Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins Attendance so far!

Featured Replies

Florida is currently 13th in the league in home attendance, averaging over 31,000 fans a game. I think that is an amazing number, and if you would of told me these numbers before the season started, I would not be surprised. Unfortunately, winning will bring fans to the stadium here in South Florida, and a great start to this season has really worked well for the attendance #'s. With a stadium deal hopefully being completed soon, we have a chance to field a team that could be a contender year in, year out, for the rest of this decade. I really believed that because of what the ownership did this summer, trying to keep the nucleus together, it would work out well with the fans and the attendance would grow. Its a real great time to be a Marlin fan, as it looks like we finally have something positive to look forward to for a while!

Mark these years down in Marlins History...

 

1993-1997 The Marlins Stone Age

1998-2002 The Marlins Dark Ages

2003-2004 Renaissance

2004-2007 The Blooming of the Marlins Franchise

Mark these years down in Marlins History...

 

1993-1997 The Marlins Stone Age

1998-2002 The Marlins Dark Ages

2003-2004 Renaissance

2004-2007 The Blooming of the Marlins Franchise

Hmmm. I take it you are in a Florida Marlins history class? :p

by 2008 they will be able to put a piece together:

 

The Florida Marlins - 5 time WS champs

Beyond The Glory :shifty

by 2008 they will be able to put a piece together:

 

The Florida Marlins - 5 time WS champs

Beyond The Glory :shifty

Maybe then we would start to get some respect. :p

South Florida could challenge the Bostons, New Yorks, St. Louis and Chicagos as a premier baseball town if Loria continues what he's doing.

Maybe then we would start to get some respect. :p

 

 

Don't keep your hopes up :mischief

 

 

And I think 1997 could be consider the Rise of Rome and '98 the Fall of Rome :mischief2

I think these numbers witout a doubt are because of the Marlins winning. I think if we had gotten off to a slow start like last year, then we may not have had these numbers.

I think these numbers witout a doubt are because of the Marlins winning. I think if we had gotten off to a slow start like last year, then we may not have had these numbers.

That is why it is so important to continue winning. I am very impressed with the numbers so far though. I did not expect them to do this well so far.

This season definitely has been a pleasant surprise, I have noticed that you have to get tickets pretty well in advance to get good seats, otherwise you're out of luck. Last year I could get great seats a day or two before the game.

Even with the expectations of us FANS set so high for this season. It seems somehow this team continues to exceed our expectations. It's amazing really, going into this season if you were not a Marlin's fan and you talked to one of us about what we expected you'd think we were crazy, that there is no way this team could meet your expectations, we're setting ourselves up to fail. But amazingly they are fueling the fire rather than putting it out. Expectations, no matter how high we seem to set them, this ball club seems to deliver. It's so exciting and even though most people say not to get too excited because it's too early. I say why not get excited? I mean even though it's early I want to take advantage of our success when we got it and enjoy it the way a FAN should enjoy their teams success. I love this game!!! Go Marlins!

 

 

EDIT: Here is a nice story....

 

Okay so I have always been baseball crazy I didn't miss a single game I was either at PPS or glued to my TV during baseball season. I couldn't miss a game. My Girlfriend of 3 years who has never liked baseball has always been jealous of my love affair with the game. Well this team has finally turned her!! I recently moved to Minnesota for a job, she stayed behind until we get married late this year. Well now I find her tuning into the Radio to hear the Marlins game at work and in her car. When she's home she's always watching the games. I get home to watch the games and we are ont he phone the whole time so we can comment on the game as they are playing. It's amazing!

 

This coming from someone who literally HATED the game when we met!

last year i could have got great seats 10 minutes before the game.LOL

last year i could have got great seats 10 minutes before the game.LOL

I will never forget last year in late May, seems like just yesterday .......

 

(*screen dissolve for effect* as we go back in time...)

 

Due to a rainout there was a double-header scheduled for the following day.

I figured what the heck, took the day off work & went to go catch two games at the Pro.

 

I'm sitting about 15 rows behind home plate. It was sprinkling a little as the first game started around 1:00, and there were literally, I kid you not, about 30 people in the stands. I shouted to the guy nearest me, "what, is it scouts only for today's game?"

 

I was sitting by myself, & looking around motioned for everyone to all group together behind home plate so we'd at least have a little cheering section. As pathetic as it seemed, still had a great time. And the marlins swept the doubleheader as their season began to turn around...

I will never forget last year in late May, seems like just yesterday .......

 

(*screen dissolve for effect* as we go back in time...)

 

Due to a rainout there was a double-header scheduled for the following day.

I figured what the heck, took the day off work & went to go catch two games at the Pro.

 

I'm sitting about 15 rows behind home plate. It was sprinkling a little as the first game started around 1:00, and there were literally, I kid you not, about 30 people in the stands. I shouted to the guy nearest me, "what, is it scouts only for today's game?"

 

I was sitting by myself, & looking around motioned for everyone to all group together behind home plate so we'd at least have a little cheering section. As pathetic as it seemed, still had a great time. And the marlins swept the doubleheader as their season began to turn around...

as much as it would spell disaster for the marlins,

 

i would love to do that some day

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.