Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

College Football Thread - 2009 Week 3

Featured Replies

Florida is still ranked 1st, what a joke.

 

 

 

Yeah, but who else would you put there?

#2 Texas beat Texas Tech, who while unranked, was 28th in AP votes and 27 in USA Today. And it wasn't a little 10 point victory either.

 

 

Texas also played Louisiana-Monroe and Wyoming before beating Tech.

 

Both of them beat cupcake teams their first two games, and then beat decent unranked teams by 10. Even if the Longhorn's wins are slightly better, I'm not complaining about it.

The first two were cupcake, I'll give you that, but the third game wasn't, they beat TT by 24 points. Florida was a 28 point favorite and won by 10.

 

For the record I don't hate UF like Dim claimed, I hate the system and have been harping on UF because I think it shows the problems inherent in the system.

So claiming a successful system is the reason you hate UF? So apparently running the Bonzai offense fills you with hate?

 

Ok...

 

Anyway you are severely overrating Texas Tech, and holding a schedule against Florida, when the first two games they won by 50+ is hilarious. I mean last year they had the toughest schedule in college football and only lost a game, they are showing right now that they are still the best team in college football.

 

You play the teams in front of you, Florida didn't choose their schedule. The writers voted them #1, and they have won their first 3 games and won against Tennessee when nothing was working for us. That shows you #1 team type of material.

 

You won't admit it Rab, but you seem to have a large hate for UF. Don't understand why, but it just seems that way.

Florida is still ranked 1st, what a joke.

 

 

 

Yeah, but who else would you put there?

#2 Texas beat Texas Tech, who while unranked, was 28th in AP votes and 27 in USA Today. And it wasn't a little 10 point victory either.

 

 

Texas also played Louisiana-Monroe and Wyoming before beating Tech.

 

Both of them beat cupcake teams their first two games, and then beat decent unranked teams by 10. Even if the Longhorn's wins are slightly better, I'm not complaining about it.

The first two were cupcake, I'll give you that, but the third game wasn't, they beat TT by 24 points. Florida was a 28 point favorite and won by 10.

 

For the record I don't hate UF like Dim claimed, I hate the system and have been harping on UF because I think it shows the problems inherent in the system.

 

 

Texas beat TT by 10, not 24. Both of them have had nearly identical schedules, so I don't have a problem with UF being number one.

So claiming a successful system is the reason you hate UF? So apparently running the Bonzai offense fills you with hate?

 

Ok...

 

Anyway you are severely overrating Texas Tech, and holding a schedule against Florida, when the first two games they won by 50+ is hilarious. I mean last year they had the toughest schedule in college football and only lost a game, they are showing right now that they are still the best team in college football.

 

You play the teams in front of you, Florida didn't choose their schedule. The writers voted them #1, and they have won their first 3 games and won against Tennessee when nothing was working for us. That shows you #1 team type of material.

 

You won't admit it Rab, but you seem to have a large hate for UF. Don't understand why, but it just seems that way.

 

1) Florida did choose there schedule. This is college football.

 

2) I'm not overrated TT, they were right outside the top 25. Tennessee didn't have any votes.

 

3) You might know that when I was a kid I grew in Houston, Texas. From when I was a little kid until about... 16 years old (when I decided to stay in Miami), my dream was always to go to the same school as both of my uncles and my aunt back in my native Texas, Texas A&M. In such, I was groomed to HATE the Longhorns. I mean, real hate. I hate them hard. Super hate. I think I've made my point on how I feel about them. I dislike no program more. This has nothing to do with bias.

Texas beat TT by 10, not 24. Both of them have had nearly identical schedules, so I don't have a problem with UF being number one.

 

My mistake, you're right. Though TT is much better than Tennessee.

UF(and every other team) does choose the non-conference games on its schedule. So depending on whether they play an 11 or 12 game season, that's 3 or 4 games they choose. 2 or 3 if you consider they play FSU every year.

 

 

 

 

UM is 9 in 1 poll and 13 in the other. The coaches(AP poll) love UM. The sports writers/analysts(USA Today poll), not so much except for Kirk Herbstreit. He said during the Texas game last night that UM is a top 5 team.:lol They're also 7th in the ESPNU Fan Rankings poll(for whatever that's worth).

 

Edit: I had it backwards. AP is writers and USA Today is coaches.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.