Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

We have about 10 million to spend

Featured Replies

What's next year's outfield free-agent class?

isn't Magglio an FA? Yes he is No he isn't.

 

He makes $9 Million in 2004 and $14 Million in 2005 if I recall correctly.

No, they're right. This is his contract:

 

Magglio Ordonez OF

CHW

Signed Jul 2001 - 3 years/$29.5M

 

?2002: $6.5M

2003: $9.0M

?2004: $14.0M

I'm not understanding this whole "keep it for the season" talk. I'm not advocating going out and getting a $9 million player, but as far as in season pick-ups go, I only see us bolstering our bullpen and maybe adding an outfielder or firstbaseman if Choi is struggling. We should find a way to add to our pen now, and if it's possible, add Kendall with Pitt paying a lot of his salary. We can't add in July if we're not in it, and with the team as is I see us having a hard time leapfroging the Phils.

I just think we need a starting-caliber 4th outfielder. I mean, against right handed pitchers you have Choi starting at first and Jeff in LF. Against lefites, you move Jeff to first and that 4th guy into LF. Choi struggles mightily against lefties, so I think a reserve outfielder that mashes lefties is our biggest need outside of a Saurbeck.

 

I don't think anybody has touched on this or noticed this yet, so I thought I'd bring it up.

I just think we need a starting-caliber 4th outfielder. I mean, against right handed pitchers you have Choi starting at first and Jeff in LF. Against lefites, you move Jeff to first and that 4th guy into LF. Choi struggles mightily against lefties, so I think a reserve outfielder that mashes lefties is our biggest need outside of a Saurbeck.

 

I don't think anybody has touched on this or noticed this yet, so I thought I'd bring it up.

A guy I would love to have for this role is Eric Karros. He hit around .300 last year in this role and has some pop. He would play 1st and Conine would stay in Left.

I just think we need a starting-caliber 4th outfielder. I mean, against right handed pitchers you have Choi starting at first and Jeff in LF. Against lefites, you move Jeff to first and that 4th guy into LF. Choi struggles mightily against lefties, so I think a reserve outfielder that mashes lefties is our biggest need outside of a Saurbeck.

 

I don't think anybody has touched on this or noticed this yet, so I thought I'd bring it up.

A guy I would love to have for this role is Eric Karros. He hit around .300 last year in this role and has some pop. He would play 1st and Conine would stay in Left. Karros works.

 

We just need a LF or 1B to fit that role, because Choi just flat out cannot hit left-handed pitchers.

Eric owens?

We need someone who can hit for power for this role.

 

I do like the idea of Karros for $1-1.5 million.

  • Author

Payton sucks, and Moss will be a Devil Ray soon enough.

The rays are gona be a good team next year, gona be an intersting series next year...

  • Author

Payton sucks, and Moss will be a Devil Ray soon enough.

The rays are gona be a good team next year, gona be an intersting series next year... You have a link to the moss-tampa bay idea??

Yuh payton as the starting leftfielder.

Every heard of a guy named Jeffrey Conine? Yea but hes obviously saying move niner to 1b and not even giving big choi a chance?

You sit Choi on the bench for a Vlad Guerrero. But for a Jay Payton? Get the f*** out of here with that s***.

You sit Choi on the bench for a Vlad Guerrero. But for a Jay Payton? Get the f*** out of here with that s***.

Agreed 100%.

  • Author

You sit Choi on the bench for a Vlad Guerrero. But for a Jay Payton? Get the f*** out of here with that s***.

Agreed 100%. Do you sit Choi for a Raul Mondesi?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.