Jacks cheap shot at Nunez

SlapHands69

Don't know if this was posted but this quote from McKeon got a laugh out of me. Maybe McKeon is trying to light a Fire into Nunez as he did with Penny.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basebal...-sports-marlins

"I said to Doug, Where's my long-ball guy?'" McKeon said following the second comeback win after the sixth inning of the season. "[Abraham] Nunez is spring training. [Damion] Easley is during the season.'"

Don't know if this was posted but this quote from McKeon got a laugh out of me. Maybe McKeon is trying to light a Fire into Nunez as he did with Penny.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basebal...-sports-marlins

"I said to Doug, Where's my long-ball guy?'" McKeon said following the second comeback win after the sixth inning of the season. "[Abraham] Nunez is spring training. [Damion] Easley is during the season.'"

or piss him off

The worst thing that could come out of this is Nunez going to plate next game swinging out of his shoes at every pitch.

He has to hit to the situation.

Sure, if he was the lead-off hitter with the third baseman playing back, or wanted to move runners along with 0 or 1 outs....then give the bunt a try.

But with 2 outs, runner on third, pitcher coming up next, you don't bunt 5 feet up the 3rd base line, you try to place a ball in the OF.

Nunez tries too hard. He should just lay back, because he has talent... but he's just not showing it right now.

The problem is if Nunez doesn't show some effort and translate his talent into meaningful performances against real major league pitchers he'll join a large cast of talented athletes out of job having failed at the game's highest level.

The worst thing that could come out of this is Nunez going to plate next game swinging out of his shoes at every pitch.

Wasn't that the reason he was first benched?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.