Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Old Friend Jon Berti Retires

Featured Replies

Jon Berti Retires - MLB Trade Rumors

Veteran utilityman Jon Berti is calling it a career. The 36-year-old speedster made the announcement today on Instagram. Berti thanked his former teams, teammates, coaches, agents and fans in a heartfelt statement:

After a lot of thought and consideration, I have decided to retire from professional baseball. It’s been a hell of a journey, full of ups and downs. I’m very grateful for all the opportunities and lessons that baseball has given me over the last 15+ years.

I want to thank the Toronto Blue Jays, Cleveland Guardians, Miami Marlins, New York Yankees, and Chicago Cubs for giving me a chance to play the game I love professionally. It was an honor to represent such great MLB organizations. Thank you to the Canberra Cavalry for an amazing time playing in Australia. Thank you to Team Italy for allowing me the opportunity to represent my heritage in the 2026 WBC.

Thank you to all my coaches, teammates, and staff. I was very blessed to have so many who helped me throughout my career.

Thank you to all the fans who supported me throughout my journey. I worked hard to represent the organization and city I was playing for. I appreciate all the love along the way.

Thank you to my agent Storm Kirschenbaum and [Ball Players Agency] for all of their support throughout my career. Nick Pietrykowski and Peak Physique Fitness for always preparing me for the next season to come. Couldn’t have done it without you guys.

Last but not least, thank you to all my family and friends who joined me for the ride. All the love and support from my amazing wife, parents, and brothers. I couldn’t have had all the success I did without you all in my corner.

Not bad for an undersized kid from Michigan. I’m excited for what’s to come. Until next time!

Oh man. I really feel this one.

I don’t know why. I guess I associate Berti with that 2020 season and some fun memories of that time as a Marlins fan.

Or maybe because I’m around the same age as him and now I’m feeling old realizing how fast the last few years passed by. 😂

Edited by SirFishFan

  • Author
16 hours ago, SirFishFan said:

Oh man. I really feel this one.

I don’t know why. I guess I associate Berti with that 2020 season and some fun memories of that time as a Marlins fan.

Or maybe because I’m around the same age as him and now I’m feeling old realizing how fast the last few years passed by. 😂

Yeah, I'm his same age and I was like......ugh......

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.