Had we signed Yoenis Cespedes...

Jclark1324

.275 isn't bad for a first year player even considering the hype he had with him, his power numbers aren't particuarly impressive though if you look at his HR total of 6 so far, I mean I guess it's not bad, also consider he has the highest batting average among the Athletics players who qualify, but who knows. His contract which is currently 9m a year doesn't look bad compared to Bell (9m a year). It's hard to say though it's always a risk.

Pujols was too old for that kind of contract... The Marlins only wanting him for fan support, I believe everyone knows he isn't gonna live up to that contract or even finish it out with the Angels.

But I mean for his first 2 months of big league baseball I believe Cespedes has somewhat live up to the hype. Im just saying, looking at our current roster... Pretty weak. We missed on Cespedes and now Soler. Management must be high on Yellich for next season.

I still say we ship out Gaby, Dominguez, and two arms like Leblanc and West for The Hammer that is Josh Willingham.

Pujols was too old for that kind of contract... The Marlins only wanting him for fan support, I believe everyone knows he isn't gonna live up to that contract or even finish it out with the Angels.

But I mean for his first 2 months of big league baseball I believe Cespedes has somewhat live up to the hype. Im just saying, looking at our current roster... Pretty weak. We missed on Cespedes and now Soler. Management must be high on Yellich for next season.

I still say we ship out Gaby, Dominguez, and two arms like Leblanc and West for The Hammer that is Josh Willingham.

We can get more than the players named for Josh Willingham, we wouldn't need to give up that much either.

We can get more than the players named for Josh Willingham, we wouldn't need to give up that much either.

Really? I was thinking that group of players won't get it done.

-Gaby = 1B with limited value

-Dominguez is basically the only intriguing player in the deal and he's far from a sure thing with his current struggles.

LeBlanc and West have no trade value.

Quantity does not = quality.

Really? I was thinking that group of players won't get it done.

-Gaby = 1B with limited value

-Dominguez is basically the only intriguing player in the deal and he's far from a sure thing with his current struggles.

LeBlanc and West have no trade value.

Quantity does not = quality.

Yea, I'm not quite sure what my thinking was the first time I posted. Although the only thing is, I would not give up an everyday position player and a prospect for an everyday position player who is 33. There is no need to give up more than Gaby Sanchez and Dominguez but I guess it would make more sense as the Twins would likely over value Willingham because of how he is performing. West and LeBlanc is not really a loss though I guess considering how LeBlanc's spring was a mirage.

Wait until his holes start getting exposed. He's only played a month of baseball in the majors (he missed almost all of May); there are like no scouting reports on the guy. His numbers are going to fall once teams figure out his weaknesses. That's not to say he won't eventually learn to adjust or something, but it's definitely something that's going to happen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.