July 10, 201016 yr Yes the 16 was a typo. I hate typos. The 12.27 ERA is not a typo. But also that ERA represents his recent minor league work with the St. Louis minor league team - games pitched, July 2, 5, 7, 9. I ignored his rehab earlier in the year in the FSL
July 13, 201016 yr Wow. I knew Pinto was terrible, but 12.27 ERA?? Wow. This is what happens when you are a "lefty specialist" when your only pitch is a changeup. Anyways, I like the Meyer move. I still remember last year when he was a great reliever. Hopefully he'll get back to form
July 13, 201016 yr 1 appearance later and Pinto's ERA already cut itself down, 8.44 now. Gave up 5ER in his first 2 appearances but none in his last 3.
July 13, 201016 yr What was missed was over the his last two appearances, besides the walks he gave up, THREE inherited runners scored. Nashville Top 4th - July 9th * Ray Olmedo singles on a line drive to left fielder Aaron Luna. * Anderson De La Rosa flies out to right fielder Mark Shorey. * Tim Dillard singles on a line drive to right fielder Mark Shorey. Ray Olmedo to 3rd. * Pitcher Change: Renyel Pinto replaces Oneli Perez, batting 9th. * Norris Hopper out on a sacrifice fly to left fielder Aaron Luna. Ray Olmedo scores. * Lorenzo Cain walks. Tim Dillard to 2nd. * With Mat Gamel batting, wild pitch by Renyel Pinto, Tim Dillard to 3rd. Lorenzo Cain to 2nd. * Mat Gamel walks. * Brendan Katin lines out to shortstop Mike Folli. ------------------ Nashville Top 7th - July 10th * Brendan Katin pops out to shortstop Donovan Solano. * Luis Cruz doubles (19) on a line drive to left fielder Aaron Luna. * With Johnny Raburn batting, passed ball by Matt Pagnozzi, Luis Cruz to 3rd. * Johnny Raburn walks. * Pitcher Change: Renyel Pinto replaces David Kopp, batting 5th. * Defensive Substitution: Mike Folli replaces pitcher David Kopp, batting 9th, playing shortstop. * Ben Johnson singles on a line drive to left fielder Aaron Luna. Luis Cruz scores. Johnny Raburn to 3rd. * Sam Narron walks. Ben Johnson to 2nd. * Adam Stern called out on strikes. * Lorenzo Cain walks. Johnny Raburn scores. Ben Johnson to 3rd. Sam Narron to 2nd. * Coaching visit to mound. * Erick Almonte strikes out swinging. I guess those runs don't matter 'cause they're on someone else's line huh. More walks and a wild pitch. Same old, same old Renyel Pinto. The more things change, the more things stay the same.
July 14, 201016 yr What was missed was over the his last two appearances, besides the walks he gave up, THREE inherited runners scored. Nashville Top 4th - July 9th * Ray Olmedo singles on a line drive to left fielder Aaron Luna. * Anderson De La Rosa flies out to right fielder Mark Shorey. * Tim Dillard singles on a line drive to right fielder Mark Shorey. Ray Olmedo to 3rd. * Pitcher Change: Renyel Pinto replaces Oneli Perez, batting 9th. * Norris Hopper out on a sacrifice fly to left fielder Aaron Luna. Ray Olmedo scores. * Lorenzo Cain walks. Tim Dillard to 2nd. * With Mat Gamel batting, wild pitch by Renyel Pinto, Tim Dillard to 3rd. Lorenzo Cain to 2nd. * Mat Gamel walks. * Brendan Katin lines out to shortstop Mike Folli. ------------------ Nashville Top 7th - July 10th * Brendan Katin pops out to shortstop Donovan Solano. * Luis Cruz doubles (19) on a line drive to left fielder Aaron Luna. * With Johnny Raburn batting, passed ball by Matt Pagnozzi, Luis Cruz to 3rd. * Johnny Raburn walks. * Pitcher Change: Renyel Pinto replaces David Kopp, batting 5th. * Defensive Substitution: Mike Folli replaces pitcher David Kopp, batting 9th, playing shortstop. * Ben Johnson singles on a line drive to left fielder Aaron Luna. Luis Cruz scores. Johnny Raburn to 3rd. * Sam Narron walks. Ben Johnson to 2nd. * Adam Stern called out on strikes. * Lorenzo Cain walks. Johnny Raburn scores. Ben Johnson to 3rd. Sam Narron to 2nd. * Coaching visit to mound. * Erick Almonte strikes out swinging. I guess those runs don't matter 'cause they're on someone else's line huh. More walks and a wild pitch. Same old, same old Renyel Pinto. The more things change, the more things stay the same. This sounds like the old Pinto we've "learned to love".
July 14, 201016 yr What was missed was over the his last two appearances, besides the walks he gave up, THREE inherited runners scored. Nashville Top 4th - July 9th * Ray Olmedo singles on a line drive to left fielder Aaron Luna. * Anderson De La Rosa flies out to right fielder Mark Shorey. * Tim Dillard singles on a line drive to right fielder Mark Shorey. Ray Olmedo to 3rd. * Pitcher Change: Renyel Pinto replaces Oneli Perez, batting 9th. * Norris Hopper out on a sacrifice fly to left fielder Aaron Luna. Ray Olmedo scores. * Lorenzo Cain walks. Tim Dillard to 2nd. * With Mat Gamel batting, wild pitch by Renyel Pinto, Tim Dillard to 3rd. Lorenzo Cain to 2nd. * Mat Gamel walks. * Brendan Katin lines out to shortstop Mike Folli. ------------------ Nashville Top 7th - July 10th * Brendan Katin pops out to shortstop Donovan Solano. * Luis Cruz doubles (19) on a line drive to left fielder Aaron Luna. * With Johnny Raburn batting, passed ball by Matt Pagnozzi, Luis Cruz to 3rd. * Johnny Raburn walks. * Pitcher Change: Renyel Pinto replaces David Kopp, batting 5th. * Defensive Substitution: Mike Folli replaces pitcher David Kopp, batting 9th, playing shortstop. * Ben Johnson singles on a line drive to left fielder Aaron Luna. Luis Cruz scores. Johnny Raburn to 3rd. * Sam Narron walks. Ben Johnson to 2nd. * Adam Stern called out on strikes. * Lorenzo Cain walks. Johnny Raburn scores. Ben Johnson to 3rd. Sam Narron to 2nd. * Coaching visit to mound. * Erick Almonte strikes out swinging. I guess those runs don't matter 'cause they're on someone else's line huh. More walks and a wild pitch. Same old, same old Renyel Pinto. The more things change, the more things stay the same. Regardless on whether he's been good or bad (he's been bad), that's not actually the same old Renyel Pinto. But maybe the FO saw that he was regressing and cut ties at the right time.
July 16, 201016 yr Oh BTW, Pinto gave up another inherited run tonight....against NOLA...we won. 2/3 of an inning pitched and 2 walks but of course the run goes on someone else's line. New Orleans Bottom 8th * Pitcher Change: Rich Rundles replaces Mike MacDougal, batting 9th. * Scott Cousins singles on a pop up to third baseman Kevin Howard. * Danny Richar hits a sacrifice bunt. Throwing error by pitcher Rich Rundles. Scott Cousins scores. Danny Richar to 2nd. * Logan Morrison flies out to center fielder James Rapoport. Danny Richar to 3rd. * Coaching visit to mound. * Pitcher Change: Renyel Pinto replaces Rich Rundles, batting 9th. * Hector Luna out on a sacrifice fly to center fielder James Rapoport. Danny Richar scores. * Gookie Dawkins walks. * Bryan Petersen hit by pitch. Gookie Dawkins to 2nd. * Brett Carroll walks. Gookie Dawkins to 3rd. Bryan Petersen to 2nd. * Coaching visit to mound. * Brad Davis grounds out, second baseman Ruben Gotay to first baseman Mark Hamilton.
July 23, 201016 yr Hey, what happened to your daily updates on Pinto? Should I assume he just hasn't pitched or should I assume he's doing well so it doesn't interest you for people to know that?
July 23, 201016 yr Hey, what happened to your daily updates on Pinto? Should I assume he just hasn't pitched or should I assume he's doing well so it doesn't interest you for people to know that? Maybe that's how you roll, not me. I think the only reason he (his stats) caught my eye initially was because NOLA was in a series against his current team, or someone brought him up here (MB.com) up so I checked, as much out of curiosity as anything else. Once I did, I figured, just pass it along. I assume by your post his lot has improved of late or was that just an excuse to take another of your veiled shots in my direction?
July 23, 201016 yr Hey, what happened to your daily updates on Pinto? Should I assume he just hasn't pitched or should I assume he's doing well so it doesn't interest you for people to know that? Maybe that's how you roll, not me. I think the only reason he (his stats) caught my eye initially was because NOLA was in a series against his current team, or someone brought him up here (MB.com) up so I checked, as much out of curiosity as anything else. Once I did, I figured, just pass it along. I assume by your post his lot has improved of late or was that just an excuse to take another of your veiled shots in my direction? When have I ever made a veiled shot in your direction? I was just wondering why suddenly you didn't care.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.