Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

National League Gold-Glove Awards

Featured Replies

  • Author

Edmunds did not deserve it, and neither did Cruz. IMO, it should have been Juan and Hidalgo.

both Edmonds and Cruz deserved it, the only undeserving people on this list are Matheny (should be I Rod) and Lee (should be Snow) Lee is undeserving?

 

I have to curse here. Are you f***ing nuts? That's the stupidest f***ing thing I have EVER heard. Even Snow would tell you Lee deserved it.

 

And Edmunds had a million errors. Juan Encarnacion had ZERO. And Richard Hidalgo led the league in assists.

Giantsin04's opinion on the gold glove winners is irrelevant in my mind due to him saying Snow deserves it more than Lee. That's one of the dumbest things i've ever heard in my life, I hope he only said that because of being blinded by Snow being on his favorite team.

  • Author

Juan Pierre getting some VERY deserved honerable mention.

 

Juan Encarnacion just got his honerable mention.

Wildcard, I love how definitive you are when you make statements.

 

And Edmunds won't be winning one this year. I gaurentee you this.

 

:rolleyes:

For Example,

Cubs sign Luis Castillo. . . .

 

Cubbie Fan - "Wow, we got the best defensive baseman in the league, he just won't a GG"

For one, never mention Cubs and Luis Castillo in the same sentence ever again. lol.

 

Second, he was already considered the best defensive 2B in the NL, very possibly in baseball, only now it's just official. I know is sad. But I'm pretty sure that Cubs will bid on Castillo. . .

Juan Pierre getting some VERY deserved honerable mention.

 

Juan Encarnacion just got his honerable mention.

Where is this? Link? Radio or TV?

Wildcard, I love how definitive you are when you make statements.

 

And Edmunds won't be winning one this year. I gaurentee you this.

 

:rolleyes: Let's recap what I can remember, Wild Card has cost the marlins game 2 of the world series, the hurricanes their game at Virginia Tech, possibly Pierre, if not him somebody else, a gold glove. Hmmm what else guys, help me out here? :unsure :

  • Author

Wildcard, I love how definitive you are when you make statements.

 

And Edmunds won't be winning one this year. I gaurentee you this.

 

:rolleyes: OK, let me rephrase.

 

I gaurentee you that Edmunds did not deserve it. Not at all.

Giantsin04's opinion on the gold glove winners is irrelevant in my mind due to him saying Snow deserves it more than Lee. That's one of the dumbest things i've ever heard in my life, I hope he only said that because of being blinded by Snow being on his favorite team.

Snow is far and away the best defensive 1b in baseball, arguably one the greatest of all time

You think he'd be in the big leagues if he didn't have a great glove considering he can't hit for s***

Giantsin04's opinion on the gold glove winners is irrelevant in my mind due to him saying Snow deserves it more than Lee. That's one of the dumbest things i've ever heard in my life, I hope he only said that because of being blinded by Snow being on his favorite team.

Snow is far and away the best defensive 1b in baseball, arguably the greatest of all time Of all time? :lol That's some potent stuff you are smoking....

does the fact that castillo and lee both won gold gloves today change the picture for us? should we focus on resigning these two? I think management will think twice before trading lee or letting go castillo. If we do trade Lee, though, we'll get a good deal for him. AS of Castillo, I don't really think we'll be able to retain him if we resign both lowell and pudge...It just depends on what pudge decides, cuz apparently lowell is going to be offered a multi-year contract.

 

any thoughts?

  • Author

Let's recap what I can remember, Wild Card has cost the marlins game 2 of the world series, the hurricanes their game at Virginia Tech, possibly Pierre, if not him somebody else, a gold glove. Hmmm what else guys, help me out here? :unsure :

:lol

 

Snow is far and away the best defensive 1b in baseball, arguably the greatest of all time

You're a f***ing nut case.

 

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time talking about this/

 

Just like Eric Gagne doesn't deserve the Cy Young award, right!? :lol

 

Where is this? Link? Radio or TV?

 

ESPNews.

the only reason why lee won was because Snow spent a considerable amount of time on the DL.

Snow is far and away the best defensive 1b in baseball, arguably the greatest of all time

 

You're a f***ing nut case.

 

I don't even know why I'm wasting my time talking about this/

 

Just like Eric Gagne doesn't deserve the Cy Young award, right!? :lol Yeah, and Bonds was robbed of a gold glove!!

Wildcard, I love how definitive you are when you make statements.

 

And Edmunds won't be winning one this year. I gaurentee you this.

 

:rolleyes: OK, let me rephrase.

 

I gaurentee you that Edmunds did not deserve it. Not at all. are you kidding? he is number 1, by far, in range factor out of all outfielders in the NL. that field pct stat on ESPN.com that you're looking at is very misleading

  • Author

the only reason why lee won was because Snow spent a considerable amount of time on the DL.

OK...

 

Keep telling yourself that.

does the fact that castillo and lee both won gold gloves today change the picture for us? should we focus on resigning these two? I think management will think twice before trading lee or letting go castillo. If we do trade Lee, though, we'll get a good deal for him. AS of Castillo, I don't really think we'll be able to retain him if we resign both lowell and pudge...It just depends on what pudge decides, cuz apparently lowell is going to be offered a multi-year contract.

 

any thoughts?

I think this drives both Castillo and Lee value on the market. We should get a pretty decent return if we trade DLEE.

 

On Castillo, it doesn't help us it hurt us since he is a FA

Snow didn't play nearly enough games to merit any awards this year. He started 93 games at first. That's just a little more than half a season. Lee started 153 games. They each had 5 errors. Considering how many great digs and diving stops Lee made this year, I doubt Snow could have done enough in those 93 games to merit an award. I doubt it, because it's impossible.

does the fact that castillo and lee both won gold gloves today change the picture for us? should we focus on resigning these two? I think management will think twice before trading lee or letting go castillo. If we do trade Lee, though, we'll get a good deal for him. AS of Castillo, I don't really think we'll be able to retain him if we resign both lowell and pudge...It just depends on what pudge decides, cuz apparently lowell is going to be offered a multi-year contract.

 

any thoughts?

i don't think it makes much of a difference.

 

we weren't going to keep castillo anyway, so it doesn't matter whether or not he gets a GG.

 

more likely than not, we were going to trade Lee, so this actually helps us. it increases his trade value. i'm glad he won it.

I take that back about Snow should have won because I forgot the amount of time he spent on the DL, but that's the only reason why Lee should have won.

And Matheny over I Rod is a complete joke.

Snow didn't play nearly enough games to merit any awards this year.

I had forgotten about that, read my previous post.

Wildcard, I love how definitive you are when you make statements.

 

And Edmunds won't be winning one this year. I gaurentee you this.

 

:rolleyes: OK, let me rephrase.

 

I gaurentee you that Edmunds did not deserve it. Not at all. are you kidding? he is number 1, by far, in range factor out of all outfielders in the NL. that field pct stat on ESPN.com that you're looking at is very misleading agreed

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.