Fire Eduardo Perez

DolphinJohn

There has got to be a better hitting coach out there that can do a better job.

I could understand if one or two guys were slumping, but really, nobody in the lineup is hitting.

Something has got to give.

What was Eduardo, like .249 lifetime as a player? I know that some really good hitting coaches were not great hitters but I think the team needs a change there.

The Sporting News Manager of the Year, 2008

Anyway, I still think there is a better hitting coach that could help with all this potential and grossly underachieving.

Just my opinion. We'll see what happens.

Hopefully some guys will come out of it and it will be a non-issue, but this sucks to watch right now.

The Sporting News Manager of the Year, 2008

Clearly the most important award any coach can receive. I mean, I'm surprised he didn't get a fully blown up ceremony on Opening Day in 2009. DAMN he was an amazing manager! All the playoff runs we had with him, I forgot those. Silly me. Great manager, see if we can pry him back from the Braves.

Fredi has to go man!

Fredi was a good coach and manager. What has Eduardo done?

Who was manager last time the team had a winning season?

Who was the last manager we've had for an entire season? Not exactly a fair question there.

We're getting off the subject here. The Marlins need to start hitting as a team.

Where do you look when everyone is struggling at the plate? F**king Stanton looks like he's never played the game before.

A hitting coach is supposed to recognize problems and help hitters make adjustments.

We're getting off the subject here. The Marlins need to start hitting as a team.

Where do you look when everyone is struggling at the plate? F**king Stanton looks like he's never played the game before.

A hitting coach is supposed to recognize problems and help hitters make adjustments.

And you really think Eduardo's not doing that? There's not much he can do when the entire team is struggling offensively. Maybe try some weird thing to get the team going. For instance, the Angels did this once, suggested by Rod Carew - they used the same exact bat for an entire turn through the lineup [was Jim Edmonds' bat, I believe] and things got turned around. [That bat went 4-8 with a walk in that one turn through the lineup].

And you really think Eduardo's not doing that? There's not much he can do when the entire team is struggling offensively. Maybe try some weird thing to get the team going. For instance, the Angels did this once, suggested by Rod Carew - they used the same exact bat for an entire turn through the lineup [was Jim Edmonds' bat, I believe] and things got turned around. [That bat went 4-8 with a walk in that one turn through the lineup].

The OP was about Perez, not Gonzalez. I stand by my opinion that Fredi was a good manager but what does that have to do with the OP other than trying to say I don't know what I'm talking about?

Is Carew available? :flex