Marlins, Reyes agree to 6 yr/106mil deal

I Love Me Some Fish

Sign Reyes and that CF and we're set in the field. But we wouldn't have much left over for SP.

Apparently Reyes is their highest, or at least a very high priority. Interesting stuff.

Admittedly, I never really thought much of Reyes. I assumed we wouldn't be the highest bidder and was OK with that.

Also, the FO has repeatedly said that Starters are the top priority this offseason. So if we get Cespedes (how about "Speedy" for a nickname?), I wouldn't even care about Reyes. Boni can hold down 3rd fine, in my opinion. I hope we somehow find at least 2 new starters in the rotation next year to accompany the locks of JJ and Anibal.

this is interesting though i still want to get rid of gaby.

we need more power at first.

:hammer :hammer :hammer

the only 1B in the NL that had higher WARs than Gaby last season were Votto, Pujols, and Fielder. and it's looking like we're not getting any of those guys.

f*** power. give me wins.

this is interesting though i still want to get rid of gaby.

we need more power at first.

:hammer :hammer :hammer

the only 1B in the NL that had higher WARs than Gaby last season were Votto, Pujols, and Fielder. and it's looking like we're not getting any of those guys.

f*** power. give me wins.

ok f*** power. give me a batting average better than .260, especially when your over .300 after the all star break. give me a second half where you dont crumble to mediocrity. give me a hit in the bottom of the 7th, 8th or 9th innings.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.