Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Coastal State of Mind

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Coastal State of Mind

  1. Check that, Sanchez just struck out the side - Wow!
  2. Sanchez struggling early, LoMo hits into DB and fails to bring in runner in scoring position. :mad
  3. Does L.L. Cool J. perform tonight before the game? If so, maybe Ozzie will put him batting cleanup - we gotta get some runs!
  4. All we need is hitting and relief pitching. :flex Cue the classic Bull Durham clip of the manager . . . (paraphrase) "This is an easy game. You hit the ball, you catch the ball, you throw the ball"
  5. Agree adjustments must be made, but probably too soon to fire. Can Hawk and T. Perez "help" for heaven's sake?
  6. Agreed! Unfortunately, Marlins down 2-0 and Zambrano throwing ~50 pitches in third. :swoon
  7. Eric, Good point - we just need to at least get the bats going a little and stop losing these 1-2 run games.
  8. Marlins - I agree, starting pitching has been very good. Relief pitching, not so much. Hitting, not so much. Isn't it time for an Ozzie tirade on the hitters and the bullpen?
  9. Ah, guess it wasn't a fastball.
  10. Looked like Hanley was trying to put the ball in the Ohio River - but then again, 3-2 count isn't a bad count to wait on a fastball over the plate.
  11. Reyes rundown happened when Ozzie sent both runners with Hanley and a 3-2 count - unfortuantely, he struck out and the dominos fell from there. I like the aggressive call but sometimes, these will backfire.
  12. A poor start; but could end up 160-2! :wee Having the windows open on Opening Night had an effect on at least three, maybe four, long fly balls hit but Stanton (2), Morrison, and Sanchez. In Cincy, I'm afraid the Fish just bowled a zero.
  13. I hate Interleague Play. It jus throws off the balance in baseball I don't hate it really,I kinda wish they would just do away with a couple of the series though. Knock it down to maybe just two for each team. Like the Rays for us and one other team each year. Interleague with the Rays makes sense, we could just take the bus.:thumbup
  14. The Sox may be struggling, but they're a lot like their skipper Oz - somewhat wild and unpredictable. The Fish will need great effort to win the series in Chi-town.
  15. I am new here and a White Sox fan (I consider the Marlins my #2 team and I am trying to get more involved as I am moving to Florida in a few years). I can say this much, the Marlins should be able to take at least 2 of the 3 against the White Sox. We're just BAD right now. is the Sox problem pitching or hitting? you think they'll be high scoring games? Both pitching and hitting are terrible right now. The starters are sketchy at best right now and we have a closer with an ERA over 6! Jon Danks is the only Sox pitching doing much of anything, but Garcia hasnt been too bad. Mark Buehrle hasnt been the same since his perfect game last season. The hitting has been really bad as well. Key players cant get a hit to save their lives. The team had potential to be great based on the amount of talent, but they havent lived up to it. They have only 3 everyday plays hitting above .240. If i had to pick, I'd say high marlins scoring (5 runs a game) with low Sox scoring (2-3 runs a game)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.