Europe Trip: A no go

Shamrock

Well, my trip to Europe has come to a screaming halt as I was not able to find cheap enough transport. So I will not be leaving the country on a wild adventure and instead will be working at a camp for inner-city kids in New York. Anyone who lives there want to give me any tips on things to see in New York City? I'm leaving early so I can check out the Big Apple. Thanks!

The camp is still looking for people btw....www.morryscamp.org

you can buy a lot of counterfit things pretty cheap in NYC, like in china town, though that does perpetuate the practical slave labor immigrants endure. However, a lot of people like 10 dollar rolexes.

I refuse to even shop at wal-mart, so I doubt I'll be buying any of those things. Besides I have enough stuff anyways. :)

You should see the WTC site, it is very moving. I saw it last summer.

Bring lots of $$$ with yo utoo, you will be tempted to purchase something every step you take.

I will definitely visit that site....and yes, I'm dirt ass poor. :D I feel ya, when Im in school my diet consists of Ramen Noodles and water... :lol

you can buy a lot of counterfit things pretty cheap in NYC, like in china town, though that does perpetuate the practical slave labor immigrants endure. However, a lot of people like 10 dollar rolexes.

If in Chinatown also make sure to pick up some pirated DVD's of movies that haven't been released yet.

And of course the prerequisite..... Catch the #4 train up to the Bronx and catch a game at the stadium.

If in Chinatown also make sure to pick up some pirated DVD's of movies that haven't been released yet.

And of course the prerequisite..... Catch the #4 train up to the Bronx and catch a game at the stadium. I wouldnt do that If I were you...last time I was in NY they were really cracking down on the DVD thing.....

If you've never been to NYC...

Take the subways and get off at any stop in the City, then take yourself for a walk on the busy streets of Manhattan, observe the great mass of people walking on the streets. Some looking busy, dressed in business suits, some plain weird with spiky hair and boots, some just plain normal like you and me... Stop to notice the diversity in the faces you see and the languages you hear, for New York is a unique place to see all worlds coming together and walking on the same street. From China to Russia, to India, to Pakistan, to Scandinavia, to England, to South America to Canada; standing at a corner of Times Square you'll meet the entire world.

Look at the massive buildings, take lots of pictures. Go to Rockefeller Center and watch people Ice skate... You'll see funny people whom never have skated in their lives taking a fall. Keep walking, go to the St. Patrick's cathedral, even if you are not religious, it is a beautiful building full of history. Keep walking, take yourself to China Town, you'll have a hard time believing you're still in America, see the people, buy something from them to see how they talk and interact with you and eachother. Smell their food and if you have money and the guts try one of their delicacies. Keep walking (are you tired?) take yourself to Little Italy, now here is a piece of my mediterranean brothers that I love, find the smallest, cheapest restaurant (they have Menus on their entrances for you to see) and ask for their special of the day, drink italian wine with it and you'll have yourself the best meal you've had in your life.

If you are tired of walking, take the subway again, go to the Village, walk on Bleecker street and find yourself in a strange country where gay people are actually happy and out in the light, watch straight people just walk around feeling unthreatened by them, as if OMG! was a normal thing that two men or two women can show their affection publicly. Go to a Tarot reader and haver tell you sweet lies about your future. Now you can walk or take the subway again and go to Navy Museum, if you don't have money you can always take a picture of the ships from outside and then walk along 12th street where lots people go roller skating or biking and go to the Chelsea Waterside Park...

There are so many places to go and see in Manhattan that you would not be able to do it all in one day, bus tours don't do it justice, because the city is to be experienced on your two feet; you need to be able to immerse yourself in the sea of people and interesting things in order to fully appreciate why this is the greatest city in the World.

Use this link for more places (I only mentioned like 1% of them) and maps: LINK

Have a great time! Do me a favor, please send my regards to the Indian guy who sells roasted peanuts near Rockefeller center! :thumbup

you can buy a lot of counterfit things pretty cheap in NYC, like in china town, though that does perpetuate the practical slave labor immigrants endure.? However, a lot of people like 10 dollar rolexes.

And of course the prerequisite..... Catch the #4 train up to the Bronx and catch a game at the stadium. Yeah, I want to bring Sham to a yankee game...or at the very least a mets game :lol

I wouldnt do that If I were you...last time I was in NY they were really cracking down on the DVD thing.....

They're still huge.

definately go see a Staten Island Yankees game...

good, cheap, minor league ball

I think all of those tickets are sold out.

Keep walking (are you tired?) take yourself to Little Italy, now here is a piece of my mediterranean brothers that I love, find the smallest, cheapest restaurant (they have Menus on their entrances for you to see) and ask for their special of the day, drink italian wine with it and you'll have yourself the best meal you've had in your life.

Little Italy has mostly sold out to the medgones, the real stuff is in the Bronx at Arthur avenue...that didn't stop me from buying a "holy cannoli" t-shirt at ferrara's, which has the best deserts on Earth.

The USS Intrepid also kicks major ass.

Keep walking (are you tired?) take yourself to Little Italy, now here is a piece of my mediterranean brothers that I love, find the smallest, cheapest restaurant (they have Menus on their entrances for you to see) and ask for their special of the day, drink italian wine with it and you'll have yourself the best meal you've had in your life.

Little Italy has mostly sold out to the medgones, the real stuff is in the Bronx at Arthur avenue...that didn't stop me from buying a "holy cannoli" t-shirt at ferrara's, which has the best deserts on Earth.

The USS Intrepid also kicks major ass. What is the name of that famous restaurant in the Bronx??? I forgot, they have the best seafood and marinara spaghetti in the world... Is it Benny's, Jimmy's, Sammy's... I forgot! :D

Bring lots of $$$ with yo utoo, you will be tempted to purchase something every step you take.

I will definitely visit that site....and yes, I'm dirt ass poor. :D I feel ya, when Im in school my diet consists of Ramen Noodles and water... :lol ramen noodles are the shiznit

I will definitely visit that site....and yes, I'm dirt ass poor. :D I feel ya, when Im in school my diet consists of Ramen Noodles and water... :lol ramen noodles are the shiznit Yeah but they get old after the third week straight.... :lol

The USS Intrepid also kicks major ass. What is the name of that famous restaurant in the Bronx??? I forgot, they have the best seafood and marinara spaghetti in the world... Is it Benny's, Jimmy's, Sammy's... I forgot! :D I have a major bias for dominic's rigoletto, which has the best italian food in existence.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.