October 11, 200916 yr Author I think it is wrong that several of the league scoring categories have just been changed. Wait until the end of the year to change these sort of things as doing it midway through the season has a huge effect on most players teams. Namely categories such as now not getting any points whatsoever for extra points for the kickers. Part of the reason you choose a kicker some weeks is because they play a weak defense and so should score lots of fantasy points through a combination of FG and XP. The only thing I mainly adjusted were the defensive categories, since people were complaining about those earlier. I adjusted it to make the higher ranked positions the most valuable, like decreasing punter points.
October 11, 200916 yr I think it is wrong that several of the league scoring categories have just been changed. Wait until the end of the year to change these sort of things as doing it midway through the season has a huge effect on most players teams. Namely categories such as now not getting any points whatsoever for extra points for the kickers. Part of the reason you choose a kicker some weeks is because they play a weak defense and so should score lots of fantasy points through a combination of FG and XP. The only thing I mainly adjusted were the defensive categories, since people were complaining about those earlier. I adjusted it to make the higher ranked positions the most valuable, like decreasing punter points. My main problem is the fact you have removed the scoring categories for running back a kickoff or punt for a TD. There is a reason the teams are listed as D/ST and not simply D. Special Teams is a big reason certain teams were drafted (such as Chicago for the Hester factor) and thus they should accumulate points for scores.
October 11, 200916 yr I think it is wrong that several of the league scoring categories have just been changed. Wait until the end of the year to change these sort of things as doing it midway through the season has a huge effect on most players teams. Namely categories such as now not getting any points whatsoever for extra points for the kickers. Part of the reason you choose a kicker some weeks is because they play a weak defense and so should score lots of fantasy points through a combination of FG and XP. The only thing I mainly adjusted were the defensive categories, since people were complaining about those earlier. I adjusted it to make the higher ranked positions the most valuable, like decreasing punter points. What people were complaining? I remember Dr. Beinfest and that's about it. I'm hugely against this and kinda pissed off.
October 11, 200916 yr I think by changing the settings, you changed the scores from prior weeks. I won last week vs. Rab, but now my league record is showing as 2-2 and not 3-1. Please fix this.
October 11, 200916 yr I think by changing the settings, you changed the scores from prior weeks. I won last week vs. Rab, but now my league record is showing as 2-2 and not 3-1. Please fix this. Wow really?!? That is f*cked. As I said before, changing the rules/scoring during a season is a bad move.
October 11, 200916 yr Yep. 43 of my points last week came from San Fran. By changing the scoring, it took a ton of points away and changed the result for the week.
October 11, 200916 yr Yep. 43 of my points last week came from San Fran. By changing the scoring, it took a ton of points away and changed the result for the week. F***ing Rams...
October 11, 200916 yr I think it is wrong that several of the league scoring categories have just been changed. Wait until the end of the year to change these sort of things as doing it midway through the season has a huge effect on most players teams. Namely categories such as now not getting any points whatsoever for extra points for the kickers. Part of the reason you choose a kicker some weeks is because they play a weak defense and so should score lots of fantasy points through a combination of FG and XP. The only thing I mainly adjusted were the defensive categories, since people were complaining about those earlier. I adjusted it to make the higher ranked positions the most valuable, like decreasing punter points. What people were complaining? I remember Dr. Beinfest and that's about it. I'm hugely against this and kinda pissed off. And I never complained about defense in itself, but rather the fact that TD's were worth 4 for absolutely no reason. I still wouldn't agree with any stats changings if it affects prior weeks.
October 12, 200916 yr Author Sorry, didn't realize that it would change scores from prior weeks. Fixed it.
October 12, 200916 yr is it possible for us to get rid of like 3 players per team? can we please get rid of the punters as well? and go to the regular scoring of leagues on espn.
October 12, 200916 yr Now why would we do that? We just established that everything changes when you edit the stats. Same goes to the punters. And why would we get rid of the players? That makes no sense at all. To conclude this statement... my 4-0 team will finally take it's fall. What a shame. Eh, it was gonna happen sooner or later. Gotta admit though, I've been lucky as hell. My team has potential but it's been playing like garbage. The only reason I've been winning my games was because of the fact that my opponents were not scoring against me either. Though hey, who knows, Dan Carpenter, Mark Sanchez, and Ricky Williams could all combine for some nice numbers and... hope
October 12, 200916 yr You still need to go in and manually adjust the results from last week. Rab needs 1 more loss and I need 1 more win.
October 12, 200916 yr The crunch match between the Users of the Year, Rabb and myself is going down to the wire. I am currently 14 points ahead, but Rabb has Thomas Jones left. Gonna be a close one!
October 12, 200916 yr Author You still need to go in and manually adjust the results from last week. Rab needs 1 more loss and I need 1 more win. Done.
October 12, 200916 yr The crunch match between the Users of the Year, Rabb and myself is going down to the wire. I am currently 14 points ahead, but Rabb has Thomas Jones left. Gonna be a close one! Nothing against Rab, but in my separate league Thomas Jones is my last hope. My opponent went up 100-33 after match 1 was through. He had Bradshaw, AP, and Roethlisberger. I pulled up to the current score of 119-97. Down 22, I've got Thomas Jones and Chad Henne (long story but essentially Rodgers bye week, Pennington injured, Kerry Collins not cutting it, last starting option in free agency). He's got Cotchery, I hope Cotch doesn't play tonight.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.