November 1, 200817 yr The career numbers that appeal to me for Baker's platoon partner are those of, Ausmus, Bard, Barrett, Lo Duca, Pudge, David Ross, Varitek, and maybe Zaun and Toby Hall (although he raked vs. LHP in 2008). Don't really want any of them. Hopefully Olsen nets us a young catcher. Let me rephrase - my feelings are more aptly stated as, "The only career numbers vs. LHP which I would find palatable for Baker's platoon partner are those of.... Not in love with any of them, by any stretch though.
November 1, 200817 yr The career numbers that appeal to me for Baker's platoon partner are those of, Ausmus, Bard, Barrett, Lo Duca, Pudge, David Ross, Varitek, and maybe Zaun and Toby Hall (although he raked vs. LHP in 2008). Don't really want any of them. Hopefully Olsen nets us a young catcher. Let me rephrase - my feelings are more aptly stated as, "The only career numbers vs. LHP which I would find palatable for Baker's platoon partner are those of.... Not in love with any of them, by any stretch though. Although I forgot to mention Olivo initially in my first post (I edited it in now). His splits are amazing, even if he does K a lot. What would be his salary demands?
November 1, 200817 yr I'd be extremely surprised if the Royals didn't exercise Olivo's option. They signed him because of his numbers against LHP, and he did exactly that. They're going to keep him.
November 1, 200817 yr I think we'll be doing most of our offseason work through trades. Nice to see LoDuca and Gonzo as B free agents though...at least we get something back if someone signs them. We only get draft picks back if we offer them arbitration and they decline it. And we will not be offering them arbitration. And if we do, they accept it (especially Duke) So we get nothing.
November 2, 200817 yr I'd sign Garret Anderson to fill the Louis Gonzales role with this year's team. Especially if he would sign for the same money that Gonzales did.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.