biden, I'm just saying that the Dem ticket seems very flippable. You have someone who is all fluff and no substance, and then someone who for better or for worse has a track record and actually knows what hes talking about.
October 3, 200818 yr Palin didn't drool. So, she did fine. She didn't drool and she did look kinda hot but she didn't do anything to convince me she's qualified to lead our country or even be 2nd in command. Her experience as a mom and a business owner doesn't exactly pad her resume too much in my opinion. The only thing I felt is that if the Dem ticket were flipped, we'd probably have a better president. More knowledgeable, more experienced, with a history of getting things done. However, he'd be a much worse candidate than Sen Obama. Are you kidding? Biden's foreign policy is among the most wreckless in American politics. I don't care how experienced he is, it's the wrong kind of experience. I'd rather have Obama as commander-in-chief over Biden any day. Obviously I have professed a strong dislike for Obama on this forums, but Biden I absolutely despise. I'm not saying I agree with Biden, I'm just saying that the Dem ticket seems very flippable. You have someone who is all fluff and no substance, and then someone who for better or for worse has a track record and actually knows what hes talking about. A lot of people agree with you. I thought Biden was phenomenal. I am quite comfortable with Obama and Biden leading this country. Very strong team.
October 3, 200818 yr Hey, if Obama/Biden operate like Bush/Cheney, what difference does it make? :lol
October 4, 200818 yr Biden's experience is overrated. I'll take good judgement over experience. Biden comes across as if he's knowledgeable and I guess he should be congratulated for that because he doesn't know squat. Krauthammer pointed out he made 7 foreign policy errors in 60 seconds. It's hard to believe anyone could be so wrong so often in such a short span while coming off as if he knew what he was talking about. That takes some talent.
October 5, 200818 yr SNL VP Debate[/url]I just think it\'s sad when a party\'s expectations are met when Palin didn\'t faint, throw up or do a deer in the headlights. That\'s the bar they expected her to live up to?? I thought Biden did exactly what he needed to do, which was to tie McCain to Bush. Here\'s some funny:
October 7, 200818 yr That Biden sure knows his foreign policy... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1223254480....html#printMode Biden's Fantasy World Sarah Palin may not know as much about the world, but at least most of what she knows is true. In the popular media wisdom, Sarah Palin is the neophyte who knows nothing about foreign policy while Joe Biden is the savvy diplomatic pro. Then what are we to make of Mr. Biden's fantastic debate voyage last week when he made factual claims that would have got Mrs. Palin mocked from New York to Los Angeles? Start with Lebanon, where Mr. Biden asserted that "When we kicked -- along with France, we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, I said and Barack said, 'Move NATO forces in there. Fill the vacuum, because if you don't know -- if you don't, Hezbollah will control it.' Now what's happened? Hezbollah is a legitimate part of the government in the country immediately to the north of Israel."The U.S. never kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, and no one else has either. Perhaps Mr. Biden meant to say Syria, except that the U.S. also didn't do that. The Lebanese ousted Syria's military in 2005. As for NATO, Messrs. Biden and Obama may have proposed sending alliance troops in, but if they did that was also a fantasy. The U.S. has had all it can handle trying to convince NATO countries to deploy to Afghanistan. Speaking of which, Mr. Biden also averred that "Our commanding general in Afghanistan said the surge principle in Iraq will not work in Afghanistan." In trying to correct him, Mrs. Palin mispronounced the general's name -- saying "General McClellan" instead of General David McKiernan. But Mr. Biden's claim was the bigger error, because General McKiernan said that while "Afghanistan is not Iraq," he also said a "sustained commitment" to counterinsurgency would be required. That is consistent with Mr. McCain's point that the "surge principles" of Iraq could work in Afghanistan. Then there's the Senator's astonishing claim that Mr. Obama "did not say he'd sit down with Ahmadinejad" without preconditions. Yet Mr. Biden himself criticized Mr. Obama on this point in 2007 at the National Press Club: "Would I make a blanket commitment to meet unconditionally with the leaders of each of those countries within the first year I was elected President? Absolutely, positively no." Or how about his rewriting of Bosnia history to assert that John McCain didn't support President Clinton in the 1990s. "My recommendations on Bosnia, I admit I was the first one to recommend it. They saved tens of thousands of lives. And initially John McCain opposed it along with a lot of other people. But the end result was it worked." Mr. Biden's immodesty aside, Mr. McCain supported Mr. Clinton on Bosnia, as did Bob Dole even as he was running against him for President in 1996 -- in contrast to the way Mr. Biden and Democratic leaders have tried to undermine President Bush on Iraq. Closer to home, the Delaware blarney stone also invited Americans to join him at "Katie's restaurant" in Wilmington to witness middle-class struggles. Just one problem: Katie's closed in the 1980s. The mistake is more than a memory lapse because it exposes how phony is Mr. Biden's attempt to pose for this campaign as Lunchbucket Joe. We think the word "lie" is overused in politics today, having become a favorite of the blogosphere and at the New York Times. So we won't say Mr. Biden was deliberately making events up when he made these and other false statements. Perhaps he merely misspoke. In any case, Mrs. Palin may not know as much about the world as Mr. Biden does, but at least most of what she knows is true.
October 7, 200818 yr Author That Biden sure knows his foreign policy... http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1223254480....html#printMode Biden's Fantasy World Sarah Palin may not know as much about the world, but at least most of what she knows is true. In the popular media wisdom, Sarah Palin is the neophyte who knows nothing about foreign policy while Joe Biden is the savvy diplomatic pro. Then what are we to make of Mr. Biden's fantastic debate voyage last week when he made factual claims that would have got Mrs. Palin mocked from New York to Los Angeles? Start with Lebanon, where Mr. Biden asserted that "When we kicked -- along with France, we kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, I said and Barack said, 'Move NATO forces in there. Fill the vacuum, because if you don't know -- if you don't, Hezbollah will control it.' Now what's happened? Hezbollah is a legitimate part of the government in the country immediately to the north of Israel."The U.S. never kicked Hezbollah out of Lebanon, and no one else has either. Perhaps Mr. Biden meant to say Syria, except that the U.S. also didn't do that. The Lebanese ousted Syria's military in 2005. As for NATO, Messrs. Biden and Obama may have proposed sending alliance troops in, but if they did that was also a fantasy. The U.S. has had all it can handle trying to convince NATO countries to deploy to Afghanistan. Speaking of which, Mr. Biden also averred that "Our commanding general in Afghanistan said the surge principle in Iraq will not work in Afghanistan." In trying to correct him, Mrs. Palin mispronounced the general's name -- saying "General McClellan" instead of General David McKiernan. But Mr. Biden's claim was the bigger error, because General McKiernan said that while "Afghanistan is not Iraq," he also said a "sustained commitment" to counterinsurgency would be required. That is consistent with Mr. McCain's point that the "surge principles" of Iraq could work in Afghanistan. Then there's the Senator's astonishing claim that Mr. Obama "did not say he'd sit down with Ahmadinejad" without preconditions. Yet Mr. Biden himself criticized Mr. Obama on this point in 2007 at the National Press Club: "Would I make a blanket commitment to meet unconditionally with the leaders of each of those countries within the first year I was elected President? Absolutely, positively no." Or how about his rewriting of Bosnia history to assert that John McCain didn't support President Clinton in the 1990s. "My recommendations on Bosnia, I admit I was the first one to recommend it. They saved tens of thousands of lives. And initially John McCain opposed it along with a lot of other people. But the end result was it worked." Mr. Biden's immodesty aside, Mr. McCain supported Mr. Clinton on Bosnia, as did Bob Dole even as he was running against him for President in 1996 -- in contrast to the way Mr. Biden and Democratic leaders have tried to undermine President Bush on Iraq. Closer to home, the Delaware blarney stone also invited Americans to join him at "Katie's restaurant" in Wilmington to witness middle-class struggles. Just one problem: Katie's closed in the 1980s. The mistake is more than a memory lapse because it exposes how phony is Mr. Biden's attempt to pose for this campaign as Lunchbucket Joe. We think the word "lie" is overused in politics today, having become a favorite of the blogosphere and at the New York Times. So we won't say Mr. Biden was deliberately making events up when he made these and other false statements. Perhaps he merely misspoke. In any case, Mrs. Palin may not know as much about the world as Mr. Biden does, but at least most of what she knows is true. Oh yay, a WSJ editorial! :thumbdown
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.