Mael's Rodriguez...

BIG Z

"... the ESPN insider is reporting the Marlins are one of the teams that have shown interest in Maels Rodriguez, the 24 year old cuban defector that is said to be able to throw 100 mph and maybe be the best Cuban defector to come to the majors. There are like 20 teams that are interested, but Florida is one of the ones to show major interest. If we cant get Vlad or Javy, I would definitely take this kid as a consolation prize.

"... But an additional possibility developed further yesterday, when the agent for Cuban ace Maels Rodriguez announced that the 24-year-old righty has officially defected to El Salvador. Rodriguez reportedly throws over 100 mph and his agent, Henry Vilar, expects to talk with several teams, including the Yankees.

(Rodriguez) is supposed to be a huge stud," said one baseball insider. "No surprise that the Yankees are looking at him."

".. Rodriguez seems the real prize of the two. He was cracking the 100-mph barrier as a 20-year-old in the 2000 Olympics and struck out 263 in 178-1/3 innings three years ago - a Cuban record. He was 8-3 with a 3.11 ERA and 117 strikeouts in 113 innings this year.

"Maels is the golden boy," Vilar said. "He's 24 years old. You saw what Josh Beckett did this year, and all the other young talent out there. He's at the same type of level.

"The great thing about him is his age, especially when you look at a guy like Contreras. Maels has 10 or 15 years left in his arm, in his career."

Well, he's exactly right. I can list a couple of disappointments:

-Livan Hernandez (started good, but hasn't had more than 1-2 good seasons)

-Osvaldo Fernandez (came over with Livan, never fit in anywhere)

-Jose Contreras (sucked in the WS, decent regular season)

-El Duque (after one good season, has declined significantly, and came to the majors already over 30 years old)

I thought I heard this story a while back hmmmm :whistle

http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...topic=10392&hl=

yea and this news article came from a while back dood. u werent the first to come up with marlins shoin interist in maels dood. im still waitin for u to prove me wrong. cuz u been like 0 for 25 since i been here where were you yesterday?

He called january 8th a month ago

I thought I heard this story a while back hmmmm :whistle

http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...topic=10392&hl=

yea and this news article came from a while back dood. u werent the first to come up with marlins shoin interist in maels dood. im still waitin for u to prove me wrong. cuz u been like 0 for 25 since i been here where were you yesterday?

He called january 8th a month ago jan 8th was listed in the miami officials site. oh wow there was a meeting big deal. he said it wuld be done but teh deal wasnt done. that doesnt count.