The Da Vinci Code

Fish Fillet

It may seem foreign to alot of people here since it's one of those things made out of paper that has writing and stuff in it. You know, where most movies come from.

Anyways, anyone read it? Thought it pretty interesting, and I always love to see the Catholic Church take some lumps. The inferences the author makes via different symbols throughtout history was very interesting, as well. Made me go out and find a picture of the last supper painting and take another look.

Thoughts, or are you all going to reserve judgement until the movie/videogame/cartoon comes out in a few years?

nhahaha a video game version of the Da Vinci code

well I read it a while back before it became the hot commodity in the hip coffee shops, but I thought it was an exellent well written book with lots of great information which was well explained and detailed.

couple of cool spins and angles at what could be a big mistery

I have wanted to read this book even before it became famous... I just never have the time. I have about a dozen books on my shelf that I bought last year and haven't read or finished yet.

I like the story and it intrigued me enough to read about 40 pages while seating on a couch at Barnes & Noble. I should have bought it and add it to my pile to read.

I found amusing that the Catholic church took it to heart and almost "prohibited" any catholic to read it. Is not like it is a historical representation. For God's sake it is a fiction book! :rolleyes: But the church has nothing else to do this days than to try and deflect attention from the scandal within.

Read the book... I had a hard time putting it back on the shelves... It's a grabber.

I have wanted to read this book even before it became famous... I just never have the time. I have about a dozen books on my shelf that I bought last year and haven't read or finished yet.

I like the story and it intrigued me enough to read about 40 pages while seating on a couch at Barnes & Noble. I should have bought it and add it to my pile to read.

I found amusing that the Catholic church took it to heart and almost "prohibited" any catholic to read it. Is not like it is a historical representation. For God's sake it is a fiction book! :rolleyes: But the church has nothing else to do this days than to try and deflect attention from the scandal within.

Read the book... I had a hard time putting it back on the shelves... It's a grabber.

the catholic church is largely idiotic in many regards.

it might be a fictional book but a lot of the things were pretty accurate dating back in time... and it made a lot of sense.

the catholic church hides and lies about a lot of things

Guest Juanky

I thought it was a very well written book, and I hardly could put it down while I was reading it towards the end of last year. Angels and Demons, which preceeds this book, is also very good if you want to check it out.

It was kind of amusing, once a couple of kids brought the book to school so they could read it in their spare time, the reaction of the Jesuits to the book (well, at least the Jesuits are intelligent enough to read the book before they start talking it down). They didn't side with the Catholic Church's official talk on the book, and didn't really go into that many details (because honestly at this point we don't know), but did point out some things that were true and some things that weren't.

Oh, and by the way: Look at the Last Supper. It really is how Dan Brown describes it. Just you never really notice until you take a second look.