Full List of Spring Training Non Roster Invites

SilverBullet

Rafael Ortega will get 200 ABs this year 

Agree, I'll take the over, and raise you an opening day starter (unless they are playing a lefty, then its SVS). His agent did a good job getting him to the Marlins.

Brinson, Sierra, and B. Lee (and Anderson, i.e. Prado isn't moving to LF) need to open up in the minors and I don't think the Marlins will blow their service time in a throw away season. That eliminates a lot of OF competition for April and May.

I see Dietrich-Ortega-Veteran FA(Jay? Melky?) the opening day OF, with Van Slyke the 4th OF (with the bench full of infielders so Prado can shift to OF and be the de factor 5th OF). Brinson is up May 8th as soon as his service time rolls over and someone is sent down.

Dietrich, the veteran, and maybe SVS are eventually traded in June/July, and by Aug 1st, the OF is fully turned over to B. Lee/Ortega Platoon - Sierra - Brinson, and who knows who the 5th OF is at that point but who cares.

Ortega is going to play if he shows anything. I think he will. He's been pretty good in AAA the last two seasons.

Agree, I'll take the over, and raise you an opening day starter (unless they are playing a lefty, then its SVS). His agent did a good job getting him to the Marlins.

Brinson, Sierra, and B. Lee (and Anderson, i.e. Prado isn't moving to LF) need to open up in the minors and I don't think the Marlins will blow their service time in a throw away season. That eliminates a lot of OF competition for April and May.

I see Dietrich-Ortega-Veteran FA(Jay? Melky?) the opening day OF, with Van Slyke the 4th OF (with the bench full of infielders so Prado can shift to OF and be the de factor 5th OF). Brinson is up May 8th as soon as his service time rolls over and someone is sent down.

Dietrich, the veteran, and maybe SVS are eventually traded in June/July, and by Aug 1st, the OF is fully turned over to B. Lee/Ortega Platoon - Sierra - Brinson, and who knows who the 5th OF is at that point but who cares.

Ortega is going to play if he shows anything. I think he will. He's been pretty good in AAA the last two seasons.

What's your take on Adames?  He played a lot of games for the Rockies two seasons ago.  If the Marlins can move Prado and Castro he'd be someone that could play a utility role to give AB's at the bottom of the order.

What's your take on Adames?  He played a lot of games for the Rockies two seasons ago.  If the Marlins can move Prado and Castro he'd be someone that could play a utility role to give AB's at the bottom of the order.

That's exactly what I think of him actually. A potential 25th man/bench guy. A good nothing signing just like Ortega (but I like him more).