Neil Walker accepts qualifying offer

Admin

Would you tell your boss "Nah I don't want that raise"?

I wouldn't ever work someplace where it is about the money. Every place I have worked, my happiness was solely influenced by relationships with co-workers/boss and the interest/basis of the work itself. Maybe if I had a family I would care more about the money but a $38k/yr job beats a $50k/yr job every time if the work is somewhat interesting and meaningful and I have good relations with everyone else.

I am also comparing baseball players to basketball players. NBA players are always sacrificing millions of dollars to be in a better situation or be on a team with a chance to win. It could be the agents too, idk...

I wouldn't ever work someplace where it is about the money. Every place I have worked, my happiness was solely influenced by relationships with co-workers/boss and the interest/basis of the work itself. Maybe if I had a family I would care more about the money but a $38k/yr job beats a $50k/yr job every time if the work is somewhat interesting and meaningful and I have good relations with everyone else.

I am also comparing baseball players to basketball players. NBA players are always sacrificing millions of dollars to be in a better situation or be on a team with a chance to win. It could be the agents too, idk...

As someone with a 38ishk/yr job I'd kill for a 50k/yr job. It's not all about the money but the money sure helps. I do have a family though so that makes a difference. They say money doesn't buy happiness. But being able to pay the bills and have a little extra to do some fun things with my family sure would make me happy. And to do those things I need money.