Often Debated Topic

DH sucks. I have never liked it. Pitcher or not, get up to the plate and swing for yourself. Otherwise you can pull a Roger Clemens and hit Mike Piazza since you don't have to step up and get payback...

I think the DH should stay in the AL. Why? because if they take it out whats the point in having two leagues with the same rules? because homefield in the world series and in the all star game wont be as important. I think is better to have the DH because it adds meaning to things.

I dissagree. I think the whole poin of the inner-league play is that each league gets a taste of the other. If we don't have the DH' date=' then every team should be able to play each other throughout the whole year, not just at one time.[/quote']

The whole point of inter-league play was not to give a taste of each other, it was to draw fans out to the park.

In the years that the AL did not have the DH, the AL and NL did not play each other throughout the year, that was the purpose of the All-Star game and World Series. The DH was another introduction to bring about more offense at a time when people stopped being able to appreciate the art of the game and only cared about offense. Put more butts in the seats.

It is simply two leagues, just as there are divisions within each league.

Just as the NFL has the NFC and AFC. They can play each other during the year, but it is usually only a game or two (about the same as inter-league play.)

BTW Get rid of the DH, that is not real baseball.

later......

a game or two vs four games....

big deal.

Inter-league play like the DH is a gimmick.

You either need to fully integrate the leagues with the same rules or keep them seperate save for the All Star game and the World Series.

DH is for sissies!

Spoken like a true poet :p Jk

Your right, seriously if you can't take a 90 mph pitch, then how are you going to take a line drive coming at you!

If these guys can get out of the way for a line drive, then grab a batting helmet! If it comes after you DUCK!!!

a game or two vs four games....

big deal.

Inter-league play like the DH is a gimmick.

You either need to fully integrate the leagues with the same rules or keep them seperate save for the All Star game and the World Series.

What! Big deal! 4 games a year in the NFL is 1/4 of the damn season! Thats a big deal!