Jose's Death, One Year Later

JTRiddlesMom

Ralph Fernandez said Jose adored Miami so much that he had confided he wanted to sign a long-term deal with the Marlins when he became eligible for free agency after the 2018 season.

“It was top secret,” Ralph Fernandez said. “He knew the fact that it would shave off a significant sum [of earnings] by staying. But he wasn’t leaving Miami. The decision had already been made. I know for a fact he wouldn’t have signed elsewhere, I don’t care what anybody says. I think Scott was well on board on it. We just couldn’t leak it out

To those who were so sure he was leaving.

The same jokers as always will bring up the circumstances around his death today and act like he deserved to die because they are perfect and never made a mistake. How about we drop the fucking sanctimonious crap for one day at least and pay tribute to the man. I feel so bad for his mother every time I read about her visiting the site.

The scout said the Jose Fernandez story was one that ended badly — and far too soon. But he doesn’t think any less of him, despite the circumstances of his last night alive.

“Not at all,” the scout said. “We’re all human. You can go to Cooperstown and you’ll see a lot of people in there who had addictions and demons. Did it ultimately cost him his life and the lives of his two friends? Yeah. Could it have been avoided? Sure it could have. But it’s not always how the story ends. It’s not Disneyland.”

The same jokers as always will bring up the circumstances around his death today and act like he deserved to die because they are perfect and never made a mistake. How about we drop the fucking sanctimonious crap for one day at least and pay tribute to the man. I feel so bad for his mother every time I read about her visiting the site.

Luckily now we're down by one less joker here. 

Well that's part of the evils of America for you. Always have to 1-up the next person. So if someone can play baseball better than you, makes more money than you, had to defy more odds than you, etc. than people have to still 1-up him somehow and this manner of death made it convenient to do so ("he's so stupid" etc..). RIP Jose Fernandez.