Everything posted by hsnterprize
-
Chicago fan reaction
Oh...the humanity of it all!!!!! I'll tell you that the Chicago media is just fawning over the Cubs loss. Believe me...every news shop in this town is crying in their beer over the loss, and they're hyping up the Steve Bartman angle into major overkill. Now...I honestly hope nothing happens to the guy...he was only doing what any other fan would've done in his situation. There were about 6 other people near him who were going after that ball...he was the unfortunate soul who touched it. Now, in case you haven't heard, a Hollywood movie company is wanting to make a movie based on Bartman's infamous interference. He's been talked about so much around here, that we at White Sox Interactive are talking about having a "Steve Bartman Day" at U.S. Cellular Field next season. I'd prefer it to happen when the Cubs play the Sox at "The Cell", and every fan who shows up at the ballpark with a Bartman costume gets a special "Chokersville Chockers" cap Sox fans who attended a far south-side bar received when they watched your Fish beat the baby-Bears. I confess I'm torn as to who to root for in the WS. I'll tell you if the Red Sox won last night, I'd be 100 for the Marlins. However, I also like the Yankees, so I'm hoping for a long series that'll capture the nation's attention. If the Marlins win, I'll be very happy...but the Yanks are a challenge...not that the Marlins didn't overcome big challenges before. Best wishes to the Marlins in the World Series.
-
White Sox Fans
Marlin Fans, I wish you couldve seen us at a bar, on the SOuth side of Chicago. WE cheered, we yelled the PLACE WAS BANANAS LAST NITE, and when the FISH Finally got the last out, THAT PLACE WAS SOOOOOOOOO LOUD...... WE Actually Spilled out onto Western Ave in front of the place, Burned a Cubs flag, traffic was honking, every car yelling out GO MARLINS. it was excellent Man...I wish I could've been there. However, I had the thrill of rubbing in the loss to my alleged Sox-fan/Jenny-Come-Lately Cub fan wife (She says she's a Sox fan, but she said that since the Cubs were a "Chicago team", she couldn't root against them). I'll have to check her into some local rehab program...pray I find a good one...too many sCrUBS fans here in Chicago. I love her, and I had to be careful since my kids were sleeping. However, my arms in the air and other motions made it perfectly clear my prediction of a Marlins' win, as well as my devotion to my favorite team, the Chicago White Sox, vindicated. However, I do have a favorite National League team to cheer for and guess who it is...here's a clue...IT AIN'T THE CUBS!!!!! GO FISH, and best wishes to your team in the Series.
-
White Sox Fans
Hey Marlins Fans... Thank you for letting us share our distaste for the Cubs with you. Thanks for letting us cheer for the Fish with you. I can say I'll be checking out the Marlins a little more often next season. However, I'm Sox all the way when they and the Marlins meet in next year's World Series. In spite of the disappointment, the local media is spinning as much of a positive angle on this Cub loss as possible. While there is no overlooking the obvious, Cubs fans in and out of the press are looking for anything good to talk about. In fact, our CBS affiliate aired a story from your CBS station about how Miami is offering the infamous "interfering Cub fan" everything from a $500 per night in a hotel, a house in Fort Lauderdale and other "refuge" to hide from angry Cub fans. But here's something pretty neat...there was a gathering on the far south side of Chicago where White Sox fans cheered for the Fish. The local news is showing clips of people singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" and rubbing it in to Cubs fans. There's no mercy from them, and there's no mercy from me...at least as far as not cheering for the Cubs is concerned. The news reporter I work with is also a Sox fan, but he's not going to air any of the footage...he doesn't want to "condescend". Oh well...you can't win 'em all. I guess I'll have to do the "rubbing in" when I get the chance. Take care, and enjoy the pennant. Thank you Marlins for breaking the spell of the "evil empire" known as "Cubbieville". Believe me...Chicago is a great city. There's something for everyone here in spite of the cold weather. However, the only thing about Chicago I will NOT spout about are the sCrUBS. I can't stand them, and I'm glad...as Ken "Hawk" Harrelson, Sox TV broadcaster says, "This ballgame is over!!!!!" :jump :jump :jump :jump
-
NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONS, 2003!
THANK YOU MAR-LINS...Clap, Clap, Clap Clap Clap!!!!!!! THANK YOU MAR-LINS...Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap!!!!!!! THANK YOU MAR-LINS...Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap!!!!!!! THANK YOU MAR-LINS...Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap!!!!!!! Thank you so much for destroying the "Evil Empire" known here in Chicago as "Cubs Playoff Fever!!!!!" You guys made the Scrubs pull a 1984 on the enitre universe, and everyone on Earth and beyond is crying in their Old Style Beer (A Chicago-based beer that sponsors the sCrUBS), and I'M LOVING IT!!!!!!! Serves the knuckleheads right for giving the Cubs the series and not taking the Marlins seriously. CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 2003 NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!!! And that's from here in the Windy City...the home of the A.L. Version of the 'Fish...the Chicago WHITE SOX!!!!!!!!!
-
Stop crying Cub fans...
Like VivaMagglio said, the local media here in Chicago "counted their chickens before they hatched" and basically said the Cubs would win before the first pitch. I wrote an anchor and told how I perceived the local coverage, and just let her know that the "Cub lovers" ar hers and other stations didn't give the Marlins a chance...the Fish were just supposed to lay down and die. In fact, the fan who interfered on that foul bal was escorted out the ballpark, and there isn't enough videotape in Chicago to film what happened to him before, during, and after the incident. You should've seen it...local newscasts were taking place just outside of Wrigley Field...reporters were placed everywhere near the ballpark, and they were all saying in one way or another the Cubs winning game 6 was inevitible. In fact, I saw a newscast earlier this week take place on a rooftop across the street from the right field bleachers. Boy...talk about arrogance. Well...the collective "egg on their face" tastes pretty good with some sausage and hash browns right about now. I like my eggs scrambled, by the way. I agree with VivaMagglio when he says for us Sox and Marlins fans to not get cocky over this win. Kerry Wood is hard to beat, but he is beatable. The Fish could've beaten him Saturday night, but the Fish left the bases loaded twice...including the bottom of the 9th. So, the Marlins have to bring in the runs when they get the chance. The Cubs aren't going to die without a fight. GO FISH...DO THE IMPOSSIBLE...BEAT THE SCRUBS!!!!!
-
Chicago Media Confident
Ugh... That is so true...the Chicago media is basically preparing for a celebration without even playing the game. Now, I do concede that beating Prior and Wood at home will be a tough task. However, the Marlins almost beat Wood Saturday night. I still say this should be a 3-2 Marlins' lead if it weren't for the Fish leaving the bases loaded twice. They almost choked away game 5 with leaving runners in scoring position again yesterday. Fortunately, Beckett pitched a whale of a game. Hopefully, Pavano can follow that up.
-
Game 5 story that White Sox fans will appreciate
Alright!!!!! It's great to see the Sox influence transcending to Miami. Thanks for the anti-Cub support. And you're right...from dealing with Cubs fans all the time, whether interviewing them to dealing with them at work, many of them are pretty arrogant and obnoxious. Believe it or not, there are legitimate Cub fans out there, but you'll not see them at Wrigley or out and about. There are too many people who only want to get drunk and act really stupid. Hey...there's nothing wrong with celebrating a win. However, with all the bars and stuff around Wrigley, most of the time we see Cubs fans partying, it's near a bar. Keep up the support, Marlins fans. I confess it'll be tough to deal with the Cubs here in Chicago. The local press is acting like everyone and their dead grandmother are Cubs fans who've been waiting since Jesus was crucified for a pennant. I keep telling people that not everyone in Chicago is a Cub fan, but only a few sports reporters that I've seen actually mention it. Keep visiting WhiteSoxInteractive.com and check out what we're thinking up here. Needless to say, we're in a minority up here...which would make a "1984" by the Marlins even sweeter. And to clarify what a "1984" is, that was the year the Cubs won the N.L. East Division, and like today, the nation was in an uproar about them making it to the post season for the first time since 1945. The Cubs won the first 2 games of the best-of-5 NLCS at Wrigley, and then lost the next 3 in San Diego. Take care, and KEEP THE SOCK AND FISH FLYING!!!
-
Don't let the Cubs fans push you around...
Hey Marlins Fans... I'm a WSIer who is on the Marlin bandwagon, and I'm telling you as a native Chicagoan that the trendy Cubs fans (not the legitimate die-hards, but a lot of the "johnny-come-lately fans who really don't care about the game) who are going to the Pro tonight are going to outcheer, outscream, and outsupport you guys. I know there will by over 65,000 people in the stands for the next 3 games, but a lot of them won't be cheering for the home team if you know what I mean. Look...here in Chicago, the local press is acting like the entire city is going ga-ga over the Cubs. Well, as you can see from prior posts, that's not the case. There are Chicago White Sox fans like me who are don't want the Cubs to win, and will want to party with y'all in South Beach when the Marlins shock the world and beat the sCrUBS in this NLCS. It's just that it's been so long since the Cubs did anything significant, and that so many people in the press are Cubs fans, that every lead story has something to do with them. I'm sure there are passionate Marlins fans in South Florida just like there are passionate Sox fans up here. Show up at the Pro over the weekend. Hopefully, the Marlins and the Marlins' fans will put the sCrUBS to shame. Here's looking to a Marlins win!!!