Bush vs. Bush

Mikesgirl1

Ah...so both men are "flip-floppers." Makes it even more ridiculous when people cite that as their main reason for not voting Kerry.

Well......I only watched the "foreign incursion" part, but I can't believe that no one pointed out to Stewart that one statement happened BEFORE 9/11. Pretty simple, if you ask me.

Ah...so both men are "flip-floppers." Makes it even more ridiculous when people cite that as their main reason for not voting Kerry.

Well......I only watched the "foreign incursion" part, but I can't believe that no one pointed out to Stewart that one statement happened BEFORE 9/11. Pretty simple, if you ask me. :rofl Funny how Bush can change his mind and Kerry can't...

Wow... The double standard is so blatant.

Well, with most of Kerry's switches, either A.) He was on both sides after 9/11 or B.) Were non-terror related. I don't see Kerry as a liar, exactly. He's just a p***y, sittin' on de fence to get as many votes as he can while looking squeaky clean in the process. If you never step up to the plate, how can you ever strike out?

The reason people say Kerry is a flipflopper is b/c his voting record sows contradictions and his campaign speeches do not match up with the more recent votes he has placed. Bush was never a congressman or senator so the bush so-called flipflops are only in terms of rhetoric.

Spin, spin, spin... :rolleyes:

You might just want to check your sources. Kerry's supposed "flip-flops" only reflect this admins. flip-flops. Do you know that the commercial in which they show him (Kerry) saying "I voted for it, before I voted against it" was purposedly edited before he said that the administration initial proposal had been changed so that in the second round he had to reject it???? I bet not. Selective pieces do not tell the whole story. Anyway, is a campaign promise supposed to be just "rethoric"? Why don't you hold your candidate accountable for breaking promises? OHHH yeah that's right he represents your party.... HMMM :mischief2 So even if he completely squanders it's party principles you'd still defend him???? WOW

"We're not for Nation Building" :mischief2 yeah but now it's ok because we "HAD" to invade Iraq.

Unbelievable how some people would put their party's candidate over the good of their country.

Bush is running for the libertarian party? I was unaware. Kerry is a flipflopper b/c of his votes in the senate and no one can disagree with that. Bush allegedly hasnt kept campaign promises? Im still waiting for the middle class tax cuts clinton promised in his 1992 campaign. And in terms of foreign policy what happened during the bush presidency could not be foreseen so the changes he obviously could not keep his promises on foreign policy thta he made in 2000 b/c of some event that happened in the U.S. i think it happened sometime in septmeber '01 that changed the face of foreign policy, but like most americans I seem to have forgotten about that.

Bush is running for the libertarian party? I was unaware. Kerry is a flipflopper b/c of his votes in the senate and no one can disagree with that. Bush allegedly hasnt kept campaign promises? Im still waiting for the middle class tax cuts clinton promised in his 1992 campaign

Republican mantra: "When in doubt... Blame Clinton!" :rofl

Address the issues on Bush, who btw if you haven't heard is the President now. Why did he say this and then did the opposite? :huh

I just edited it in about nation building. Again : Legacyofcangelosi=never beenarepublican. If i need to choose b/w a lethal injection or being tortured and burned alive Ill choose the least painful alternative. Vote bush

Mind addressing my question? ohhh I know you are unable to, because there is no explanation for it. Maybe you'll just resort to another one liner to hide the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I just edited it in about nation building. Again : Legacyofcangelosi=never beenarepublican. If i need to choose b/w a lethal injection or being tortured and burned alive Ill choose the least painful alternative. Vote bush

Thats why I like libertarians. Well at least more than flat our Repubs. :)

I think you guys do the best job of shifting through all the BS and sticking to your guns.

Cyberlina i did answer your question the reason bush said one thing and did another in terms of nationbuilding is because of what happened after 9/11

And what exactly happened after 9/11 that warranted going into "nation building" Iraq? :blink: Just curious....

Cyberlina i did answer your question the reason bush said one thing and did another in terms of nationbuilding is because of what happened after 9/11

And what exactly happened after 9/11 that warranted going into "nation building" Iraq? :blink: Just curious.... The threat of terrorism. Durr.

And what exactly happened after 9/11 that warranted going into "nation building" Iraq? :blink: Just curious.... The threat of terrorism. Durr. Ohhh Yeah that's right, I forgot you guys still believe Al-Qaeda had ties with Hussein...

LOL that clip was great, Mr. Bush playing politics.

The threat of terrorism. Durr.

I guess the Administrations lies still work on some people. I can't imagine the amount of new terrorist because of this unjust war.

sigh......I can imagine that terrorists thrive more on prime financial and organizational conditions (i.e. state support) than some nebulous "the U.S. did us wrong" feeling.

I guess the Bush Is Evil And I Won't Hear Otherwise lies still work on some people.

And what exactly happened after 9/11 that warranted going into "nation building" Iraq? :blink: Just curious....

The threat of terrorism. Durr.

Ohhh Yeah that's right, I forgot you guys still believe Al-Qaeda had ties with Hussein...

Iraq was not about Al Qaeda, nor should it ever have been advertised as such. It was taking down a man who helped turn the Middle-East into the firestorm it is today as well as support terrorist networks across the globe, not just Al Qaeda.

If thats the case we would probably not be in this war. The administration spent months trying to scare people of the Iraqi threat, the "imminent threat" to our country, and the only weapon we removed is Saddam's pistol. Hundreds of innocent Americans dying for a lie, but that doesn't matter those Halliburton kick backs must be nice.

And to get back on topic, 9/11 provides a simple even-a-baby-could-notice answer to Bush's "flip-flop". You would think the Daily Show would have more brains.

Taking after our great president you're contradicting yourself in the same statement. How does 9/11 affect Bush's flip flopping if Iraq had nothing to do with Al Qaeda? Bush ran in 2000 under not "nation building" now thats the only excuse he can come up with for leading our nation into an unjust war.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.