So, I'm upset

Hugg

Last night, it was shock.

Today, it is anger.

The man who coaches my college basketball team...well, coached, was a man I respected. I don't want to sound like over-dramatic loser fan here, but the fact that Jim O'Brien was the OSU Basketball coach made me proud. We didn't win all the time, but dammit, he had class, he followed the rules...

He hoodwinked us all. That piece of trash cheated and I'm pissed. I'm tired of the university having to put up with this kind of crap and getting the reputation that they're cheaters. I'm glad Andy Geiger sent this loser packing. I feel betrayed. That sounds really dumb, but it's true. 100% betrayed. The program is headed towards probation now because of this idiot. The players now, who had nothing to do with any of it, are about to get screwed. O'Brien, meanwhile, will use his connections to get an NBA assisstant job and it'll just be a matter of time before he's coaching at another school.

Jim O'Brien, I thought I knew you, now I say, go to hell, sir.

There's only one man who can save us now.

That man is an OSU alum.

That man has always wanted to coach here.

That man is Bobby Knight.

Well, you failed to sound like an over-dramatic loser, but I like it.

+10 points for using the word hoodwinked (the "new hotness" of slang words).

And if Bobby Knight WAS to come to OSU, it would be worth it. I'd jump in a time machine and have have O'Brien do it again for twice as much. There is no better fit thrower than Bobby Knight (I'm a close second).

I dont see Knight leaving right now. Maybe after next season after the interim coach has gotten through another losing season.

Knight at THE Ohio State University would be huge.

Boyages isn't going to be the interim coach into the season. It's only until we hire someone. Geiger made that clear yesterday.

And the new coach won't have to keep any of the current staff.

hehehehehehe

I love it! THE. Such a stupid little touch. But, when you're one of the biggest schools in the country, you can afford to do stupid stuff like this and get away with it.

Best part is they used to cut it out on Monday Night Football during the introductions and the players bitched.

i'd say there's a 30% chance you'll see Bobby Knight coaching OSU

It depends, honestly...

It's been his dream to go there, but he's never been in a position to actually do it. I'm hoping for Knight. Just don't know if Geiger (athletic director) would actually put up with him. It's a great basketball school when they put a decent team out on the floor.

God complexes rule!

i'd say there's a 30% chance you'll see Bobby Knight coaching OSU

It depends, honestly...

It's been his dream to go there, but he's never been in a position to actually do it. I'm hoping for Knight. Just don't know if Geiger (athletic director) would actually put up with him. It's a great basketball school when they put a decent team out on the floor.

God complexes rule! Knight actually signed that extension through 2009 today (didn't realize this before), no chance now.

The locals seem to think George Karl (who lives in C-Bus) is the frontrunner if he wants it.

Karl is a damn good coach. That would be a great hire for OSU. He can get them competitive in the Big 10 again.

Pretty bad when you cheat and your program still sucks though.

Cheap shot!

We were good when this happened. Coming off a Final 4 season and we were a top 10 most of that season.

And we've won 2 Big 10 titles since then, this year we sucked, that's it.

Anyway, none of it matters now.

Karl is a damn good coach. That would be a great hire for OSU. He can get them competitive in the Big 10 again.

Pretty bad when you cheat and your program still sucks though.

Cheap shot!

We were good when this happened. Coming off a Final 4 season and we were a top 10 most of that season.

And we've won 2 Big 10 titles since then, this year we sucked, that's it.

Anyway, none of it matters now. At least its not as bad as Michigan. They can't take your Final Four banner from you.

What was the deal with Stockman this year anyways? Is he just a headcase or what? I remember when he transferred from Clemson and I was happy because I don't like it when crappy teams have guys who can get hot and win the game with 10 threes. Example being Virginia's Todd Billet.

What was the deal with Stockman this year anyways? Is he just a headcase or what? I remember when he transferred from Clemson and I was happy because I don't like it when crappy teams have guys who can get hot and win the game with 10 threes. Example being Virginia's Todd Billet.

He didn't play defense hard early on and got in O'Brien's dog house. He got out of it in the Big 10 season and played rather well. I believe he was 2nd or 3rd in the conference in steals.

He was especially good down the stretch and had one of those games you speak of against Indiana (ask Ramp about it :) ) at home. Went 7 of 9 from 3 point and had 25 points.

He's going to have a big year this winter.

If our new coach turns up the tempo, we have a chance to be pretty solid. We've got everyone but our big man back and a top 25 class coming in (assuming they still come).