October 7, 200817 yr http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-r...2008/jim-cramer As far as the economic crisis goes, I enjoyed this interview with Jim Cramer. It was somewhat informative and pretty damn funny. *Let me know if I put this in the wrong forum*
October 7, 200817 yr http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-r...2008/jim-cramer As far as the economic crisis goes, I enjoyed this interview with Jim Cramer. It was somewhat informative and pretty damn funny. *Let me know if I put this in the wrong forum* I saw it last night. I don't agree with his claims that we can't blame it on Bush at all.
October 8, 200817 yr Author http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-r...2008/jim-cramer As far as the economic crisis goes, I enjoyed this interview with Jim Cramer. It was somewhat informative and pretty damn funny. *Let me know if I put this in the wrong forum* I saw it last night. I don't agree with his claims that we can't blame it on Bush at all. Of course you don't. I'm sure you blame Bush for your cat catching a cold. But seriously, I don't agree that zero blame is on Bush, but if you look at the factors involved, Bush's only blame is for not making more of an effort to stop it when it seemed imminent.
October 8, 200817 yr http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-r...2008/jim-cramer As far as the economic crisis goes, I enjoyed this interview with Jim Cramer. It was somewhat informative and pretty damn funny. *Let me know if I put this in the wrong forum* I saw it last night. I don't agree with his claims that we can't blame it on Bush at all. Of course you don't. I'm sure you blame Bush for your cat catching a cold. But seriously, I don't agree that zero blame is on Bush, but if you look at the factors involved, Bush's only blame is for not making more of an effort to stop it when it seemed imminent. I don't blame him for EVERYTHING, but he has been in office for 8 years. To say his policies and advisors' decisions had no impact on the economic crisis would be absurd.
October 8, 200817 yr so for 7 years we had the strongest economy, consumer faith, lowest unemployment rates, and growing middle class ever. Democrats get in office in 2006 and things crumble, but its all Bush right?
October 8, 200817 yr Author Good to see Cramer isn't whipping people into a panic. I like Cramer for the most part, but he's not well. He goes crazy every once in a while.
October 8, 200817 yr so for 7 years we had the strongest economy, consumer faith, lowest unemployment rates, and growing middle class ever. Democrats get in office in 2006 and things crumble, but its all Bush right? The strength of our economy over the last 7-8 years was a house of cards. It was not built to last, thanks to the housing and credit bubbles. Alan Greenspan needs to take some blame for this as well.
October 9, 200817 yr so for 7 years we had the strongest economy, consumer faith, lowest unemployment rates, and growing middle class ever. Democrats get in office in 2006 and things crumble, but its all Bush right? The strength of our economy over the last 7-8 years was a house of cards. It was not built to last, thanks to the housing and credit bubbles. Alan Greenspan needs to take some blame for this as well. Yeah, we just have to take a look at the dollar and see how weak it's been; I mean, what was the last time it was 1-1 against the Euro?
October 9, 200817 yr so for 7 years we had the strongest economy, consumer faith, lowest unemployment rates, and growing middle class ever. Democrats get in office in 2006 and things crumble, but its all Bush right? The unemployment rate was lower in the late 90's than it has been since 2001. The dollar has been getting weaker since 2001. Not sure how you can blame that on the Dems getting power in 2006.
October 10, 200817 yr Author The weak dollar has helped our economy. Thanks to that our exporting has been doing well enough. This crisis has to do with a belief that all americans should own a house. Orgs like Fannie and Freddie, among others handing out loans like mashed potatoes at a homeless shelter, with no money down and no concern as to ability to pay back. The biggest blame should first be on the banks/F&F themselves. Then it needs to be on Congress, both parties, because they saw the impending crisis but did nothing because they were lininh their pockets with funds from Freddie and Fannie.
October 10, 200817 yr The weak dollar has helped our economy. Thanks to that our exporting has been doing well enough. This crisis has to do with a belief that all americans should own a house. Orgs like Fannie and Freddie, among others handing out loans like mashed potatoes at a homeless shelter, with no money down and no concern as to ability to pay back. The biggest blame should first be on the banks/F&F themselves. Then it needs to be on Congress, both parties, because they saw the impending crisis but did nothing because they were lininh their pockets with funds from Freddie and Fannie. Well, we still have a huge trade deficit, and it was only till this year that I remember anyone saying that our exports were increasing. The dollar had been weak, but not as weak as, say, this summer. And even when exports increased this year the economy still got worse.
October 12, 200817 yr Author The weak dollar has helped our economy. Thanks to that our exporting has been doing well enough. This crisis has to do with a belief that all americans should own a house. Orgs like Fannie and Freddie, among others handing out loans like mashed potatoes at a homeless shelter, with no money down and no concern as to ability to pay back. The biggest blame should first be on the banks/F&F themselves. Then it needs to be on Congress, both parties, because they saw the impending crisis but did nothing because they were lininh their pockets with funds from Freddie and Fannie. Well, we still have a huge trade deficit, and it was only till this year that I remember anyone saying that our exports were increasing. The dollar had been weak, but not as weak as, say, this summer. And even when exports increased this year the economy still got worse. The economy got worse in spite of the dollar being weak. With everything else thats going on, strength in exports was not going to hold the economy together. But it was one positive sector to look at.
October 12, 200817 yr so for 7 years we had the strongest economy, consumer faith, lowest unemployment rates, and growing middle class ever. Democrats get in office in 2006 and things crumble, but its all Bush right? The strength of our economy over the last 7-8 years was a house of cards. It was not built to last, thanks to the housing and credit bubbles. Alan Greenspan needs to take some blame for this as well. More like the last 40 years or ever since we went off hard money completely. I believe things started to go south once we lost our manufacturing base, which had been this nation's strength for ages. Once that happened, our next best industry was finance (seemingly).
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.