Thoughts on game

Flamarlins3

First off grea win for the fish tonight. I'm glad could get the first win in the bag against the Braves. They did it the right way too, scoring early.

JP has seemed a little more patient leading off so far this year

Great to see Conine get a big hit. Hopefully this will help him get out of this.

Sea Bass....Wow. This guy is truly struggling at the plate right now. It's bad. As all of you know the joke on the game board is that he is in a 0-2 count everytime, and sad thing he actually is. He is swinging at bad pitches, and just plain looking poor at the plate. Honestly I think it is beginning to affect him a little in the field as well. I do not know how he can be knocked out of this. Maybe he just can't hack it at the major league level. He's an unbelievable shortstop, but I feel better when our pitchers are hitting rather than Gonzalez, and even that is not much of any confidence. There is going to be a point where maybe the Marlins are going to have to look elsewhere for shortstop help.

Why does Luis rarely hustle anymore on groundballs? He had a great day at the plate today. Everything off his bat was hard hit. The whole team was that way too. Castro hit the ball hard as well. Didn't get any of them to drop though.

Penny was Penny today. Not the best, Not the worst. Put in a good 6 innings so I'm happy.

Nate Bump did a good job to get out of that jam as did Chad Fox.

Benitez has been absolutely nasty so far.

One last thing...is it me or are the games a lot more fun to watch when the there is a huge crowd behind the team like last night. Attendance has been fantastic. The braves announcers were talking about how it would be possible to move the team when there have been an average of 30,000 people a game. I expect another good crowd tomorrow night too. More than usual since it will be in the evening, and not quite as hot.

Great win

BTW I really do not understand ESPN's logic in putting Marlins game on unless they are testing how well a Dontrelle pitched game can get in the ratings. I mean they could have easily gone with Boston and the Yankees, and Marlins have to be on the West Coast on Monday so that is a little bit rough on them. But hey at least we get to listen to the best broadcasters in the game today call a Marlins game.

I expect another good crowd tomorrow night too. More than usual since it will be in the evening, and not quite as hot.

Who wants to go to a game at 8? We'll I do, but who is going to go to a game at 8? Most people will get home at midnight on a Sunday night; thats not good!

I expect another good crowd tomorrow night too. More than usual since it will be in the evening, and not quite as hot.

Who wants to go to a game at 8? We'll I do, but who is going to go to a game at 8? Most people will get home at midnight on a Sunday night; thats not good! I'm going with 6 others, D-Train is pitching and we ar # 1 in MLB

I expect at least 28K tomorrow

Who wants to go to a game at 8? We'll I do, but who is going to go to a game at 8? Most people will get home at midnight on a Sunday night; thats not good! I'm going with 6 others, D-Train is pitching and we ar # 1 in MLB

I expect at least 28K tomorrow Today there were 41,000+

I think 45,000 for tomorrows game is a better number. :D

I think if you get 30,000 tomorrow night (with school and work as Admin said) they will have accomplished something.

The place was really rockin' tonight, what a great crowd! No one can ever say that there aren't Florida Marlins baseball fans in South Florida.

They were into every pitch, they were noisy, they cheered like it was October. It was great fun.

BTW I really do not understand ESPN's logic in putting Marlins game on unless they are testing how well a Dontrelle pitched game can get in the ratings. I mean they could have easily gone with Boston and the Yankees, and Marlins have to be on the West Coast on Monday so that is a little bit rough on them. But hey at least we get to listen to the best broadcasters in the game today call a Marlins game.

ESPN is silly.

Pavano will probably get an early flight to Colorado and he will be well rested.

the game is on ESPN because it accomplishes a couple of things.

a) it gets a matchup with the world champions against the braves.

b) it allows ESPN to show off one of the more popular pitchers in all of baseball.

Guest Moneyball

but wut sucks is that willis hasn't had a bad start this year, probablity shows willis is very likely to have a bad start tomorrow. to bad it's on the same night were on ESPN. i'm really praying for a win.

I fully expect Willis to be "on" tomorrow night. He has come out of the gate strong, and has shown no signs of letting up.

He has slowed down his pace....and is relaxing more. The improvements to his mechanics are working well.

He has proven to the naysayers the only reason he fell of the pace late last year was due to fatigue.....which is not the case now.

The Braves haven't seen Willis yet this year....and that will work to his advantage.

Guest Juanky

And here are today's version of Juanky's Stadium Notes:

- The umps today SUCKED. Especially the ump behind home plate. The most unconsistent strike zone I've seen since Mr. Wolf took a trip down to Miami last summer.

- Brad was pitching well today, though he was pressing a bit with his fastball. Maybe some turning off of the gun is in order. Then again, he was very frustrated with the umpire, you can see it in his pitches and expressions.

- Luiy was ridiculous tonight. Nuff Said.

- Miguelito had a nice shot to the opposite field in his last at bat, but I'd like to see him get the ball in the air more. Every at bat was either a ground ball single or ground outs.

- I still can't believe Conine's shot went out

- Brad is the biggest hacker alive

- Pen continues to Master the NL East

- Big Poppa's speed was down today, but another great performance. That shot by Drew down the line was just a nice piece of hitting and he recovered well. He also mixed the change in very nicely and made the hitters look foolish, this is a very very good sign.

- Mike Hampton, if he wasn't a lefty, wouldn't start for my high school's team

- I am still not a fan of Wil Cordero, but I'll have to give him credit on the good night tonight. I'm anxious for a Choi sighting again tomorrow.

- Bandwagon middle aged people suck

- Not too many Braves fans tonight, I was pleasantly surprised

- Our fans, in some occassions, need to grow up. Much like the Brave players themselves

- The clutch hitting is starting to present itself, and teams are starting to get frightened by Luiy and Juanpy's presence on the basepaths

- All of our pitchers have hits now I believe

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.