Slurve

This may be a bit off-topic but I thought being as that Dontrelle is on your team you would know this answer.

While playing my ESPN Baseball game I was playing with the Astros against your Marlins. D-Train was pitching and threw a pitch that was near impossible to hit called a slurve - I guess a curve and slider mixed. He struck me out 6 or 7 times just on that pitch.

What my question is, is does Willis actually posess this pitch and is it as nasty as in the game?

Thanks.

Guest Juanky

I personally love the slurve because like you said it's a nice combo. Unfortunately Dontrelle doesn't throw one. It's just that his slider acts like a backdoor slider, and I don't think they can put that in the game, so they gave him the slurve to show that his slider doesn't move like a real slider all the time.

I wish he threw the slurve.

Dontrelle only has 2 pitches, a fastball and a slider and a very very very weak changeup that he never uses but is working on with Rosey. This is why he gets shelled after about 2 or 3 innings almost every game, he desperately needs to establish that 3rd pitch.

Guest Juanky

I think it is more of he struggles when he can't paint the black, forcing his pitches to come in. Since batters only have two pitches to choose from they can sit pretty on the heat when it comes down the pipe and blast it as they please.

But you never know.

i wonder if there has been any investigation as to whether Dontrelle is tipping his pitches....it might explain why he went from ringing people up to being rung up himself so swiftly.

Pretty much every batter in the league knows exactly what to expect when facing Dontrelle, and if they can get ahead in the count they're guaranteed to get fastballs because he has no 3rd pitch which he could use in a situation like that.

He faced a lot of batters for the first time last year, but this year after almost a season of everyone watching him fly under the radar everybody knows exactly what he's all about now and can predict everything he will throw.

Guest Juanky

Who actually does throw a slurve regularly or is this an older pitch that is not as common?

I think Jeff Nelson throws one...am I correct?

Soriano from the M's throws one