Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jets cut Guard Alen Faneca

Featured Replies

I thought the Jets wanted to make a run this year...

 

 

They do. I read three separate articles today about how poor he was last year. I personally didn't notice it, but I think he just gets a lot of credit because of his name and what he used to do.

The only thing I wonder is why the didn't wait until training camp to cut him, or maybe volunteer to pay the $5+ MM guaranteed in order to make a trade work.

 

Maybe they've already seen all they need to, though. Maybe they were doing him a favor and letting him look for a suitable situation sooner rather than later. Maybe even with that offer nobody was interested.

 

 

 

Thanks for your services, Alan Faneca. Good luck to you. And good luck to your replacement (Slauson/Ducasse).

The only thing I wonder is why the didn't wait until training camp to cut him, or maybe volunteer to pay the $5+ MM guaranteed in order to make a trade work.

 

Maybe they've already seen all they need to, though. Maybe they were doing him a favor and letting him look for a suitable situation sooner rather than later. Maybe even with that offer nobody was interested.

 

 

 

Thanks for your services, Alan Faneca. Good luck to you. And good luck to your replacement (Slauson/Ducasse).

 

 

I believe he refused to take a pay cut.

The only thing I wonder is why the didn't wait until training camp to cut him, or maybe volunteer to pay the $5+ MM guaranteed in order to make a trade work.

 

Maybe they've already seen all they need to, though. Maybe they were doing him a favor and letting him look for a suitable situation sooner rather than later. Maybe even with that offer nobody was interested.

 

 

 

Thanks for your services, Alan Faneca. Good luck to you. And good luck to your replacement (Slauson/Ducasse).

 

 

I believe he refused to take a pay cut.

 

I mean, over $5 million of his $7.5 was guaranteed, so I don't blame him.

  • 4 weeks later...

The only thing I wonder is why the didn't wait until training camp to cut him, or maybe volunteer to pay the $5+ MM guaranteed in order to make a trade work.

 

Maybe they've already seen all they need to, though. Maybe they were doing him a favor and letting him look for a suitable situation sooner rather than later. Maybe even with that offer nobody was interested.

 

 

 

Thanks for your services, Alan Faneca. Good luck to you. And good luck to your replacement (Slauson/Ducasse).

 

 

I believe he refused to take a pay cut.

 

Faneca not taking a pay cut is hardly surprising, though.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.