Everything posted by SilverBullet
-
2023/24 Off-Season
This was funny at first because I think even the most skeptical of us thought Jan 16 was at least far enough that they'd do something by then but damn they have literally done nothing roster wise so now it's just embarrassing.
-
2023/24 Off-Season
Who's idea was it to go by that stupid tidbit?
-
2023/24 Off-Season
No, it's that you do this every offseason, every year, every month, every week, every time the Marlins lose a game, pretty much every post from you is about the sky falling.
-
2023/24 Off-Season
Yea but everything you do is out of frustration and an overreaction.
-
2023/24 Off-Season
- 2023/24 Off-Season
Anyone know where I can get some quality ginkgo biloba? Someone told me once but I must have forgotten.- 2023/24 Off-Season
I had the same thought!- 2023/24 Off-Season
Ah yes, the accusing of my memory again like the good old days lol... I didn't know you in 1997 so yea I mistakenly assumed I just met you on here within the last several years. So yes I was wrong.- 2023/24 Off-Season
- 2023/24 Off-Season
- 2023/24 Off-Season
Yea the free agency thing and the arbitration dilemma wasn't changing because those are Bruce directives. But maybe an extension gets worked out and some minor trades work out differently. There's no way we'd have gotten so many guys from the Rays like Bendix has.- 2023/24 Off-Season
We know she couldn't do two things at once lol, getting Burger and Bell was way more than she can handle last year, how can she be expected to do more! With that said, in seriousness, if Kim was kept this offseason I'd imagine she'd be trying for some extensions now since she wouldn't be wasting three months on new front office hires. Maybe "how would this offseason be going if we still had Kim?" is another discussion we could have?- 23/24 Offseason - Other Teams
It's a no brainer in Atlanta but you kinda wish more teams were locking in their front office guys longterm. As discussed earlier, not enough front office heads get the full time they need to see their projects through.- 23/24 Offseason - Other Teams
This sounds like a crime.- 2023/24 Off-Season
Yea they definitely should already have locked up more guys. They did it right with Sandy, I don't know how they haven't done it with a couple others yet. Arraez should be an automatic, you would think Eury is a strong possiblity and maybe that's already being discussed... and I'd do it with Jazz too, even with his concerns I think he's good enough that you try it with him so that he's cost controlled.- 2023/24 Off-Season
@TaiwanMarlins you weren't even around after the 97 World Series or after the 03 team was dismantled after 05... I don't think you even really know what it feels like to have your favorite team actually dismantle a winning team.- 2023/24 Off-Season
Holy crap no this is not true to anyone except you. This team hasn't been dismantled. News flash: we're not making any big signings this year. But this team made the playoffs last year and the team isn't too much different at this point.- 2023/24 Off-Season
Wrong. A team in a playoff drought could make a bunch of moves, a team that just made the playoffs can shrug their shoulders and say they're already built to win, if they want to. It's messed up but it's the truth.- Marlins Hire Gabe Kapler as AGM
- Marlins Hire Gabe Kapler as AGM
Yep, you're right. It's been frustrating as hell. I do think trades are coming that will have a significant impact on our roster so still awaiting to see how that shapes things.- Marlins Hire Gabe Kapler as AGM
Well I can't deny this one. Whoever is running baseball ops needs to get the time needed to do their thing and let it play out and that's a real hard thing to get apparently.- Marlins Hire Gabe Kapler as AGM
It's not an overnight thing and they're not gonna publicly explain the vision. Doesn't mean it's not there.- Marlins Hire Gabe Kapler as AGM
Come to think of it, Skip walking away from this team would be one of those worst things that could happen here in the next few seasons because it would be a clear sign of them not trying to win because it couldn't be defended publicly like a harsh roster move could be. And to do so after a playoff appearance and building what looks to be the basis of a contender is the big difference because you can't say "oh they were never winning anyways" like was said when Jeter cleaned house.- Marlins Hire Gabe Kapler as AGM
100%! You are absolutely right... But I still believe Bendix comes to work trying to build a winning team here... and I believe Kim did the same... and I believe Jeter did too.- Marlins Hire Gabe Kapler as AGM
This saddens me. If this team isn't really good again very soon either Skip will be fired or he'll walk out on his own because he didn't come here to lose especially since he proved he can be a winning manager almost as soon as he walked in the door. He set a high standard and he'll want to keep it. - 2023/24 Off-Season
Account
Navigation
Search
Configure browser push notifications
Chrome (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions → Notifications.
- Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Select Site settings.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Safari (iOS 16.4+)
- Ensure the site is installed via Add to Home Screen.
- Open Settings App → Notifications.
- Find your app name and adjust your preference.
Safari (macOS)
- Go to Safari → Preferences.
- Click the Websites tab.
- Select Notifications in the sidebar.
- Find this website and adjust your preference.
Edge (Android)
- Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
- Tap Permissions.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Edge (Desktop)
- Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
- Click Permissions for this site.
- Find Notifications and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Android)
- Go to Settings → Site permissions.
- Tap Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.
Firefox (Desktop)
- Open Firefox Settings.
- Search for Notifications.
- Find this site in the list and adjust your preference.