September 23, 200917 yr one was game i want to be over jj was not at his best second game Anibal did very well have run support too so what you think on both game??
September 23, 200917 yr 81-71 not too shabby of a season in my opinion... I would consider shutting JJ down now.... He has thrown more than double his career innings... Two Starts are not worth the risk...
September 23, 200917 yr Only 3 comments in a double header post game thread? Really? I never saw game one so cannot comment. In game two, Anibal was simply fantastic. He showed that he definately still has the "stuff" and the ability to pitch successfully at this level, it is just a matter of consistency with him. Another nice hitting performance from Paulino with a 3 hit night. After the last few times we have faced Moyer, I think we have finally figured some stuff out about facing him and the "fear factor" and negative mindset has diminished greatly.
September 23, 200917 yr This game makes me pretty convinced that the Marlins must keep JJ/Nolasco and Volstad/Anibal/Miller/West/Vandenhurk, and then pray that 3 guys capable of being regular ML SP come out of the 2nd group. At the moment, it looks like it'd be Anibal and West, plus probably Volstad, with Miller starting the year in AAA to iron things out and RVH in the pen and available as the 6th starter. The organization has to be Miller either way, so they might as well let him stay in AAA and work on stuff rather than hurting the big club [until he's ready]. Beautiful outing by Ani
September 23, 200917 yr I wish they could keep Andrew Miller in Triple A to straighten things out, but he's making 2 million next season. I doubt they keep him in Triple A.
September 24, 200917 yr I wish they could keep Andrew Miller in Triple A to straighten things out, but he's making 2 million next season. I doubt they keep him in Triple A. He's going to make the 2 million EITHER WAY. You take the players you have and do what's best for the team. If that includes putting him in AAA, then so be it. It's not like they are signing him for $2 MM as a free agent and stowing him in AAA. They have to give it to him anyway.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.