April 21, 201610 yr Ok I dont know everything about baseball, but how come the 2016 Marlins cant win at home. Only 1 game thats it.......I know the roster didnt change much from 2015 so the 2016 Marlins I dont think are difference from last year so my expectations are very low for this team. What do you guys think. Last year we had a starting record of 3-10 if im nost mistaken and this year we are 4-9 not much of a difference.
April 21, 201610 yr The home record issue is obviously complete randomness. There is nothing to it. The problem is poor decisions made in multiple areas of the franchise since the team's "restart" in 2013. The idea of a redo from the 2012 binge spending was a fine idea in retrospect. The problem is the team has had a terrible track record of drafting the last few years, they've traded away the decent prospects they've had for mostly players who have no impact on the team these days, and they've refused to take legitimate chances in free agency, instead settling for most less expensive options like Salty and Morse that just haven't worked out. I know the cuuuulture offf losssssing (wow can't believe you're making me do this) is a joke, but the point in that statement is that the people who have made poor decisions in the past continue to make the most important decisions for the team today. The decisions of how much to spend on the payroll are still made by the same guy, the draft team is just about the same, the front office is filled with mostly the same people from the past 13 years of missed playoff teams, and the team has kept relatively the same players from the 2013 rebuild that have not produced results indicative of major cultural changes. There's a structural problem with the Marlins, and it isn't something that is going to be fixed with a few moves in free agency or a few trades here and there. It runs much deeper and it has been going on right in front of our faces for years now.
April 21, 201610 yr Except team sluggin %, avg and obp are ranked top 5, but run-scored and rbi stats are below average in NL. I believe 4-9 cannot reflect our real status. Yeah, something bad luck were just happened.
April 21, 201610 yr One thing is confirmed. If we failed PO or .500 again, Michael Hill should be fired definitely.
April 21, 201610 yr One thing is confirmed. If we failed PO or .500 again, Michael Hill should be fired definitely. Really don't know why Loria give him so many chances ?
April 21, 201610 yr Do we not generally play reasonably well in San Francisco? Hopefully the weekend series can kick us on to a better run.
April 21, 201610 yr Do we not generally play reasonably well in San Francisco? Hopefully the weekend series can kick us on to a better run. we are always decent in san fran. its the Milwaukee series that gives me fits.
April 21, 201610 yr we are always decent in san fran. its the Milwaukee series that gives me fits. It's the PNC Park series that gives me even worse fits.
April 21, 201610 yr It's the PNC Park series that gives me even worse fits. Lol, forgot about that one. But I've always felt that one was just coincidence. What about that specific ballpark or that specific team has been so dastardly for us? Nothing really.
April 22, 201610 yr Cosart seems to be the only concern in our rotation,but I have confidence to him and he's still young.
April 24, 201610 yr Team : Miami " try to not been swept in every series " Marlins Owner : Jeffrey " I just don't care baseball " Loria Manager : Don " why stupided to leave Dodgers for this shit " Mattingly Pitching coach : Juan " what to do with Cosart " Nieves Hitting coach : Barry " it's the shittest job of the world " Bonds Rotation1 : Jose " with a suck 2016 season I would signing extension here " Fernandez Rotation2 : Wei-Yin " I go where the money is " Chen Rotation3 : Jarred " if I can go back to what was working " Cosart C : J.T. " sophomore slump was really hurt " Realmuto 1B : Justin " I am just a rule 5 pick " Bour 2B : Dee " where is year 2015 " Gordon SS : Adeiny " where is year 2015 " Hechavarria LF : Christian " who send me home after I hit double " Yelich CF : Marcell " I doesn't like in the jail so don't send me down again " Ozuna RF : Giancarlo " always stricked out in the critical at bat " Stanton
April 24, 201610 yr Team : Miami " try to not been swept in every series " Marlins Owner : Jeffrey " I just don't care baseball " Loria Manager : Don " why stupided to leave Dodgers for this shit " Mattingly Pitching coach : Juan " what to do with Cosart " Nieves Hitting coach : Barry " it's the shittest job of the world " Bonds Rotation1 : Jose " with a suck 2016 season I would signing extension here " Fernandez Rotation2 : Wei-Yin " I go where the money is " Chen Rotation3 : Jarred " if I can go back to what was working " Cosart C : J.T. " sophomore slump was really hurt " Realmuto 1B : Justin " I am just a rule 5 pick " Bour 2B : Dee " where is year 2015 " Gordon SS : Adeiny " where is year 2015 " Hechavarria LF : Christian " who send me home after I hit double " Yelich CF : Marcell " I doesn't like in the jail so don't send me down again " Ozuna RF : Giancarlo " always stricked out in the critical at bat " Stanton LOL AWESOME AND REALLY SPOT ON. I loved what you wrote about Bour.
April 24, 201610 yr Is it too early to blame Bonds for Stanton's form? Ask this again in June because Stantons calendar doesn't start until May.
April 24, 201610 yr Ask this again in June because Stantons calendar doesn't start until May. Just can't wait for the May to come,but maybe it's too late.
April 24, 201610 yr Team : Miami " try to not been swept in every series " Marlins Owner : Jeffrey " I just don't care baseball " Loria Manager : Don " why stupided to leave Dodgers for this shit " Mattingly Pitching coach : Juan " what to do with Cosart " Nieves Hitting coach : Barry " it's the shittest job of the world " Bonds Rotation1 : Jose " with a suck 2016 season I would signing extension here " Fernandez Rotation2 : Wei-Yin " I go where the money is " Chen Rotation3 : Jarred " if I can go back to what was working " Cosart C : J.T. " sophomore slump was really hurt " Realmuto 1B : Justin " I am just a rule 5 pick " Bour 2B : Dee " where is year 2015 " Gordon SS : Adeiny " where is year 2015 " Hechavarria LF : Christian " who send me home after I hit double " Yelich CF : Marcell " I doesn't like in the jail so don't send me down again " Ozuna RF : Giancarlo " always stricked out in the critical at bat " Stanton President : David " regrets moving general manager into the dugout " Samson General Manager : Michael " hopes fans are educated enough " Hill
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.