Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins, Reyes agree to 6 yr/106mil deal

Featured Replies

I wouldn't really read much into that article since his "source" is from a Mets person who probably knows nothing of what's being offered.

We may not get him but I almost guarantee Reyes won't be playing for the mets next season.

Erick - just for 3 years?

 

 

Yes I prefer a 3-year deal to a 5-6 year deal.

I agree on the shorter contract. He's been a little injury prone to warrant longer than three years. We've never really gone over 4 years and I'm not seeing it even with the new ballpark, etc.

Erick - just for 3 years?

 

 

Yes I prefer a 3-year deal to a 5-6 year deal.

 

Agree 100%, just don't see Reyes taking that. Players are all about the security and long term deals.

Although he has the most injury problems, i for one want Reyes the most.. I really think he will fit well here..

 

i would be surprised if he accepted that contract

You didn't say anything about their rotation. The Phillies have three pitchers who can give them 200 IP and Cy Young caliber numbers. Even with losing Oswalt, their worst starter last year, they are going to be an awesome team in 2012.

 

 

Pretty sure this addresses them:

 

"I'm not saying they can't be a good regular season team, what I'm saying is this year they had what was supposed to be a dream team with 4 aces and adding guys like Hunter Pence to an already dangerous line-up. But they were all sizzle and no steak. And now they're a year older and looking at missing players for long periods of time."

 

It's a strength for sure, but it wasn't enough this year, why would it push them over the top after their offense gets severely weakened?

Reyes might accept a 3 year deal because then he's a free agent again at age 31. If he's not a free agent again until 33 or 34, he might get a lesser deal then. So, there's a chance he'd view a 3 year deal, maybe plus a 5 year deal after that, as maximizing his income.

We may not get him but I almost guarantee Reyes won't be playing for the mets next season.

 

 

That's been a given since he wasn't dealt at the deadline.

 

I was referring to the quote above where the guy said "don't call him a goner yet."

Erick - just for 3 years?

 

 

Yes I prefer a 3-year deal to a 5-6 year deal.

Agree

 

It allows us to not be tied to a player for a long time.. and also, reyes could still be in line for another big payday down the road.

 

I wonder if a 5-6 deal with an opt-out clause after 3 years would be doable. Not sure how that works tho

I'm pretty sure Nolasco would be as good as gone if such a deal were to happen with Reyes.

I'm pretty sure Nolasco would be as good as gone if such a deal were to happen with Reyes.

 

so it would be Sanabia time?

I'm pretty sure Nolasco would be as good as gone if such a deal were to happen with Reyes.

 

so it would be Sanabia time?

 

A Zambrano trade would probably become a more realistic option/rumor, again.

It's a strength for sure, but it wasn't enough this year, why would it push them over the top after their offense gets severely weakened?

 

 

They lost a 5-game series in 5 games. They lost a coin flip.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.