Dolphins Eliminated from Playoff Contention

FutureGM

here is the fallout from missing playoffs:

first of all, the phins prob dont win vs. jets

management: we'll probably see the creation of a gm job, and if spielmen has another bad draft, he's gone too

coaches: absolute overhaul. head coach (wanny), offensive coordintor (turner) and ST coach all gone. and the defensive coordinator shouldn't feel safe with his job

players: a few changes. were going to see the phins pick up a tim couch, mark brunell, or another qb who can replace fiedler at a moderate price. one major overhaul is the o-line, and another position that will see new players is receiver.

all in all, this is NOT a rebuilding phase. we have always had talent on defense and all this team needs is some attitude and a qb on offense. theres always next year

one thing: do you think wanny will resign tomorrow?

to see if he is a viable 2nd string qb for next year.

Some have have him in the running for the starting job, and I don't disagree. Yeah I've also heard that but I havent seen him play much against some good competition to arrive to that conclusion. So I say give him a shot next week against an actual NFL team and see what he has in him.

Maybe he can be our starting QB next year or our 2nd string.

here is the fallout from missing playoffs:

first of all, the phins prob dont win vs. jets

i think we'll still manage to win

management: we'll probably see the creation of a gm job, and if spielmen has another bad draft, he's gone too

agreed and agreed

coaches: absolute overhaul. head coach (wanny), offensive coordintor (turner) and ST coach all gone. and the defensive coordinator shouldn't feel safe with his job

agreed on all counts

players: a few changes. were going to see the phins pick up a tim couch, mark brunell, or another qb who can replace fiedler at a moderate price. one major overhaul is the o-line, and another position that will see new players is receiver.

agreed on all counts

all in all, this is NOT a rebuilding phase. we have always had talent on defense and all this team needs is some attitude and a qb on offense. theres always next year

agree with you again... boy, you're on a roll

one thing: do you think wanny will resign tomorrow?

no way... in fact, if we beat the jets next week, he can use this season as part of his defense as to why he should keep his job. under wannstedt, the dolphins' records would then be:

11-5

11-5

9-7

10-6

i think he honestly believes he can keep his job (and realistically, it's pretty difficult to make a sound argument against four seasons of winning).

of course, another option for wanny might be to resign and tap norv turner for the head coaching job, just as jimmy johnson did with wannstedt. i honestly don't think we'll keep norv through next season, so i can't see why wanny would resign for him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=231221002

Dolphins aren't out of it yet, not mathematically.

yes they are. the fins-bills game was before the colts-broncos game.

now, if we win our last game and the broncos lose theirs, we still cannot make the playoffs because denver holds the tie-breaker (better conference record).

all the broncos needed to do was win tonight to take the last wildcard spot.

life in dolphintown sucks and then you die.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=231221002

Dolphins aren't out of it yet, not mathematically.

The only way the Dolphins can make the playoffs is if the NFL moves them to the AFC North before the end of the season.

New England, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Tennessee, and Denver have all clinched.

Baltimore, barring a loss to Pittsburgh (crosses fingers) and a Bengals win, will be the 6th.