Hey Cape, regarding Jack and Penny......

Just a little fyi, Penny and Jack have a mutual respect for each other. The only time Brad got really upset was during the playoffs when he was pulled from the rotation and then, only because everyone else was told before he was. I tend to agree with that being the wrong way to go about it. As for getting mad and throwing a game. that is nonsense. I dont know any athlete who would do that. I heard that Jack told Brad he had alot of respect for him for speaking his mind when alot of guys wont, to keep from rocking the boat. It must be nice to be perfect and sit in judgement of people that you dont really know. He cant be too bad when some of his best buddies on the team are Pavano, Conine and Lowell.

Hey thanks you guys, I have been reading alot of good things you have been posting about Penny. You are seeing now what I have been telling you he was capable of, it just took some time, I think he has it figured out now. The game in Houston, he could have gone alot further if the ump had been calling the corners. The reason he had such a high pitch count was because he had so many 3-2, 3-1 counts, again because of the umpire. The ump was consistently bad, he called it that way for both sides. I really am hoping to see him in the All Star game this year. He played in the Futures All Star game the year he was traded to Florida.

will the marlins be able to afford penny, beckett, pavano, willis, burnett for the next 4-5 years?

Possibly since Trelle is going to only be 300,000-600,000 dollars for the next 5-6 years and Beckett and Penny, will be in the 1,600,000-2,300,000 dollars range as well as Burnett. Pavano is only one to worry about since he is a FA after this season.

Brad is making more than that this year, If he keeps pitching the way he has been, this will be the same as his free agency year, especially if we are not in contention, they will want to trade while he his hot!!! Brad loves Florida, he fishes everyday, I know he would like to stay there if at all possible.

Possibly since Trelle is going to only be 300,000-600,000 dollars for the next 5-6 years and Beckett and Penny, will be in the 1,600,000-2,300,000 dollars range as well as Burnett. Pavano is only one to worry about since he is a FA after this season.

Penny is already well past the $2.3 million mark - he's at $3.7 million this year. Beckett is at $1.5 million now and I wouldn't be surprised to see that go past $3 million next year in arbitration.

Salaries don't stay low for the first 5-6 years of a players career. It's more like the first 2-3 years. Once players become arbitration eligible, their salaries jump. Dontrelle will making a lot more than $600,000 in 2006.

so its taken an extra year for dime to really bust out.

big deal.

remember back in 2001 i think....he was damn good then....

dime regressed a tad after that, but has slowly been building back toward a great pitcher.

there is a reason why i have been on the dime bandwagon for a few years now.

when he pitches...he is dynomite!

its only now that it seems like dime has realized that pitching and not throwing = constant success in this league.

Don't worry about it dawg, everyone is entitled to one stupid and baseless opinion. Cape's is Penny. Oh well.

It's not stupid or baseless. Look last year when McKeon came on and Penny pitched. There was something wrong there, he has changed, but it took a LONG time.