Raul Mondesi sign him or don't bother?

Teal Shadow

I like it, it makes Nunez much more tradeable. Gives us perhaps the best throwing arm in the NL with Guerrero and Guillen gone, and he wouldn't demand much more than a few hundred thousand for the rest of the year.

Nunez has still yet to do anything when it counted, and when you're a week away from June, you can't point to Spring Training numbers. If Cordero is out until the end of July, and Conine is going to be the other first baseman, bring Mondesi in, it helps address two issues: our bench depth, and indirectly our bullpen.

Despite all the talk of distractions at home, the guy basically skipped out on the Pirates because he didn't like his contract. It's funny how his his distractions subsided as soon as he was a free agent.

With all the talk about our team chemistry, I don't want a guy like Raul Mondesi anywhere near our clubhouse, especially as a part-time player.

Mondesi > Conine

.... this is based on 04 Conine's productivity

And I know that Mondesi hasnt played much, but I believe that he will give us more production out of the 5th or 6th hole, especially if Conine platoons with Choi at first.

Or say no and give more playing time for Nunez ... to be honest I dont really care but productivity wise I believe that Mondesi could bring more to the table than Conine or Nunez or Cordero.