Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jazz music.

Featured Replies

Love it but never listen to it, I listen to music with jazz influences sometimes, I guess, but that's about it.

 

Jazz strikes me as more of an environmental music, so if I'm physically not in what I feel is the right place, I don't enjoy it as much.

  • 3 weeks later...

For those who like it-- are you referring to the old jazz (Armstrong, Duke Ellington, etc) or the newer stuff? (Kenny G, etc)

I like it and I can like some of the newer stuff that sounds like the older stuff ;)

 

I enjoy guys like coltrane, cannonball adderly, thelonious monk, etc

 

we used to go to a good jazz club back when I was living in philly quite a bit - tuesday was open stage night where you signed in to play with the house band .... i don't play an instrument so my appreciation doesn't go much beyond sounds that I enjoy, but it was cool watching the good, the bad and the ugly get up there

 

one night there was a kid who at most was 17 - they would do 3 sets normally - the 1st was the house with a single musician, the 2nd was guys they wanted to hear more of and the 3rd was just kind of a mix and match jam session

 

this kid got on the drum kit and they wouldn't let him leave it the rest of the night - he was really good and it was really cool seeing all these old timers hooting and hollering taking this kid in

I like the smooth jazz music myself. My favorite channel on the XM is Watercolors 71.

 

I'll dabble in the fusion stuff every now and then also. Love listening to Weather Report.

I took Evolution of Jazz last year and the class was awesome. Really fun to learn about all the history of the genre. My favorite types were the blues-style jazz, swing-style jazz, and the piano-style jazz. Not a big fan of just cool jazz though, I like those other types because they have a little bit more of a kick to them.

  • 2 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.