Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SparkleMotion

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SparkleMotion

  1. Wilson on his way to Texas with anticipation of deal within 48 hours -Karl Ravech
  2. C.j is using us too, trying to get more money out of the angels I dont see the Angels matching it with the rotation they have. C.J. is an ace, I dont have any question about that, but he pitched poorly in the post season and it´s a converted reliever. This has depressed his market value. He has a much higher ceiling than Buehrle so I hope it happens. But don't forget he is a California native and there has been speculation he wants to play there, this could become a factor in his decision. That's probably why we threw six years at him when the Angels reportedly offered five years. The way to get him to rethink his desire to play in California is to overpay him.
  3. Are they panicking by going to 6 years? I think so. With the Pujols thing collapsing, they are desperate for that "third piece" they talked about and want to get something to announce sooner rather than later.
  4. The "analysts" on MLB Network saying that the Marlins offer would be paying #1 option money to a pitcher who, on a good team, would be a #3 guy in the rotation. Don't know much about Wilson to comment.
  5. Sorry guys, I don't know an appropriate topic for this. MLB Network just reported that the Marlins offered CJ Wilson a 6-year deal.
  6. We should offer an 11th year. And then when he's about to sign tell him to go F himself and then give him a Stone Cold Stunner.
  7. Source: Pujols's side is trying to extract every possible nickel in offer from MIA; would then be in position to take that to StL for last. - Olney Can we just get out from Pujols already.
  8. I'm kind of relieved now that the Marlins aren't getting Pujols. While I'm sure they had the finances figured out, that contract probably would have been an absolute nightmare by around year 5 already. It was certainly a high-risk, high-reward proposition. I'm not even sure the reward is THAT high. The contract is basically paying Pujols for what he "was" and not what he "is." He's still undoubtedly a great talent, but I suspect that his MVP caliber seasons are behind him. I bet by year four or five, any team that signs him starts regretting it. The reward would be in helping entrench Marlins baseball as a Miami institution, albeit with maybe less dramatic language then I employed. We can do that by getting players who aren't just status symbols and "look who we got!" guys and making the playoffs a regular thing for the Marlins.
  9. I wish Pujols would just make a decision and end all of this already. Then the Marlins can move on to other things without there still being a link to Pujols.
  10. We can just look at it as screwing StL over for quite a while. They already have to deal with Holiday's massive contract and now this. Though I would have wanted Pujol's, theres a reason only the cards and us were in this, 10 years for a to-be 32 year old when the season starts. If we can get Prince that would be nice but at least we now know if we would be crazy enough to spike up the bidding war with stL for THAT much, there should be NO excuse we dont get Buerhle and Wilson. 10 years for a supposed 32 year old (could be older) who's numbers have already started to decline. No thank you. Marlins wanted him for publicity, but for actual production after the first two, maybe three years, let's look elsewhere.
  11. What are our chancesto land Fielder? Either 100% or not 100%, sources say.
  12. No confirmation miami is out, as was reported. however, w/ diff in $ slight and no no-trade in miami, #cards clear favorite -Heyman Income tax alone probably makes the Marlins offer better by around $8 million total. It seems like their contract offer is also better by at least another $5 million. When you're already getting $200 Million at least, is another $13 Million enough to make him leave the comfortable situation he has in St. Louis? Money probably isn't as big an issue for him as years is, with his true age unknown. I bet he was ultimately waiting for the Cardinals to up their deal to 10 years, which they supposedly did.
  13. MLBNETWORK marlins out of the running for Pujols and marlins are now focusing on Prince. ....f***. I hope that the Marlins PUBLICLY exit the race, so that they completely destroy Pujols' bargaining leverage. This. No, let the Cardinals give him 10 years and $30 Million more than they originally wanted. I find that hilarious.
  14. I'll never forgive Loria for tossing the old Marlins cap during the logo unveiling.
  15. Prince Fielder for half the price along with Mark Buehrle anyone? Prince Fielder is not going to be half the price. I meant cheaper...not half price...but still, I would much rather have a 27 year old, power lefty hitting bat first basemen and very durable starter over an overpaid 31 year old (we think he's 31) player who is getting a enormously long contract that a team may regret in the long run We'll have to give Fielder more per year, though.
  16. Just give him an 11-year contract. We won't have to worry about it for ten years.
  17. Joelsherman1: Reyes deal is 10m, 10m, 16m, 22M 22M 22m and 22m opt or 4M buyout
  18. #marlins definitely will talk to prince if they don't get albert. Buehrle, wilson (angels the leader there) also options - Jon Heyman
  19. Guys, think of it this way. If money was not an issue, which would be the most appealing city to live in? I can't speak for Albert Pujols, though.
  20. What incentive would Pujols have, if given similar offers, to come to Miami instead of St. Louis? No income tax. Warmer weather early and late in the season. Retractable dome and brand new stadium (i know Busch is pretty new). Latino population. Beach. Closer to home. Plenty of business/investment opportunity. There is a reason that many, many, many athletes choose to make their offseason homes in south Florida. Shall we go on? Yes, into something meaningful, please.
  21. What incentive would Pujols have, if given similar offers, to come to Miami instead of St. Louis?
  22. Heat=floppers on national stage. NICE SERIES TO DALLAS. Most people thought they wouldn't even make it to the Finals in their first year with LeBron. I'd say they did pretty well.
  23. I don't want Pujols for 10-years, $220 Million. Let's get pitching instead.
  24. BNightengale: #marlins say they want Pujols and if he goes to #StLCardinals, will focus on pitching,not Fielder
  25. Buster_ESPN: No final decision in place, but there is a growing sense among some of officials involved in Pujols talks that he is staying with St. Louis.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.