Marcell Ozuna

YoungMarlin19

What's the future look like for this kid? I know he has a lot of pop and is a decent outfield option. With Yelich coming up and Stanton in RF, is he a potential trade bait canidate for the future or are we just expecting him to be a career minor leaguer with a call-up labeled a bonus?

Thanks

Good questions, I've watched him play since he was in the Gulf Coast League, he seems to have the tools to be successful. I would project him to be at least two years maybe even three until he's MLB ready. In that time a lot can happen to the Marlins and their needs on the Major League level, one could guess by then LoMo will be the regular first baseman and that barring any major expenditures left field might be the best place for him, with Yelich in CF.

with Yelich in CF.

Where might Boni be? Second base, bench, another team? I'd like to hold on to him, especially if he can do what he's done the last season and a half.

I say second base, because Infante's contract ends after 2013, and Yelich seems to be a 2014 guy. Tis an idea.

with Yelich in CF.

Where might Boni be? Second base, bench, another team? I'd like to hold on to him, especially if he can do what he's done the last season and a half.

I say second base, because Infante's contract ends after 2013, and Yelich seems to be a 2014 guy. Tis an idea.

Again two to three years from now, Boni might regress by then, like you say Infante may be gone, there are a lot of variables. They might need a pitcher during a pennant run before then. Look at the BA projections from a few years the line-up looks nothing like their projections.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.