An Open Letter to Ted Kennedy

Dodge

Open Letter To Ted Kennedy

Senator Kennedy, how can you be so out of touch? Don?t you know that what you said about Saddam Hussein?s torture rooms being open again under the auspices of the U.S. military was not only irresponsible but downright stupid.

That?s right stupid. There is absolutely no analogy between what happened at Abu Ghraib and the sadistic quarter-century rule of Saddam and his depraved sons.

Has our military dropped anybody off a roof tied to a chair?

Has our military run anybody through a shredder feet first?

Has our military raped women and tortured children while making the husband and father watch, helpless to do anything about it?

How many mass graves have been found, Mr. Kennedy, graves where the corpses have their hands bound behind them? Did our military do that?

Has our military dropped poison gas on anybody, Senator?

Has our military defiled virgins just for the fun of it?

Has our military shot any of the athletes on their football teams because they lost a game?

Has our military practiced genocide?

No, Mr. Kennedy, you know full well they haven?t and that?s what makes your statement stupid. Why don?t you admit it, you are willing to belittle young men and women who risk and give their lives for this country for political gain.

How many terrorists have you encouraged with your reckless

and asinine statements, Mr. Kennedy? How much aid and comfort

have you given the sworn enemy of our country?

Where is your outrage about Nick Berg, Daniel Pearl, the Americans who were hung from a bridge and set on fire? Where is your sympathy for the families who have lost loved ones in

Iraq? Don?t you know that your careless, bogus statements cut them to the bone?

Or maybe you just don?t care, maybe you just want to get your buddy John Kerry in the White House so badly that nothing else matters to you.

We are at war Senator. Let?s get this war over with and bring our sons and daughters home. Then you and Tom Daschle can form all the committees and name all the special investigators you want to.

You and Hillary can question President Bush until the cows come home.

And you can sit back and make all the stupid statements you want to.

Pray for our troops.

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

Where is your outrage about Nick Berg, Daniel Pearl, the Americans who were hung from a bridge and set on fire? Where is your sympathy for the families who have lost loved ones in

The Most Ignorant Statement, that could come out of anyone's mouth?

He ran out of Ammo, so he made things up to say any American supported the killing of Americans, is a lie and disgusting.

He ran out of Ammo, so he made things up to say any American supported the killing of Americans, is a lie and disgusting. I don't think Charlie CAN run out of ammo. The point he made in this letter was that Senator Kennedy is making disgraceful remarks about our troops in order to make President Bush look bad and to get his buddy John Kerry in office.

IMO, no matter whether the war is right or not, no matter what party you're from, you DO NOT say garbage like that about our troops, especially for political reasons. It is disgusting that a Democrat in office is more important to Kennedy than respecting our troops.

He ran out of Ammo, so he made things up to say any American supported the killing of Americans, is a lie and disgusting. I don't think Charlie CAN run out of ammo. The point he made in this letter was that Senator Kennedy is making disgraceful remarks about our troops in order to make President Bush look bad and to get his buddy John Kerry in office.

IMO, no matter whether the war is right or not, no matter what party you're from, you DO NOT say garbage like that about our troops, especially for political reasons. It is disgusting that a Democrat in office is more important to Kennedy than respecting our troops. Yeah, Can you find me anything Kennedy said that would prove without a shadow of a doubt that he hates and does not support all our troops.

He's talking about one group of soilders, who disgraced The Country. If you can find any Democrat in office that despises all our troops, bring it forward because the way you say it, Kennedy hates all of our troops.

As stated in the letter, Kennedy compares our soldiers to Saddam's regime. It is for political gain. That's all there is to it. Kennedy is a shameless partisan and as I have said before, nothing is more stupid than that.

As stated in the letter, Kennedy compares our soldiers to Saddam's regime. It is for political gain. That's all there is to it. Kennedy is a shameless partisan and as I have said before, nothing is more stupid than that.

That's not what I asked,

Your using an obviously biased letter that even says comparisons to Abu Ghraib, therefore your comparison even admits he's using the soilders at that prison.

You continue to say though that Kennedy supports none of our troops, YET...

You have offered no proof to that except a biased letter by a musician which even flaws your arguement.

So what if Barbara Streisand puts out a letter saying George Bush is really a nazi , is that true because it's in a letter by a biased musician? Of course not

Bring me some real facts, that Kennedy hates our troops and not just lashing out against sicko's in some prison, not one person's opinion.

That's not what I asked,

Your using an obviously biased letter that even says comparisons to Abu Ghraib, therefore your comparison even admits he's using the soilders at that prison.

You have offered no proof to that except a biased letter by a musician which even flaws your arguement.

So what if Barbara Streisand puts out a letter saying George Bush is really a nazi , is that true because it's in a letter by a biased musician? Of course not

Bring me some real facts, that Kennedy hates our troops and not just lashing out against sicko's in some prison, not one person's opinion. Facts: Ted Kennedy is a loudmouthed politician whom... shall I say... has run out of ammo? :mischief2 and has resorted to dishonoring our servicemen in order to make Bush look bad. That's all I'm saying.

Perhaps it's a matter of... personal opinion? :shifty

As stated in the letter, Kennedy compares our soldiers to Saddam's regime.? It is for political gain.? That's all there is to it.? Kennedy is a shameless partisan and as I have said before, nothing is more stupid than that.

That's not what I asked,

Bring me some real facts, that Kennedy hates our troops and not just lashing out against sicko's in some prison, not one person's opinion. Facts: Ted Kennedy is a loudmouthed politician whom... shall I say... has run out of ammo? :mischief2 and has resorted to dishonoring our servicemen in order to make Bush look bad. That's all I'm saying.

Perhaps it's a matter of... personal opinion? :shifty Just curious, when The Republicans were bashing Clinton for his involvement in Bosnia and Kosovo, saying we had no right to be there...

Were they being unamerican and not supporting our troops in your "Personal Opinion"?

Just curious...

I supported our action in Bosnia and Kosovo.

In "my personal opinion," unless the Republicans compared our troops to our enemies and dishonored them, they were not playing election politics and were not doing what Mr. Kennedy is doing now. :cool

Guest markotsay7

Rune, the issue isn't whether or not Kennedy supports our troops. But the fact of the matter is he publicly made a statement drawing parallels between the action of the United States and one of the most brutal regimes the world has seen this side of the second World War. He did NOT as you stated single out one group of soldiers, he clearly said that Saddam's torture chambers have been reopened under US MANAGEMENT. Then he preceeded to say that Bush PRESIDED over these atrocities...as if the President sactioned these torturings. Chastising Bush for what went wrong in Iraq is like chastising the school superintendant for a teacher who raped a student - Bush, like the superintendant, is only a higher-up figure who has no control over the matter.

Coincidentally a very good article which I recommend you all read came out today on Men's News Daily at http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/p/pre...utsky052304.htm

Rune, the issue isn't whether or not Kennedy supports our troops. But the fact of the matter is he publicly made a statement drawing parallels between the action of the United States and one of the most brutal regimes the world has seen this side of the second World War. He did NOT as you stated single out one group of soldiers, he clearly said that Saddam's torture chambers have been reopened under US MANAGEMENT. Then he preceeded to say that Bush PRESIDED over these atrocities...as if the President sactioned these torturings. Chastising Bush for what went wrong in Iraq is like chastising the school superintendant for a teacher who raped a student - Bush, like the superintendant, is only a higher-up figure who has no control over the matter.

Coincidentally a very good article which I recommend you all read came out today on Men's News Daily at http://www.mensnewsdaily.com/archive/p/pre...utsky052304.htm

I'm just wondering...

From Fox News and countless other Republican sources, it was Clinton who presided over the gutting of The US Army(not true) and the build up of Osama Bin Laden and AL Qaeda(Now to turn the question towards you like CLinton really supported Al Qaeda), so why is it so different when The Democrats attack this war and how it's been carried out? It's like you go blind on the the bashing when it's another party figure but your up in arms when it's someone from your own parry.

Once again, you fail to issue this...

This entire letter, which CF uses as his base for the entire topic, is written by a biased musician, so what...

Does that make the letter right? I bring up my Steisand example(Just want to set it out there, I despise Barbara just as much as any Conservative). This entire arguement is going on opinions and loose analogy's. Daniels makes up his own examples to further his arguement, he's using his own words and analogy's. He's making his opinion and running with it, not on facts but things that are coming from his head.

Kennedy never said Bush supports those analogy's Daniels made but your making it out to be true...

Guest markotsay7

I'm just wondering...

From Fox News and countless other Republican sources, it was Clinton who presided over the gutting of The US Army(not true) and the build up of Osama Bin Laden and AL Qaeda(Now to turn the question towards you like CLinton really supported Al Qaeda), so why is it so different when The Democrats attack this war and how it's been carried out? It's like you go blind on the the bashing when it's another party figure but your up in arms when it's someone from your own parry.

This entire letter, which CF uses as his base for the entire topic, is written by a biased musician, so what...

Does that make the letter right? I bring up my Steisand example(Just want to set it out there, I despise Barbara just as much as any Conservative). This entire arguement is going on opinions and loose analogy's. Daniels makes up his own examples to further his arguement, he's using his own words and analogy's. He's making his opinion and running with it, not on facts but things that are coming from his head.

Kennedy never said Bush supports those analogy's Daniels made but your making it out to be true... Kennedy's exact quote was "President Bush has presided over America's steepest and deepest fall from grace in the history of our country. The tragedy unfolding in Iraq is the direct result of a colossal failure of leadership."

I don't know, it seems to me like that's pretty much putting the blame on him and his cabinet.

I don't remember any member of the Republican party ever comparing what Clinton did in Kosovo (which, for the record, I supported) to the acts of a ruthless dictator who killed thousands of people without reason over several decades.

I have no problem with Democrats attacking the war or the way it's been carried out, because different ideas are what makes this country great. I DO have a problem with personal attacks on the President and his cabinet, especially when they are as unfounded as Kennedy's attacks are.

I'm just wondering...

Kennedy never said Bush supports those analogy's Daniels made but your making it out to be true... Kennedy's exact quote was "President Bush has presided over America's steepest and deepest fall from grace in the history of our country. The tragedy unfolding in Iraq is the direct result of a colossal failure of leadership."

I don't know, it seems to me like that's pretty much putting the blame on him and his cabinet.

I don't remember any member of the Republican party ever comparing what Clinton did in Kosovo (which, for the record, I supported) to the acts of a ruthless dictator who killed thousands of people without reason over several decades.

I have no problem with Democrats attacking the war or the way it's been carried out, because different ideas are what makes this country great. I DO have a problem with personal attacks on the President and his cabinet, especially when they are as unfounded as Kennedy's attacks are. You say you don't mind attacks on how the war was carried out but you don't want personal attacks? Exactly what is The President's job in your view?

In my view and countless others, I think it's pretty obvious his job is to lead and when he messes up it's The President who is the one to take the blame or The PRaise.

Would you like Kennedy to praise George for going into a country(which he openly declared had terrorists) without UN Support and also forcing a vote on the war before he told any details of this war was carried out?

I'm pretty sure Leadership is the biggest quality, A president needs to have and when he screws up, I believe that may not be a personal attack.

Answer this for me MK7, I head a company where you sit on the board, I buy a smaller company that despite everyone on the board strongly against and were going to keep it up and running, turns out it was a bad idea afterall and you critisize(sp) my move. Is that a personal attack or isn't that an attack on poor judgement?

A personal attack: *cues George Castanza* Well, I slept with your wife!

That's a personal attack not some problem someone has with how you are doing their job!

Also, I'm sure your also offended by Mr. Daniels remarks to Democrats in his statement.

I'm just wondering...

I have no problem with Democrats attacking the war or the way it's been carried out, because different ideas are what makes this country great. I DO have a problem with personal attacks on the President and his cabinet, especially when they are as unfounded as Kennedy's attacks are. You say you don't mind attacks on how the war was carried out but you don't want personal attacks? Exactly what is The President's job in your view?

In my view and countless others, I think it's pretty obvious his job is to lead and when he messes up it's The President who is the one to take the blame or The PRaise.

Would you like Kennedy to praise George for going into a country(which he openly declared had terrorists) without UN Support and also forcing a vote on the war before he told any details of this war was carried out?

I'm pretty sure Leadership is the biggest quality, A president needs to have and when he screws up, I believe that may not be a personal attack.

Answer this for me MK7, I head a company where you sit on the board, I buy a smaller company that despite everyone on the board strongly against and were going to keep it up and running, turns out it was a bad idea afterall and you critisize(sp) my move. Is that a personal attack or isn't that an attack on poor judgement?

A personal attack: *cues George Castanza* Well, I slept with your wife!

That's a personal attack not some problem someone has with how you are doing their job!

Also, I'm sure your also offended by Mr. Daniels remarks to Democrats in his statement. Well said. :thumbup

oh by the way...you should have gone with jerk store...JERK STORE!!

No, they put a bag on his head and put electrical wires to his fingers and genitals

No, they piled them naked and introduced chemical lights on their butts.

No, they have dropped bombs on civilian homes, claiming it a "collateral damage".

Has our military raped women and tortured children while making the husband and father watch, helpless to do anything about it?

Yes. They have been raping woman at Abu Ghraib prison and God knows where else... they tortured a child to get information out of his father.

It is possible that many of the women they've raped were virgin as well.

How many mass graves have been found, Mr. Kennedy, graves where the corpses have their hands bound behind them? Did our military do that?

Do you know how many civilian casualties since the "war" started? We are probably competing to fill as many mass graves.

Has our military shot any of the athletes on their football teams because they lost a game?

We've amputated so many legs that they'll probably not be able to have a soccer team in years.

hmmm... Hello! Do you think the "collateral damage" we've caused is not genocide?

b]you are willing to belittle young men and women who risk and give their lives for this country for political gain. [/b]

Oh Brother! the Republican party line... Anyone who criticizes the administration and its horrible atrocities is "Unpatriotic" or "putting our troops in danger". How about you just shut up! Mr. Daniels.

Simple... None of it would have happened if Mr. Bush didn't invent this stupid war to begin with... So I blame Bush and his buddies and no one else.

We are at war Senator. Let?s get this war over with and bring our sons and daughters home. Then you and Tom Daschle can form all the committees and name all the special investigators you want to.

How about no! We do it now and expose this atrocities now before we kill, rape and torture more people.

Republicans can cry all they want... Dissent is patriotism and we will never ever shut up in the face of unjustices and lies... Cry foul. Keep crying while your "War" president keeps sliding in the polls.

God Bless America!

Kennedy's exact quote was "President Bush has presided over America's steepest and deepest fall from grace in the history of our country. The tragedy unfolding in Iraq is the direct result of a colossal failure of leadership."

well i dont know.

there are some truths behind that quote.

with Bush turning his back on the rest of the world essentially, it signaled a fall from the top of the world, in other countires eyes. it signaled other countries taking a much more negative view toward us as a nation, becase no longer are we willing to work as an internatinal community, but do whatever we damn well please.

and you cant say that there have not been any failures in Iraq....that portion of the quote may not be as on the head as the first half...but you simply cant give Bush and company a free pass on all the crap happening over in Iraq.

No, they put a bag on his head and put electrical wires to his fingers and genitals

No, they piled them naked and introduced chemical lights on their butts.

No, they have dropped bombs on civilian homes, claiming it a "collateral damage".

Yes. They have been raping woman at Abu Ghraib prison and God knows where else... they tortured a child to get information out of his father.

It is possible that many of the women they've raped were virgin as well.

Do you know how many civilian casualties since the "war" started? We are probably competing to fill as many mass graves.

We've amputated so many legs that they'll probably not be able to have a soccer team in years.

hmmm... Hello! Do you think the "collateral damage" we've caused is not genocide?

b]you are willing to belittle young men and women who risk and give their lives for this country for political gain. [/b]

Oh Brother! the Republican party line... Anyone who criticizes the administration and its horrible atrocities is "Unpatriotic" or "putting our troops in danger". How about you just shut up! Mr. Daniels.

Simple... None of it would have happened if Mr. Bush didn't invent this stupid war to begin with... So I blame Bush and his buddies and no one else.

How about no! We do it now and expose this atrocities now before we kill, rape and torture more people.

Republicans can cry all they want... Dissent is patriotism and we will never ever shut up in the face of unjustices and lies... Cry foul. Keep crying while your "War" president keeps sliding in the polls.

God Bless America!

All of your post is fact.

However, so is this:

There were maybe 20 or so soldiers guilty of the war crimes in the Abu Ghraib prison. And the victims were terrorists and enemy soldiers.

Saddam's regime did their torture and murder for decades. The entire regime. Not 20 or so of them. And the victims were mainly civilians.

Look at the big picture.

I'm not trying to take any guilt off the war or our troops who ARE guilty of the war crimes. Your opinion on the war and the administration is your opinion, and that's perfectly OK.

But we don't need more bloodsucking Ted Kennedy's who will say anything to make President Bush lose in 2004, even if it means demeaning all of our military, including those who are DOING THEIR JOB and NOT committing war crimes.

Peace. :cool