February 2, 200323 yr DH sucks. I have never liked it. Pitcher or not, get up to the plate and swing for yourself. Otherwise you can pull a Roger Clemens and hit Mike Piazza since you don't have to step up and get payback...
February 2, 200323 yr having the pitcher hit is part of hte game. the DH was a gimmick and is long overdue to be eliminated. that sums up my thoughts in two lines. (not counting this one)
February 2, 200323 yr I think that the DH is a horrible thing! Pitchers are athletes too! They should be able to hit! But, I think that as long as the DH sticks, they should add it to the NL, to be fair.
February 2, 200323 yr I think that the DH is a horrible thing! Pitchers are athletes too! They should be able to hit! But"] hell no.
February 2, 200323 yr Author Btw.. I agree... the pitcher should hit like every other player in the Lineup
February 2, 200323 yr Yes. If they are such amazing athletes, why not be a complete athlete, like Mike Hampton in 2001! 10+ HR, .289! That is an athlete, no matter what ballpark you play in!
February 2, 200323 yr I think the DH should stay in the AL. Why? because if they take it out whats the point in having two leagues with the same rules? because homefield in the world series and in the all star game wont be as important. I think is better to have the DH because it adds meaning to things.
February 2, 200323 yr I dissagree. I think the whole poin of the inner-league play is that each league gets a taste of the other. If we don't have the DH, then every team should be able to play each other throughout the whole year, not just at one time.
February 2, 200323 yr I dissagree. I think the whole poin of the inner-league play is that each league gets a taste of the other. If we don't have the DH' date=' then every team should be able to play each other throughout the whole year, not just at one time.[/quote'] The whole point of inter-league play was not to give a taste of each other, it was to draw fans out to the park. In the years that the AL did not have the DH, the AL and NL did not play each other throughout the year, that was the purpose of the All-Star game and World Series. The DH was another introduction to bring about more offense at a time when people stopped being able to appreciate the art of the game and only cared about offense. Put more butts in the seats. It is simply two leagues, just as there are divisions within each league. Just as the NFL has the NFC and AFC. They can play each other during the year, but it is usually only a game or two (about the same as inter-league play.) BTW Get rid of the DH, that is not real baseball. later......
February 2, 200323 yr You couldn't be more uninformed about the NFC-AFC games! I am a Dolphins fan and they must have played at least four NFC teams this year!
February 2, 200323 yr a game or two vs four games.... big deal. Inter-league play like the DH is a gimmick. You either need to fully integrate the leagues with the same rules or keep them seperate save for the All Star game and the World Series.
February 2, 200323 yr Yea the DH sucks.The pitcher has to hit (being on my self).I dont like the DH and other people dont like the DH like kevin millar,lol. The DH is also good because you dont have the pitcher hitting, but i agree they should take off the DH rule....
February 2, 200323 yr To stay on Topic DH sucks now to Inter play... It's special the first week or so but as they did it all the time it just got old. I'm glad they reduced it, which will make it more fun.
February 2, 200323 yr DH is for sissies! Spoken like a true poet Jk Your right, seriously if you can't take a 90 mph pitch, then how are you going to take a line drive coming at you! If these guys can get out of the way for a line drive, then grab a batting helmet! If it comes after you DUCK!!!
February 2, 200323 yr a game or two vs four games.... big deal. Inter-league play like the DH is a gimmick. You either need to fully integrate the leagues with the same rules or keep them seperate save for the All Star game and the World Series. What! Big deal! 4 games a year in the NFL is 1/4 of the damn season! Thats a big deal!
February 2, 200323 yr 2 games is 1/8 of the season.... and all rules are the same in the nfl.. so it really does not matter in the nfl. apples to oranges really.
February 2, 200323 yr i think most people are. Anyone who can play a kids game for major money will have jealous followers
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.