April 18, 200422 yr Ok, yea we lost. But not 1 particular person is to blame for that, the whole team is. And it doesn't matter, look how early in the season we are!!! Look at the birght side... Pierre stole 2 bases today, his cofidence level is going up. Castro fell out of his so called "slump". And i'm sure he will show off more of what he has the next time he plays. Redmond hit absolutely amazing. Benitez... he's just pitching better and better with each game. He's gaining a whole lot of confidence which is the key, he did SPECTACULAR today. Overall, what we contributed from this sweep is a lot. The drive to just try HARDER next time. And trust me, u know, and i know this team is amazing!!! They can do it! GO MARLINS!!!
April 18, 200422 yr Well said...and if anyone gets overly excited or disappointed over any 3-game series, then they don't know much about baseball...
April 18, 200422 yr Pen has pitched very good. so true, perisho and phelps in particular have been great alongside benitez and Fox (who we expected to do what their doing)
April 18, 200422 yr Good Things today: - Penny has matured, I think he will have a monster 2004 exceeding all expectations. - Castro going yard - JP 2 SB - Everytime I see Choi at the batter box, I feel we raped the Cubs in the DLEE trade. .436 OBP! - Conine seeing the ball a bit better.
April 18, 200422 yr Yeah i would like to also expand on Choi The kid knows how to play Baseball He will take a BB for his team when needed, hes slow, but he did a terrific job trying to give Red some time so he can score. I think hes learning. Hes going to be a special part of this team
April 18, 200422 yr I love seeing baseball intelligence...hard to quantify, but from what I hear Choi made a smart play in that part of the game.
April 19, 200422 yr As much as it hurts to get swept by the Braves, it isnt the end of the season, there were some positives that came out of this series and hopefully we can use them to our advantage.
April 19, 200422 yr I think we all have a case of getting over excited after 9 games and a 8-1 start. We expected the same every night, but there were positives. Major league players don't stay in slumps forever. It will come around.
April 19, 200422 yr I love seeing baseball intelligence...hard to quantify, but from what I hear Choi made a smart play in that part of the game. hard to quantify? you mean, like clutch hitting?
April 19, 200422 yr Ok, yea we lost. But not 1 particular person is to blame for that, the whole team is. And it doesn't matter, look how early in the season we are!!! Look at the birght side... Pierre stole 2 bases today, his cofidence level is going up. Castro fell out of his so called "slump". And i'm sure he will show off more of what he has the next time he plays. Redmond hit absolutely amazing. Benitez... he's just pitching better and better with each game. He's gaining a whole lot of confidence which is the key, he did SPECTACULAR today. Overall, what we contributed from this sweep is a lot. The drive to just try HARDER next time. And trust me, u know, and i know this team is amazing!!! They can do it! GO MARLINS!!! I BELIEVE!!!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.