MVP Baseball 2003

MarlinsFans46

Triple Play has been really disappointing lately so hopefully this will turn the series around. I was looking forward to All Star Baseball 2004 because it was supposed to have online play but they canceled that feature. So now I don't know if I'll even pick up a baseball game.

I've only played the demos for High Heat, and I didn't particularly find it very appealing. Even though HH had things like wild pitches and passed balls, they occurred too frequently. I think that is probably one of the hardest things to create in sports games- those "random" (but not really) events. That is why injuries were taken out starting with TP 2000- they happened too much. I am sort of worried with the franchise mode- apparently there are "career-ending" injuries- and I hope they don't occur often. It certainly seems though that EA is trying to put their best effort possible. I did like the extensiveness of HH's stats though, you could sort them, print them in box score-style. Hopefully something similar will exist with MVPB.

All Star Baseball looks to be shaping up REALLY nice. Check out some of these features:

Over 100 legendary players including Negro League heroes like Josh Gibson and Cool Papa Bell!

Future stadiums to be erected as your Franchise progresses into later years (Many of you will be happy with that option :D )

Pick-up Game

Scenario Mode

Trivia

Batting Practice

Home Run Derby

Stadium Tours

Multimedia (interviews)

Choose your own player theme music!

Spanish play-by-play

Downloadable rosters (Xbox only/tentative)

Check out the rest of the stuff here:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/384/384941p1.html

Al Gill isnt a real person but he is the same weight and height of Millar with his power,fielding,etc almost identical..... a good batting average with medium power and meium rbi... and has the goatee

I dont know why millar doesnt come out in any GAMES!!He better come out in the next ABS2004.... 1truefan and I have talked about that and we believe that Millar isn't in any of the games because he isn't part of the MLBPA. He is a replacement player from the strike year.

I think the best baseball game is World Series Baseball from Sega. This has awsome graphics to go along with a Franchise mode where you are like the GM and could hire and fire managers. The manager affects how good your team is too.. I could not get it last year but will this year. I hope is only for xbox againg just so the ps owners envy the xbox.

I think the best baseball game is World Series Baseball from Sega. This has awsome graphics to go along with a Franchise mode where you are like the GM and could hire and fire managers. The manager affects how good your team is too.. I could not get it last year but will this year. I hope is only for xbox againg just so the ps owners envy the xbox.

Franchise Mode is also in All Star Baseball 2003 and belive it'll be in 2004 too. That's I like ASB better than HH, you can build your team and try out your GM skill at hand.. I mean I'm not doing to bad... after 42 games my team has a record of 23-19.. tied in 2nd with the Phillies and Marlins in the NL East :)