Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Historic Moment in Baseball Relived

Featured Replies

  • Author

That's really cool! I wonder how many times they had to try to get it perfect like that lol.

 

 

I'm sure it was tool assisted using an emulator

thats awesome. RBI baseball was my favorite as a youngin

 

Baseball Stars for me.

This was always a source of arguments between me and my friends.. lol

Wow the good ol' NES days. Love nostalgia. I used to play NES Baseball though. Never had RBI Baseball. Looked similar though heh.

thats awesome. RBI baseball was my favorite as a youngin

 

Baseball Stars for me.

This was always a source of arguments between me and my friends.. lol

I also have Bases Loaded II. I like Baseball Stars much better though. Bases Loaded II was harder.

  • Author

Back in the NES dayss, im pretty sure they were all the same game, just named differently lol

Back in the NES dayss, im pretty sure they were all the same game, just named differently lol

 

 

The sure look the same. I've never heard of RBI Baseball.

Back in the NES dayss, im pretty sure they were all the same game, just named differently lol

 

 

The sure look the same. I've never heard of RBI Baseball.

Blasphemy!

 

They also made RBI Baseball 2 and 3

Back in the NES dayss, im pretty sure they were all the same game, just named differently lol

 

 

The sure look the same. I've never heard of RBI Baseball.

Blasphemy!

 

They also made RBI Baseball 2 and 3

 

I had sooo many NES games back in the day, but I too never had RBI Baseball. Just NES Baseball, which I believe is a different game. But yeah, they all looked pretty much the same anyway.

RBI 2 and 3 wasn't quite the same.. you could be every team and also choose from different years of teams.. which at the time was awesome. you could also dive and jump.. which was MIND BLOWING!

RBI 2 and 3 wasn't quite the same.. you could be every team and also choose from different years of teams.. which at the time was awesome. you could also dive and jump.. which was MIND BLOWING!

 

 

I just did a quick image search of RBI Baseball 2 and 3, it's pretty cool to see how the graphics improved from each version. Anyone remember Ice Hockey for the NES also? That was fun

I was a Blades of Steel man myself

 

 

Never played that game actually but it had better graphics than the Ice Hockey game. Video games have come a long way from then

I love blades of steel.. the fights as a kid were the best. also, they had mini games between periods.

 

play it now.. its impossible. thats the thing about nintendo. its so hard to believe you were once amazing at these games. i tried playing bad dudes a while back (one of my favorites) and it was pretty much impossible.

 

 

speakkng of bad dudes.. best opening line to a game ever: "The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to save him?"

I love blades of steel.. the fights as a kid were the best. also, they had mini games between periods.

 

play it now.. its impossible. thats the thing about nintendo. its so hard to believe you were once amazing at these games. i tried playing bad dudes a while back (one of my favorites) and it was pretty much impossible.

 

 

speakkng of bad dudes.. best opening line to a game ever: "The president has been kidnapped by ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to save him?"

 

 

 

true, some things I've noticed about the old games were that although their graphics were pretty bad compared to nowadays, they did have more depth to storylines (well some games did) and they were much more tougher to play/beat. I don't think I ever actually beat most of my video games I had when I was a kid. I mean seriously, anyone ever beat Super Mario Bros without cheating or taking shortcuts (using the warp pipes)? The Game Genie was always fun to use heh. My fav games as a kid were the Mario games and the Zelda games. I never actually played Bad Dudes, but sounds interesting. Although not an NES game (I don't think), I think one of the most memorable lines from any of the classic games was the poorly translated: "All Your Base Are Belong to Us" from Zero Wing

I beat all the Super Mario games without cheating. I could play right now and still beat them with no problem. I wish I could beat Ninja Gaiden without cheating. I can get all the way to the end parts without cheating. But for the 2 or 3 final bosses, I had to enable infinite lives and infinite firestars or whatever they're called. And even then it was still really hard. Is it actually possible to beat those final bosses without cheating? I'm playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out right now(This thread inspired me to dust off the emulator :D) . I never beat one either. I'm only cheating by using the emulatior's save state function. I keep reloading till I win the match.

 

Will NES stuff ever be worth serious money antique wise? I have a working one and a some cartridges, as well as Game Genie and its book. I also have about 25 Atari cartridges(and most of the manuals). I still have the 7800 too but its in pieces. I was a destructive kid and NES's were more durable.

I beat all the Super Mario games without cheating. I could play right now and still beat them with no problem. I wish I could beat Ninja Gaiden without cheating. I can get all the way to the end parts without cheating. But for the 2 or 3 final bosses, I had to enable infinite lives and infinite firestars or whatever they're called. And even then it was still really hard. Is it actually possible to beat those final bosses without cheating? I'm playing Mike Tyson's Punch Out right now(This thread inspired me to dust off the emulator :D) . I never beat one either. I'm only cheating by using the emulatior's save state function. I keep reloading till I win the match.

 

Will NES stuff ever be worth serious money antique wise? I have a working one and a some cartridges, as well as Game Genie and its book. I also have about 25 Atari cartridges(and most of the manuals). I still have the 7800 too but its in pieces. I was a destructive kid and NES's were more durable.

 

 

Someday in the future the NES and Atari may be more rare and valuable to some extent. But because of emulators, like you're using, and the Wii which lets you download classic NES, SNES, ect games, I don't think it makes it very valuable right now. But who knows. I also have an NES and my games. I remember Ninja Gaiden, that was fun. When I was a kid, it wasn't about beating the games for me. I just played them until I got bored lol. How on earth did you beat Mario Bros without using the warp pipes? I'm talking about on the old NES where you only had 3 lives and you couldn't save your progress. That's extremely difficult to do. I got to tell you, I downloaded the original Super Mario Bros on my Wii and I couldn't get very far. All the games I played were pretty tough and I know I was better than that when I was a kid heh. Takes time to get used to the games again I guess.

 

Mike Tyson's Punch Out was fun! The best I could do was get up to the Tiger guy and that was it. His special "mirror" moves or whatever was waaaaay to hard for me when I was younger. But yeah, those games got super hard and the bosses were tough. I remember once throwing my controller, pissed off because it was too hard heh.

 

The Game Genie was the coolest thing I ever saw though. It was like the first glimpse of "hacking". It was amazing how you could just enter some codes and alter the game. The Game Shark took the concept to further extents later on. I was really big on video games when I was a kid to my teens, but don't play them much anymore :confused But I took up programming for a while because I wanted to make video games. The biggest games for me though were the N64 games, Super Mario 64 because it revolutionized 3D platformer gaming imo, Zelda 64, and the Mortal Kombat series. Fun times

I just used the Koopa onthe flagpole steps trick in world 3-1 to get a whole bunch of extra lives. You could also do that in a couple other places(6-3 and 7-2 I believe). If you got too many extra lives the game ended the next time you died. Also, maybe you didn't play as much as I did(too much :lol). It was mostly basic repetitive learning I guess. It might've taken me 50 times to get past something, but I did eventually. My sister who's 4 years younger than me beat all 3 Super Mario games before I did. I still don't understand how that happened.:blush

 

 

I beat the games dozens of times over the years both going all the way through and using the warp zones. I think going all the way through was more fun. If you think they were hard, try playing the original version of SMB2. It looks like SMB1, but its alot harder.

I just used the Koopa onthe flagpole steps trick in world 3-1 to get a whole bunch of extra lives. You could also do that in a couple other places(6-3 and 7-2 I believe). If you got too many extra lives the game ended the next time you died. Also, maybe you didn't play as much as I did(too much :lol). It was mostly basic repetitive learning I guess. It might've taken me 50 times to get past something, but I did eventually. My sister who's 4 years younger than me beat all 3 Super Mario games before I did. I still don't understand how that happened.:blush

 

 

I beat the games dozens of times over the years both going all the way through and using the warp zones. I think going all the way through was more fun. If you think they were hard, try playing the original version of SMB2. It looks like SMB1, but its alot harder.

 

 

Heh..wow your sister was good. I'm not sure I remember that trick to get the extra lives. Don't remember, it was so long ago. I had all the Mario games though and I do remember SMB2, that was a cool game and very interesting game because it was very different in style from most of the other Mario games in a way. I only beat the original Super Mario Bros by using the warp zones I guess. But now that we're talking about it, I'm going to take out the Wii and play it for old time sakes hehe. I downloaded SMB1, SMB3, but didn't get 2 :confused I ran out of money heh. Also have Super Mario World for the SNES downloaded, but it's hard to play with the Gamecube controller that I have. You really need the classic controller they sell but I never bought it.

 

Castlevania was another cool series. Did you ever buy the Power Pad? I remember the games for it, a track and field game with hurdles and some other games that required you to run and step on certain circles on the pad. This was years and years before games like Dance Dance Revolution and such. Nintendo was usually ahead of the curve until the CD-systems came out.

 

By the way, not sure if you'll like this..I watched this a long time back now but all this talk reminded me of it. I found it pretty humorous:

It's part 1 of 3.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.