Orange Bowl Site

miami15

What Jacksonville did with the old Gator Bowl was the best that could happen. They tore down most of the old structure, built the new structure to be modern, but look like the old stadium in terms of design, colors, etc. The stadium is now AllTel Stadium.

But that was different, the Gators have the Swamp. You would be tearing down the Canes' home, full of history, for (I hope) a temporary baseball solution. Would you tear down Fenway Park so that they could let the Patriots play there too?

What Jacksonville did with the old Gator Bowl was the best that could happen. They tore down most of the old structure, built the new structure to be modern, but look like the old stadium in terms of design, colors, etc. The stadium is now AllTel Stadium.

But that was different, the Gators have the Swamp. You would be tearing down the Canes' home, full of history, for (I hope) a temporary baseball solution. Would you tear down Fenway Park so that they could let the Patriots play there too? Fenway Park isn't the OB. Fenway Park isn't a run down stadium in the slums of town, which has trouble selling out nearly all of its games even though the Canes are National Title contenders.

Good example...

The finish outcome is one of the nicest stadium around the league in my opinion.

Oh please. It's a damn stadium. I could care less where in Miami the Marlins play as along as they play here. I don't give a flying **** about the "history" of a damn stadium.

Marlins >>> Canes

Plus, I live in Homestead so it's not that far! :lol

You guys are making the OB to be a Yankee Stadium, or a Wrigley Field or a Fenway Park . . . it isn't!

It is a dump!

guys, if they did to the OB what JAX did to the gator bowl...you guys would be singing the praises of architecture and engineering. The experience at the rebuilt stadium was more intimate than the old stadium because the seats were lower to the field and closer to the field. the seats had backs, the jumbotron was installed and the decks were made less steep.

Oh please. It's a damn stadium. I could care less where in Miami the Marlins play as along as they play here. I don't give a flying **** about the "history" of a damn stadium.

Marlins >>> Canes

Plus, I live in Homestead so it's not that far! :lol

You guys are making the OB to be a Yankee Stadium, or a Wrigley Field or a Fenway Park . . . it isn't!

It is a dump! You obviously:

A) aren't a Canes fan

B) have never been there for a football game

C) don't live in Miami

The Orange Bowl is Miami. That building wins football games. Tearing it down is a typical stupid Miami politician approach to doing things.

It is a dump!

You are starting to sound like a criminole fan. There is a little thing called tradition and history involvied in the orange bowl. If you think it is such a dump, don't come. Have you ever even been to the ob? The actual viewing of the football games is its best feature. I guess you care more about the quality of the hot dogs than the actual football experience. If so then I can see your gripe. I really don't want to see the orange bowl turn into jrs where the seats are about a mile and a half from the playing surface. Why would hundreds of millions of dollars be spend to renovate a stadium in a site that is bad for baseball for a temporary home for the marlins?

Marlins >>> Canes

Plus, I live in Homestead so it's not that far!? :lol

It is a dump! You obviously:

A) aren't a Canes fan

B) have never been there for a football game

C) don't live in Miami

The Orange Bowl is Miami. That building wins football games. Tearing it down is a typical stupid Miami politician approach to doing things. I've probably been to that stadium in the avg year more than the avg Cane's fan cuz those guys are lousy-a** fans.

They never show up!

Imagine an OB with a jumbotron, a club level, chairbacks and escalators :thumbup

It is a dump!

You are starting to sound like a criminole fan. There is a little thing called tradition and history involvied in the orange bowl. If you think it is such a dump, don't come. Have you ever even been to the ob? The actual viewing of the football games is its best feature. I guess you care more about the quality of the hot dogs than the actual football experience. If so then I can see your gripe. I really don't want to see the orange bowl turn into jrs where the seats are about a mile and a half from the playing surface. Why would hundreds of millions of dollars be spend to renovate a stadium in a site that is bad for baseball for a temporary home for the marlins? we're talking about baseball dumbass

I've probably been to that stadium in the avg year more than the avg Cane's fan cuz those guys are lousy-a** fans.

They never show up!

Imagine an OB with a jumbotron, a club level, chairbacks and escalators :thumbup

Really? How many times?

An OB with a jumbotron, club level, and escalators would suck because it takes away from the experience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.