The Next Electric Young Star - (mlb.com article)

CyggyMarlin

5 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

At some point, Don can't let his talent stay in the bottom part of the order.  Once Jazz is a bit more comfortable with facing major league pitching, I'd like to see him start leading-off

I stand with the analytics on this that says batting order doesn't matter, but I do appreciate to Donnie's points that (a) batting 6th, Jazz gets lots of chances with runners on base, which means his power can really move the scoreboard, and (b) he's still just a rookie. I think a lot of Brinson's struggles trace back to Milwaukee then Miami batting him leadoff basically nonstop to start his career. That's lots of pressure. It's easy to start pressing.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Yes! More recognition here! Jazz has everything they want to be a very marketable superstar! The Marlins and MLB should be pushing this dude like crazy!

Yeah they will. The only concern I have is who is pushing MLB. 

22 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I stand with the analytics on this that says batting order doesn't matter, but I do appreciate to Donnie's points that (a) batting 6th, Jazz gets lots of chances with runners on base, which means his power can really move the scoreboard, and (b) he's still just a rookie. I think a lot of Brinson's struggles trace back to Milwaukee then Miami batting him leadoff basically nonstop to start his career. That's lots of pressure. It's easy to start pressing.

I still think eventually Jazz's speed is needed higher up... giving him less at-bats when he can steal bases or score easily when the heart of the order knocks him in is a waste... Maybe bat him 2nd, move Marte to 3rd in the order (when he's better) for a bit

Edited by CyggyMarlin
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

At some point it needs to happen.  I see your point with Brinson but Jazz is entirely opposite.  He seems thrive in big moments or challenges.  That’s more of a mindset then a skill that Brinson or Díaz lacks, believing he is the best even if he’s not.  I would have him bat 2nd, now that Marte is injured with Rojas leading off.  The problem again is Dickerson. You can’t have two lefties back to back at the top of the order.  Dickerson would be good batting 7th. 

5 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Maybe bat him 2nd, move Marte to 3rd in the order (when he's better) for a bit

I would only bat Marte 3rd if Rojas had elite speed.  When Marte returns, I would move Jazz to the top and continue batting Marte 2nd. 

8 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

I would only bat Marte 3rd if Rojas had elite speed.  When Marte returns, I would move Jazz to the top and continue batting Marte 2nd. 

Don is determined to stick dick at the top.... everyone has their own opinion on a batting order but I'd actually go Jazz, Rojas, Marte, Duvall, Aggy, Dick, BA, catcher but I'm OK with Jazz even moving up to the 2 hole, but we gotta give him more oppotunities to get on base and use his speed... not sold on Don needing Jazz at the bottom for a spark plug

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CyggyMarlin said:

Don is determined to stick dick at the top.... everyone has their own opinion on a batting order but I'd actually go Jazz, Rojas, Marte, Duvall, Aggy, Dick, BA, catcher but I'm OK with Jazz even moving up to the 2 hole, but we gotta give him more oppotunities to get on base and use his speed... not sold on Don needing Jazz at the bottom for a spark plug

The spark plug reference is just a truth of convenience, it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s the right decision.  Acuna would be a spark plug in any order, but hey there is a reason the Braves score more first inning runs and we scored the least thus far. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.