May 19, 200323 yr for the love of God NOOOOOOOOOOOOO c/o of flamarlins.com Rodriguez, given Sunday off, sat down with McKeon and asked if he can bat third again. McKeon is open to returning the catcher to the spot he enjoyed his most success in early this season. Since slumping, Rodriguez has hit fourth, fifth and on Saturday he was as low in the order as sixth. Rodriguez says he prefers third. "I'd like to be hitting third, that's my spot," Rodriguez says. Rodriguez will be back in the lineup Tuesday at Montreal, and McKeon said: "Maybe when he comes back, we'll try it [batting third]." On how best to utilize Rodriguez, McKeon is taking a different approach than former manager Jeff Torborg. McKeon is considering resting Rodriguez two days a week, instead of one. Since most Sunday games are days after night games, regular catchers customarily are off. The Marlins manager is weighing a midweek day off, either Wednesday or Thursday. The fact that the position is a grind, and the Marlins are carrying three catchers, makes giving the 31-year-old an extra breather. "A lot of guys don't want to come out," McKeon said. "Along with physical, guys need the mental rest. That's the big thing. They get to sit on the bench, relax, get their minds clear, and get recharged." McKeon even has thought about, on special situations, possibly playing Rodriguez in left field. Not as a starter. But depending on circumstances, if a double-switch is made late in the game, and Mike Redmond pinch-hits. Rather than take Rodriguez or Redmond out, a shift to the outfield for an inning or two is possible. The reason Rodriguez would go to left is he is a better athlete than Redmond. but resting Pudge 2 days a week would be great
May 19, 200323 yr Is he developing Rickey Henderson Syndrome? Don't complain just do something about it.
May 19, 200323 yr Author Put him in the 3rd hole to see how he does ? Most Likely Scenario: Pierre singles.... Castillo walks.... Pudge(1st pitch swinging) GIDP....Pierre safe at 3rd Lowell walks.... DLee k's :banghead
May 19, 200323 yr Author I like Encarnacion in the 3 hole, Lowell in the 4 hole, Sea Bass in 5, and TH is the 6th...... DLee and Pudge can fight each other for 7 and 8
May 19, 200323 yr Yeah no kidding. If Pudge wants to have his way about WHERE he hits in the lineup, it might help if he was actually hitting the ball first.
May 19, 200323 yr Author Yeah no kidding. If Pudge wants to have his way about WHERE he hits in the lineup, it might help if he was actually hitting the ball first. i know..... who is he? a healthy Mike Piazza? nope more like Charles Johnson.....
May 19, 200323 yr Author true but who thought he would be hurting the team more than helping it? my guess is noone
May 19, 200323 yr Ramp, while I don't expect this kind of futility from him at the plate to last very long.... that's exactly what he's been the past several weeks. Charles Johnson. A big paycheck who at the plate has been hurting the Marlins more than the opponent. I can't stand to hear this "entitlement" crap from players who are slumping. "I should be hitting cleanup, forget that I'm hitting .150 in the last month!" How about this Pudge: when you start producing again you can bat wherever the hell you want in the lineup. You can pitch if you want. Just start hitting the damn ball & stop killing rallies with double-play ground balls.
May 19, 200323 yr Author I mean, how many GIDP can one player ground into.....??? it's getting ridiculous
May 19, 200323 yr He has to prove to McKeon that he can be the 3rd batter of this team. He has been hitting Awful we need a good number 3 guy and that Lowell. To earn his spot back let him hit better than lowell and then we can move him there...
May 19, 200323 yr Author **LOOK DOWN** dude, get a hold of yourself.... you know, people are aloud to disagree(even though i am right) Pudge and DLee are the worst 2 positional payers and the Marlins right now..... it's true, it's true
May 19, 200323 yr The #3 hitter should be hollandsworth,encarnacion,gonzalez,or lowell. Now, I agree with that :mischief
May 20, 200323 yr Guys, I realize you are frusterated with some of the hitters on the team, but I don't think it's as bad as you are making it seem. The Fish are not the Mutts (I don't care if they are ahead), Padres, Brewers, Rays, White Sox, Pirates, Orioles, Tigers or Indians. Those teams are disgraces. Things are not as bad as you make them seem. Look at the good. I do think that D. Lee needs to be moved down in the batting order and Pudge has to produce if he wants to bat where he wants. Pudge wasn't needed IMO. A wasted signing for Beinfest/Loria.
May 20, 200323 yr just to give you all something to think about, here is the break down of the stats according to position in the lineup (I presented this on another thread...I know...) #1 .258 0HR 13RBI .321OBP #2 .346 2HR 12RBI .403OBP #3 .281 10HR 34RBI #4 .213 5HR 19RBI #5 .282 9 HR 25RBI #6 .287 10HR 30RBI #7 .277 5HR 21RBI #8 .258 5HR 21RBI Pudge is batting .273 at #3 with 110ABs. Lowell is also hitting .273. The best? Encarnacion .310 but only 29ABs. Having said that, as much as some of you are all right in pointing out Pudge has been CJ of late, I dont think you can demote a guy down that far who is supposed to be (and I stress that...) the team leader. Then again, he could lead by example which a leader is supposed to do... :mischief2 :banghead
May 20, 200323 yr Rays Amazingly enough.. the Rays team Batting Average is .271 and the Marlins is .264... oh and White Sox: .248.. get some facts first :mischief2
May 20, 200323 yr Rune, I don't think so. Have you watched the WSux play? Well, I have and they are an old team that can't hit with a very unreliable pitching staff. Buehrle hasn't been good for them this year, and the only consistent one has been Loaiza (lowest ERA in AL.) They can't score runs right now and continue to have their ars handed to them by the Blue Jays, Twins. Mariners etc. Their defense is weak as well. The only reason they are in third is because they are in the weakest division in baseball. If they didn't play so many games vs. the Indians and Tigers they would be a lot worse off. DurableTear, I know you like the Rays but they have no pitching. McClung has been okay for them and that's it. A lot of the players on their team aren't a part of the future either. Guys like Easley and Ordonez won't be around. I really like Huff, Baldelli, Crawford and Hall. I think they have the start of something but they are still one of the worst teams in the AL. The point of my response was not to argue about specific teams, but to say that other teams are more of a mess.
May 20, 200323 yr Rays Amazingly enough.. the Rays team Batting Average is .271 and the Marlins is .264... oh and White Sox: .248.. get some facts first :mischief2 Dt your joking right? Your saying you would pick The Fish to beat The Sox because The Fish's average is higher?
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.